Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I appreciate this subject of motorhomers and campers leaving rubbish behind is probably one of the main gripes responsible people have. Campers and the general public dislike of this, possibly ranking above the dripping grey water saga. I've seen numerous threads on this forum slating mindless campers who leave their rubbish behind for other people to have to clear up and rightly so. What I don't understand is members of this forum 'funsters' attending this year's Newark Spring Show, taking their own food and drink into the
Main pavillion to watch the evenings entertainment and then leave the premises without their rubbish. Instead, one group leaving bags of empty bottles, tins and general waste under one table and another group leaving cans and bottles in a pile on the floor next to their seats and that was out of the five tables immediately adjacent us. What example does that set? When the management stamp down on customers bringing in their own food and drink who will be the first to moan? How many times do we on here rightly say it's the mindless few that spoil it for the rest?
To those that do it, "Take your crap home with you, bin it and don't let's spoil another good thing". And when I see the culprits tonight I shall remind them,
'nough said.
Lance.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
annoys us too, carry it in full, take it home empty, far less effort involved just plain lazy not to take it back

I liken them to the same folk that take a picnic somewhere, then cant be arsed to carry home the empties plastic, tins etc

or the walkers / runners with their energy drinks, that throw the empty plastic bottle where ever they finish it

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
and while I am on a roll

what is it with folk at rallies that seem to leave masses of rubbish, often far more then could possibly be part of the 2 day stop over

take it home, put it in your own bin

full timers and those going on to holidays might have a half decent excuse

but the rest of you, think of the poor site owner, please (y)(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
what is it with folk at rallies that seem to leave masses of rubbish, often far more then could possibly be part of the 2 day stop over

You should go to race meetings. They take cheap tents, disposable BBQs etc etc and leave the lot.

Last year in Shell Island the things left behind was staggering, admittedly wind damaged tents but no hint of clear up, just clear off.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
and while I am on a roll

take it home, put it in your own bin

full timers and those going on to holidays might have a half decent excuse

but the rest of you, think of the poor site owner, please (y)(y)
Seen this at Peterborough 2 years ago. A member on here pilled thier rubish behind the motorhome. Noticed Sunday afternoon they had judt drove off leaving it for someone else to move.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Seen this at Peterborough 2 years ago. A member on here pilled thier rubish behind the motorhome. Noticed Sunday afternoon they had judt drove off leaving it for someone else to move.

I'm imagining these are the same type of people that sling dog bags into trees

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Name and shame them so we can all know what there about, might make them think about doing it again

OP
OP
Wickolad

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Name and shame them so we can all know what there about, might make them think about doing it again
I actually think at leat one of them must have gotten the message as they took their rubbish away with them the second night (Saturday). Hopefully the second culprit did likewise but not seen. Thanks everyone for the support on this matter. They say you should never post on media after a drink but I couldn't help myself. I won't name and shame as I believe everyone should get a chance to redeem themselves as was done. Hopefully it will continue.
Happy travels everyone :D

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
found I was 'dribbling' as I left a campsite. OH I thought I had turned it off says J, did you open it in the first place says I, NO he says.
So why the bleep bleep did he turn the bleep bleep tap in the first place. Fortunately had emptied basin after washing up onto the casette, as we knew there was no drive over point and the waste container was in the garage at home:madder:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A handful of otherwise unemployed people may have a job for a couple of days cleaning out the venue.
Its a bit diffrerent to leaving bags of rubbish in wildcamping spots.

Ever been to Glastonbury ? That takes days to clear up the tons of rubbish by a massive gang of poorly paid workers.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I suppose it's the same mob that shop like this when the supermarket is shut for one day.
1205341-a-shopping-trolley-full-of-daily-groceries.jpg

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
A handful of otherwise unemployed people may have a job for a couple of days cleaning out the venue.
Its a bit diffrerent to leaving bags of rubbish in wildcamping spots.

Ever been to Glastonbury ? That takes days to clear up the tons of rubbish by a massive gang of poorly paid workers.
Doesn't make it right PJ, it's there shit take it with them, imo bad manners (not the group)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I hadn't seen the original post until today and certainly no one mentioned anything to any persons on our table.
We were at the Newark Show and went into the entertainment area both nights , we all took some of our own drinks/crisps etc in but certainly took all our empties back to the vans with us, the waste bins were on the way back anyway ,@Terry, @Ambilkate ,@jo-ca @elfish all cleared our own rubbish away

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Slightly off topic, but have you seen how much rubbish some people manage to leave behind after a two hour flight? Where do they get it all from and why do they have to leave it! The cabin crew come round with bags to collect it but some seating areas are disgusting when the passengers have left.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I hadn't seen the original post until today and certainly no one mentioned anything to any persons on our table.
We were at the Newark Show and went into the entertainment area both nights , we all took some of our own drinks/crisps etc in but certainly took all our empties back to the vans with us, the waste bins were on the way back anyway ,@Terry, @Ambilkate ,@jo-ca @elfish all cleared our own rubbish away
Thankyou Jim I to had not seen this OP

I appreciate this subject of motorhomers and campers leaving rubbish behind is probably one of the main gripes responsible people have. Campers and the general public dislike of this, possibly ranking above the dripping grey water saga. I've seen numerous threads on this forum slating mindless campers who leave their rubbish behind for other people to have to clear up and rightly so. What I don't understand is members of this forum 'funsters' attending this year's Newark Spring Show, taking their own food and drink into the
Main pavillion to watch the evenings entertainment and then leave the premises without their rubbish. Instead, one group leaving bags of empty bottles, tins and general waste under one table and another group leaving cans and bottles in a pile on the floor next to their seats and that was out of the five tables immediately adjacent us. What example does that set? When the management stamp down on customers bringing in their own food and drink who will be the first to moan? How many times do we on here rightly say it's the mindless few that spoil it for the rest?
To those that do it, "Take your crap home with you, bin it and don't let's spoil another good thing". And when I see the culprits tonight I shall remind them,
'nough said.
Lance.

As Jim has stated we were at the entertainment on both nights plus at most of the other events that happened that weekend . May I just state at no time did we leave any Rubbish . I must say I'm non to pleased to think that a Funster or Funsters would do so .
I must also state that as most people kept themselves to themselves we did not know who was who so I would not have known who were Funsters it was only on the first nights entertainment on the wayout that I noticed a Funster badge on a gentleman and I introduced ourselves to him and the lady next to him . .
Kind regards Kate x

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Never mind the entertainment tent... what about the folk who wander up to your van at a meet/rally/park up for a chat, sipping from bottles/cans of beer...

Laughes, gossip, stories and opinions follow...

and, you've got it, when it's over, you are left with their empties. Grrrrrrrrrrr

JJ :cool:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Our
Never mind the entertainment tent... what about the folk who wander up to your van at a meet/rally/park up for a chat, sipping from bottles/cans of beer...

and, you've got it, when it's over, you are left with their empties. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Lol JJ love it xxx

Reactions: JJ

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.

Ashamed to say, I have been on both sides of this one:think:

Reactions: JJ

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If I'd have seen a fellow funsters rubbish left behind, I'd have just cleared it up for sake of argument and funster's reputation.
Are you sure they were funsters? We only turned up on the second night and only knew 3 or 4 people outside our group of friends.
I've never seen any of them leave rubbish behind.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I must admit I am beginning to change my thinking on rubbish bins in public places. If the bins were taken away would that result in more rubbish being left or would more people, like me, take it home with them?

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007

I wandered up to JJ for a chat, still waiting for a sip from one of his bottles/cans..........:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
"Take your crap home with you, bin it and don't let's spoil another good thing"
What your failing to see here, by your rather single minded attitude, is that lesser beings (then us), rely on others leaving their rubbish, because they are paid to clean it up! What rights do any of us have to put some single mum, or hard working benefits claimant, on a shoestring, out of work! :Eeek: We could ALL say "Lets build our own barbie out of an old oil can", and at a stroke throw 200 people grafting on minimal pay at Cadac out of work! And if we stopped dropping dog ends and Maccy 'D' wrappings in the street, not only would the councils be forced to make poor road sweeping people redundant, but would also have to lay off those council officials who are paid to walk around in a very sneaky manner, issuing fixed penalty notices! :cry::cry:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
QUICK!! Report them to the local Commissar! :eek: Put their names up, in public, for all THE RIGHTEOUS people to see! You know, those who have NEVER dropped a pie crust, or peed behind a bush, or left their grey water tap ever so slightly open, or been given too much change in a shop and said nothing, or found a fiver in the street and pocketed it.....DISGUSTING! They should be SHOT!! :confused::confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back