Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
IH Tio Savanah PVC
Exp
Andy - which Vet did you use?

Not sure which vet you mean, but his regular vet is part of the Medivet franchise which has branches all over the place.

The vet we used before we came home was in Goes, Zeeland. Only any use if you're gonna be anywhere near Middleburg in the Netherlands. If you feel it would be of use I will post up a link.

Andy

Andy H

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
IH Tio Savanah PVC
Exp
We were staying at Wolphaartsdijk in Zeeland. The vet was based in nearby Goes, although they have a couple of branches in other parts of Zeeland. We went on the Tuesday and returned to UK on the Thursday.

Should it be of any use to anyone in the future here is the link;

Needless to say, it's the Netherlands, so excellent English spoken, very friendly as well.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jfcamping

Free Member
May 1, 2017
Oldbury
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
Newbie to Motohoming but been camping all my life
I go this recently and the passport was £63 with the worming was just over £100 and the gave me the tapeworm tablet for the return journey. Found a nice vet in Denmark £24 to watch and sign.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I go this recently and the passport was £63 with the worming was just over £100 and the gave me the tapeworm tablet for the return journey. Found a nice vet in Denmark £24 to watch and sign.

Something doesn't seem right about that. You don't need any worming treatment administered in this country before you go. If you're saying he charged you £37 for a tablet to take with you then that's scandalous.

£63 for the passport is on the high side as well even if it did include the rabies jab.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We used this English speaking vets in Vicenza Italy. We phoned ahead and got an appointment a few hours later. €25 charge.

IMG_1020.PNG

IMG_1021.PNG

jfcamping

Free Member
May 1, 2017
Oldbury
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
Something doesn't seem right about that. You don't need any worming treatment administered in this country before you go. If you're saying he charged you £37 for a tablet to take with you then that's scandalous.

£63 for the passport is on the high side as well even if it did include the rabies jab.

Sorry I meant Passport and Rabies (3 year) and the tapeworm tablet (worming was done as standard). I think the £63 was a good price just for the passport as ringing around most wanted over £100 alone just for for the passport so getting it just over £100 all in together I think is an ok price. Some may have gone cheaper but then taking the time and fuel into consideration to get to some places I don't mind paying what I think is a fair price.

jfcamping

Free Member
May 1, 2017
Oldbury
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
jfcamping - do you have an address for the Vet?

Name: Skibhus Dyreklinik
Address: Skibhusvej 186, 5000 Odense C, Denmark

Speak English also the vet goes to crufts every year also so had a good chat.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Sorry I meant Passport and Rabies (3 year) and the tapeworm tablet (worming was done as standard). I think the £63 was a good price just for the passport as ringing around most wanted over £100 alone just for for the passport so getting it just over £100 all in together I think is an ok price. Some may have gone cheaper but then taking the time and fuel into consideration to get to some places I don't mind paying what I think is a fair price.

£63 is OK I suppose but above average for the rabies jab and passport. £40 - £50 is good.

Worming treatment administered by a vet in the UK is simply not required for anything so if the vet has told it is then he's turning you over.

A tapeworm tablet to take with you should be a couple of quid, perhaps a fiver if the vet's expensive.

I just can't work out what the extra £37 was for.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not sure where you've found a vet that sells you the tapework tablet cheaply Nicknic, our experience in buying them from a UK vet is about £5 each for our little ones and £7 for our big monster, even at a foreign vet they're about the same ... this time I bought mine on-line to take with me to reduce the cost.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not sure where you've found a vet that sells you the tapework tablet cheaply Nicknic, our experience in buying them from a UK vet is about £5 each for our little ones and £7 for our big monster, even at a foreign vet they're about the same ... this time I bought mine on-line to take with me to reduce the cost.

Droncet from my vet are about £3 each (y)

My main point though is what the hell has the OP's vet charged the extra £37 for?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I took my chihuahua to a vet 350 miles before the port. Wouldn't use my worming tabs, had prescription and non prescription.
Gave her a jab instead. She had no tummy problems which she would have had with the tablet.
€30 for consultation and €7 for jab.
He was very thorough, checking my return dates and her passport.
Bit dear, but would Deffo use him again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back