LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Last week we had a few days in Thirsk and a few beers in Wetherspoons there, usually when I am in a Spoons I have one new beer, then switch onto something I like, unless the new one is good.

http://ralph-dot.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/some-from-spoons-in-thiesk.html
I tend to play safe at Spoons establishments Ralph, as Ruddles Best and Abbot Ale are two of my favourites, and both from Greene King nowadays.

I've not even seen those listed on your latest blog entry before, never mind taste them. ;)

Cheers, :drink:

Jock. :)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Beer of the week? On our 7 pub coach tour of the Rhins of Galloway at the weekend a pint of 'Jarl' from Fyne Ales was certainly my favourite with 'Jenny's Fair Jig' from the Ayr Brewery a close second.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
@Ralph-Dot. I've never had a Japanese beer Ralph. :(

I'm glad you liked at least one of them. ;)

I am currently on a bottle of Badger Poacher's Choice. It's not one I have had before, but it is one I am enjoying, with a nice deep fruity flavour. I certainly wouldn't want too many of them. :)

Cheers :drink:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Trappistes Rochefort No 10, best served at room temperature. ABV 11.5%

Like Christmas dinner in a bottle - talk about flavour.

Used to only be available in Belgium but is increasingly found in French supermarkets, including Carrefour Calais, provided I haven't been in there before you and emptied the shelf.

Accept no substitutes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Magic rock IPA with honey - 7.6% beutiful

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
image.jpg Just having one of my last home brews Norfolk Werry.
Very nice

Joe

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Not been on for a while and I have been to France, so here are some new French beers I had over there

http://ralph-dot.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/holiday-by-loire.html
Hi Ralph. :)

I hope you and yours had a smashing time. (y)

I've had Nos1 1 & 3 in your blog, and found them to be a bit nondescript. :(
The rest I've not even seen or noticed before, so may look out for a couple when travelling through France in late Aug/early Sept.
We are off to Holland in a few days time, so I'll be looking for.............................................anything except Heineken. :LOL:

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Tried this one a few days ago at lunch ....... was driving so thought it was worth a shot
Unusually hoppy citrus beer but much better than any other low alcohol beer I've tried before.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Hi Ralph. :)

I hope you and yours had a smashing time. (y)

I've had Nos1 1 & 3 in your blog, and found them to be a bit nondescript. :(
The rest I've not even seen or noticed before, so may look out for a couple when travelling through France in late Aug/early Sept.
We are off to Holland in a few days time, so I'll be looking for.............................................anything except Heineken. :LOL:

Amstel is worse than Heineken

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Around here and most of the UK, lots of small pubs are opening up, most selling beers from local brewers. When I started drinking (many years ago) there were many pub like this and I hope they are here to stay.

http://ralph-dot.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/local-new-small-pub.html

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Yet again Ralph (unfortunately), I've not sampled any of those listed on that blog page, but I do like the sound of the Brown Ale. ;)

I'm in Holland at the moment, and as mentioned above, I'm not wanting to partake of either Heineken or Amstel, so whilst sat outside a bar in Dordrecht, I related my wishes to the waiter. He recommended that I try a Brand Pilsner on tap. Not being a lager type lover, I found it tasty, refreshing, and rather moreish. (y)

Whilst staying at a farm style Camperstop, they had a range of bottled beers for sale. One was called "Farmers Beer", but when I looked at the label, it was only 2.6% ABV. WHAT? Not for me thanks, so the very nice farmer's wife went to the fridge and pulled out another bottle. It was 11% ABV. :LOL: I settled for 2 x dark beers, one at 6% ABV and the other at 10% ABV.
This is the lower volume one.
P1070445.JPG

It was really smooth and tasty with sweet chocolatey tones. I have to say, that it was as good as any Belgian Brune I've ever had. I really liked it. (y)

The stronger one @ 11% went down okay, but it's not one I would have again. :( Surprisingly enough, compared to the 6%, it seemed to lack aroma and flavour. ( I forgot to photograph it before disposing of the bottle. :( )

Yesterday, in the late afternoon at Roermond, we had lunch, and I had a couple of these (on the right, not the left :rofl: ).
P1070594.JPG

I had a Wheat Beer in Enkhuizen last weekend, and it was absolutely awful, with a horrible bitterness and very little aroma or flavour. :( I asked the waiter yesterday, if the his draught Wheat Beer was anything like Erdinger or Franziskaner. He said that many of his customers preferred the Hertog Jan (locally brewed) to both of the afore mentioned.
It was very refreshing, with a nice aroma and a slightly sweet flavour, and for me, it is right up there with Erdinger and Franziskaner. Highly recommended if you like a Wheat Beer/Weissbeir. (y)

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
I,m near Taunton and very disapointed with whats on offer, any advice.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Here are three of the beers I had in August, as usual I an trying to catch up, the holiday in July and the amount of beers I had then have made it harder. These are all follow ups to brewers that I have done before.

http://ralph-dot.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/august-2017.html

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
IMG_0781.JPG
Just tried an afternoon on these two beers , very nice too , very light in colour and very citrus in flavour now it's time to sleep them off !
IMG_0780.JPG

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Just enjoying a bottle of Brewdog Jackhammer, excellent, if a little strong. Love Brewdog ales even if they are craft and not 'Real' ales.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
This week I am in Cyprus.(BA would not let me bring the Moho). The local beers here are Keo and Efes. Both are light lagers, but suited to the heat.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
This weekend I've been mostly guzzling.......

View attachment 183432

And a damn fine pint it it is too............

Pete
Yes, another fan of Adams Ghost Ship here. (y) It is possibly my favourite of the hoppy blonde ales, as it is a nice smooth one, rather than sharp and citrus(y). Some of these hoppy blondes, are like drinking garapefruit juice. :(

From the same stable, their Broadside is one of my favourite dark malty ales. (y)

@Ralph-Dot and @Howard H, I've not had the pleasure of any of those, which you both listed. :(

Due to my current location, (Alicante) I am on St Omer Blonde, and Perlenbacher Weissbier, which I picked up on the way down. I am hoping to find Cerveza Petra Negra, which I sourced last time we were down this way, but not seen it yet. Hopefully, I'll source it in Calpe.

I've been saving 6 x bottles of quality British Ales, for when we meet up with our friends. ;)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
This week I am in Cyprus.(BA would not let me bring the Moho). The local beers here are Keo and Efes. Both are light lagers, but suited to the heat.
When I was stationed ed there in the early 80s, all you could get was Keo and Carlsberg. Even though not a layer drinker normally, I soon developed a liking for the Keo. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back