Close circuit TV (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
Hi there does anyone use CCTV at home. We had unwanted visitors the other day trying to get into a car which has made me look at deterrents. I've been looking at the netgear arlo or ring system as I want a wireless solution. However would be interested in what other people may use and any positive or negatives as to what they use. Thanks Rich

Free Member
Mar 22, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Rapido 604ff Low Profile
Exp
Hi Richgj,
We have a Swann system which we bought in Maplins. It is a four camera model although we only got two cameras with it when we purchased it. We are going to buy two more cameras and install them when time allows. The system is easy to install, just plug in and play. Recording is always on and works on a sort of loop system where after a certain time it records over itself again, I thing it runs for a few days though. You can watch it at anytime on your TV or if you are away from home you can watch it on your iPhone or tablet. The cameras are also infra red so you can see at night.
Why not pop into your nearest Maplins and pick someone's brains.
Good luck,

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi there. We too have the Swann system with 6 cameras fitted. Honestly cannot fault it. Paid £290 from maplins in Stafford 2TB hard drive. App from swann link. Well worth the pennies.

Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Had reliability issues with our Swann system, and no end of grief getting a refund from Maplins. I bought one of these 4 camera, wi-fi connected, 960P (hi res), internet/phone accessible systems, complete with 12 day auto DVR. It was so good, I bought another for our other house. £235.99 (make sure you get the one with the HD pre installed). The picture quality is amazing

Amazon product ASIN B01ISLXKAE

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we had a problem with vandalism and fly tipping at our church. A cheap set of swann cameras from maplin was fitted and overnight the problems stopped. no we only occasionally switch them on but the visible cameras and signs work anyway. oh and a few solar powered pir floodlights help too

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back