Wifi and cellular tablet (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
I know you say you don't want an iPad but I'm sure there must be other tablets that will do what you want. I have an ipad that I usually use on wifi but it has the cellular option which we use when travelling. When i bought it four years ago I got a three sim card. I can top this up on a daily or monthly basis when in the UK, or add an overseas allowance for abroad. We've used it all over Europe and for a trip to Asia with no problems. I'm not very technically minded so this works fine for us.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I don't have, or want a smart phone.

Just to confuse you a smart phone and tablet that connects by phone signal ( and WiFi of course ) are just about identical.

I don't think there are many tablets that take a SIM but there are many smart phones which do just what you want and if you need to you can make a call or text.

@JJ is devoted to his Samsung. There term for a big phone/tablet is phablet.

More options for you.

After what I've just said, a quick look on ebay proves me wrong.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...im.TRS0&_nkw=android+tablet+with+sim&_sacat=0

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I know you say you don't want an iPad but I'm sure there must be other tablets that will do what you want. I have an ipad that I usually use on wifi but it has the cellular option which we use when travelling. When i bought it four years ago I got a three sim card. I can top this up on a daily or monthly basis when in the UK, or add an overseas allowance for abroad. We've used it all over Europe and for a trip to Asia with no problems. I'm not very technically minded so this works fine for us.
You will probably find that buying a new SIM each time you run out of data is cheaper than topping up the same one. 3 appears not to reward existing customers.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We use a Samsung Tab A with a 12Gb 12month 3 data sim. Only use the sim when abroad. The current one has run out so will need to buy another before we go abroad again.

Denise

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
We have a relatively old Samsung 10.1 (10' screen I think it means) tablet. It takes a SIM card and has a GPS chip in it. We use it as our satnav and put a 3 PAYG data SIM in it for using when not in WiFi or out of the UK (the same SIM as mentioned above 12/24 GB for 12/24 months).

A refurbished item from Argos with a 12m guarantee for £170.
If you don't like it they will refund with no hassle.
I think however I any Android tablet which takes a SIM card will be okay.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Tab-A-10-1-Inch-1-6GHz-2GB-16GB-Wi-Fi-Android-6-0-Tablet-Black-/361750100268?hash=item5439fc792c:g:Y~wAAOSwSlBY0wx8

1493311334120439507670.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back