• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

KAMPA 390L MOTOR RALLY AIR PRO INFLATABLE MOTORHOME AWNING (1 Viewer)

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
IMG_2135.JPG
IMG_2185.jpg
IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2184.jpg
IMG_2183.jpg
Look at this on eBay

KAMPA Motor Rally Air Pro 390L MOTORHOME Awning INFLATABLE - TOP QUALITY

ONLY USED 3 TIMES

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wouldn't it be an idea to put it on here with the price you want for it rather than have everyone guessing what you really want? :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I believe the op is the seller on the eBay advert....:cool:
Yes I know that but if the price was given if she sold it to a funster on here she then wouldn't end up paying Ebay fees ...(y)

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Minxy Girl,

I am a bit confused by your comments as I did send you a reply on Sunday in response to the private message you inboxed me on Sunday morning asking me what price I was looking for, for this awning.

In my reply I did state what price I would be happy to accept after deducting any forecasted eBay and PayPal fees from the price. Did you not receive my message? I did not receive an answer back from you, so maybe you did not get my message or perhaps you just thought my price was not favourable enough for you? It says the reply I sent to you on Sunday was read - but maybe you've been too busy to respond or I've misunderstood something?

Obviously, since you sent me your message, I have received several bids on my listing now, so it would be most unfair on my bidders for me to now end the listing early.

Good luck if you should decide to bid on my awning though.

PS I do have a second awning too and that too is listed on eBay. That one is a Thule Awning Tent and it fits on to your wind out awning. Take a look at my other items for sale on eBay if you or anyone else is interested in that style.

Sue

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Just wanted to add I am also selling a full set of Lillypad Leisure Windblockers too, in a charcoal grey colour and when my hubby gets in and confirms the measurements, I will add their size and the price I want for them on here.

Plus an Avtex TV and several other items too.

Watch this space!

Sue

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I believe what Minxy is alluding to, is it would appear you are using this forum to promote your e bay listings rather than posting an add on here for the item you have and a price you would accept for the benefit of the members
your wind blocker is a prime example, you advise their impending sale, get a valid equiry from a member and merely post another link to e bay with a starting price.
you may have replied privately to the members inquiry but that does not make for good forum etiquette
exactly the same when a quetion is asked, and all you see as an answer is you have a PM :doh:
My sincere apologies to @Minxy Girl if I have got it wrong
It is however my perception
G

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Geo, spot on chuck ... but just to add, as I mentioned earlier, it would have saved the OP money by not having to pay Ebay fees and/or allow them to let a funster having it cheaper and still be happy with the price the OP got for it.

For example the Kampa awning is currently at £430 with 9 hours to go, so lets say it ends up at £450, that's approx £60 in fees, leaving £390 income, if it goes for £495 that's £66 in fees, leaving £428 income. I was offered it at the higher end of these prices as a COC but it was moot anyway as by the time I saw the message from the OP it had bids on and as the price to me was before any bids I felt there wasn't much point in replying as it was moot.

If an item is advertised on the forum (for free I might add) it would be 'nice' if it was initially for the benefit of members here before being put on other media to sell. That's what I do with all my stuff that I think may be of interest to funsters, I sold an Avtex aerial recently for £20 but I could have sold it on Ebay for £30 or more if I'd wanted to, same with the Quest pop-up awnings which were offered to funsters with a very healthy discount.

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
I believe what Minxy is alluding to, is it would appear you are using this forum to promote your e bay listings rather than posting an add on here for the item you have and a price you would accept for the benefit of the members
your wind blocker is a prime example, you advise their impending sale, get a valid equiry from a member and merely post another link to e bay with a starting price.
you may have replied privately to the members inquiry but that does not make for good forum etiquette
exactly the same when a quetion is asked, and all you see as an answer is you have a PM :doh:
My sincere apologies to @Minxy Girl if I have got it wrong
It is however my perception
G

Oh dear - have I done something wrong here????

I must point out that I replied to several members who have inboxed me before I had bids on all my listings Geo and I kindly offered them a buy now price I was happy to accept and I also offered them free postage too. The prices I offered were fair but I think most members who showed an interest were more than happy to follow the eBay listing in the hopes that they'd get a genuine bargain, especially as I had started them off at a very fair price. I had no reserve on my listings so they could have sold for the starting price if nobody else were to bid on them.

As for promoting my eBay listings - I thought this was acceptable as I've seen other members do similar and I have never been informed by Jim that this was considered bad forum manners. I must point out in my defence to your comnents that I pride myself on being a very politie well mannered person and I thought any discussions with members who'd privately messaged another member were supposed to be answered in the same respectful manner. Members may not wish to discuss financial matters on the open forum and I was simply respecting their privacy.

As for replying privately to Minxy girl - she privately messaged me (not I her) to ask me what price I would be willing to accept for my inflatable awning on the very first day I placed my ad on here and I politely replied immediately to her pm. I would gladly have sold them to her had she wanted them - but unfortunately, she never got back to me with a reply to my offer. The next I heard from Minxy re my sale was when she posted publicly in this thread a few days later. Unfortunately, she omitted to mention that I had happily offered her a good deal on my inflatable awning. To be honest I was and I still am, a little confused by her posts and why she has not replied to either my pm or to my response to her posts in this thread.

Anyway, I apologise if I have upset, annoyed or aggrieved anyone by posting a link to my eBay listings as this certainly was not my intention.

Happy Saturday.

Love Sue x

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
As for replying privately to Minxy girl - she privately messaged me (not I her) to ask me what price I would be willing to accept for my inflatable awning on the very first day I placed my ad on here and I politely replied immediately to her pm. I would gladly have sold them to her had she wanted them - but unfortunately, she never got back to me with a reply to my offer.

The next I heard from Minxy re my sale was when she posted publicly in this thread a few days later. Unfortunately, she omitted to mention that I had happily offered her a good deal on my inflatable awning.
I did 'talk' to you by putting a message on this thread on the same evening about putting the details on here, not a few days later.

I explained in my public response to Geo earlier today why I didn't respond to your message personally as you had made it a 'condition' of my purchasing your awning that it didn't have any bids on so you could end it early, but by the time I read your message there were bids on it so it was too late to take up your offer anyway therefore I couldn't see the point in just replying for the sake of it - I assumed you'd had others asking too, which you had, but obviously no-one bought it based on the price you wanted (no free P&P to me though:() as it was still on Ebay being bid on.

To be honest I was and I still am, a little confused by her posts and why she has not replied to either my pm or to my response to her posts in this thread.
If you had put @ before my user name I would have got an alert that you were 'talking' to me, but just putting my user name on its own didn't let me know so I have only read this thread again today as Geo mentioned me (with @) so I got an alert.

Anyway, I apologise if I have upset, annoyed or aggrieved anyone by posting a link to my eBay listings as this certainly was not my intention.
Never thought for one minute that your intentions were anything but good and certainly linking to Ebay ads can be useful, its just that it could have saved you money and benefited a funster more too.

Good luck with the sales.

Mel

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You have done nothing wrong Sue, your free to do and sell to whom and how as you please I merely pointed out the possible views myself and others may take on how your post could be perceived
It might be considered polite by some, to post an acceptable price in your post/link to your e bay item
giving members first choice as it were, it matters not a jot if your asking price is £200 on here and a starting price of £10 on ebeay members have a choice to make but were offered first dibs
On the other hand maybe im way off base and it just me that sees it that way
Love Geo XX

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
I did 'talk' to you by putting a message on this thread on the same evening about putting the details on here, not a few days later.

I explained in my public response to Geo earlier today why I didn't respond to your message personally as you had made it a 'condition' of my purchasing your awning that it didn't have any bids on so you could end it early, but by the time I read your message there were bids on it so it was too late to take up your offer anyway therefore I couldn't see the point in just replying for the sake of it - I assumed you'd had others asking too, which you had, but obviously no-one bought it based on the price you wanted (no free P&P to me though:() as it was still on Ebay being bid on.

If you had put @ before my user name I would have got an alert that you were 'talking' to me, but just putting my user name on its own didn't let me know so I have only read this thread again today as Geo mentioned me (with @) so I got an alert.

Never thought for one minute that your intentions were anything but good and certainly linking to Ebay ads can be useful, its just that it could have saved you money and benefited a funster more too.

Good luck with the sales.

Mel

@Minxy Girl Oh I've learnt something new with the @ sign - so thanks for the advice! You learn something new every day lol

Just to clarify - I was merely pointing out that the next time I personally heard anything from you after the day you'd privately messaged me asking what was the lowest price I'd take for my inflatable awning, was when I came back on the forum a few days later and read your comments in this particular thread. I just wanted to emphasise that I had indeed replied to your private message immediately I received it from you last Sunday, whereby I had kindly offered you a £75 deduction. I based my price on the winning bid my brother had got for his identical inflatable awning to mine, which he'd sold on eBay only the week before. I deducted the eBay and PayPal fees that he'd been charged from the figure he'd sold it for and offered you what I felt was a very good price for a fabulous top of the range awning. You mentioned in the private message that you would pay cash on collection, so the subject of postage was not mentioned. However, with you not replying to my private message, I assumed you did not wish to proceed any further, so to be fair I thought no more about it.

Something is puzzling me though Mel, you state in your post that you did not bother replying to my private message last Sunday, because you said my listing had already got bids on it but that could not be the case, as the first bid on my eBay listing for this awning was not made until the following day (Monday) You posted your comments re your concerns about me not giving a price of what I wanted for it on the Sunday, so I'm even more confused now as that was the very same day as I had made you the £75 discount offer.

Am I going doo lally or something coz it's all a bit odd and I'm beginning to feel a bit like I'm on trial!!!!

I genuinely did not wish to annoy anyone - I was merely bringing my eBay listings to the attention of interested parties / potential buyers and I would happily have offered a good and fair deal to any funster had they wished to buy any of my listings.

Hope I'm forgiven.

Sue x

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
PS By the way Geo I offered the windblockers to interested parties for £100 when they contacted me via private message after I first mentioned I was selling them. That price included the postage, I paid £300 for this set when new and £100 seemed a fair price to me. They currently have only 1 bid on them on eBay for £75.00 plus postage - so maybe whoever is after them will get a better bargain off eBay than if I'd sold them to them directly from this forum. I'm not a greedy person and let's face it, I'm the loser in the end if I sell on eBay as I get charged sellers and PayPal fees. I would have preferred to sell to a Funster - but sadly no takers, so I hope whoever wins any of my items are genuinely pleased with their purchases.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The classifieds are there for members to sell stuff, as long it's a private sale then links to ebay are fine. No worries (y) That said, it's always worth putting it here first, that way if it sells then you have no fees. Buyers are reminded though that we can't offer the protection that ebay is able to.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Nothing to forgive Sue, as I said earlier good luck with the sales. :)

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
The classifieds are there for members to sell stuff, as long it's a private sale then links to ebay are fine. No worries (y) That said, it's always worth putting it here first, that way if it sells then you have no fees. Buyers are reminded though that we can't offer the protection that ebay is able to.

Thank you for the clarification Jim and that's a good point re the eBay protection policy. (y)

Nothing to forgive Sue, as I said earlier good luck with the sales. :)

Thank you (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back