SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hot n sunny at Tafraoute today wall to wall blue skies hardly a breeze still 16c outside .

Locals said it's going to get hotter. ..

Not many mh's here ..

a lot of work going on in the town ready for the festival.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Just for info, the market at Guelmim, a great lively animal market on a Friday, also with the camels, but no food market. ( not for the faint hearted or animal lovers).
On a Saturday, a huge fruit and veg market, and an animal market, but not as lively as a Friday, Also with the camels.
It's easy to find, on n1, south of guelmim, follow signposts for Tantan.
Plenty of parking .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hot n sunny at Tafraoute today wall to wall blue skies hardly a breeze still 16c outside ..

We've managed this in UK this year.

Spain and Morocco letting down the FUNsters. This is not acceptable, god.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
I notice a number of you have dogs. Can they go back into the UK after Morocco on the pet passport?

Yes as long as you have the serological test done before you enter and have it attached to the passport. This is Max's 3rd visit not had any problems
It has been covered extensively in the 2015 and 2016 early threads

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've got all the paperwork done so no problems expected. However to date nobody has bothered about where we've been. Not that we've advertised the fact!

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Still very warm but a little cloudy today here at Siddi Wassay, decided to stay a few days longer before starting to head north later this week. We had considered going up to Tafraout for the festival but we're running out of time to do everything we'd planned. Gas is getting a bit low too, although that's not an insurmountable problem.

But today we noticed the site emptied and it is now less than a quarter full with others obviously making preparations to leave - motos being loaded onto trailers, things being packed away etc. Are we seeing the start of the French exodus back home 'cos it's the end of February?

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
It's with regret that I'm travelling north tomorrow, swmbo and granddaughter flew back to the U.K. Today.
I will leave le relais in Marrakesh in the morning, travel north and sail to Spain on Wednesday.
My parents are on a saga holiday for 4 weeks in Belamadina, so I will join them and swmbo flies into Malaga on Sunday.
Will we be back next year ?

Insallah!!

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Bugger timed that wrong, parked up by Carlos, ticket bought etc all supermarkets closed as its a holiday, now getting 12am ferry tomorrow so we can stock up on liquids first thing :)
Inshallah

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
It's with regret that I'm travelling north tomorrow, swmbo and granddaughter flew back to the U.K. Today.
I will leave le relais in Marrakesh in the morning, travel north and sail to Spain on Wednesday.
My parents are on a saga holiday for 4 weeks in Belamadina, so I will join them and swmbo flies into Malaga on Sunday.
Will we be back next year ?

Insallah!!

Safe travels, hope you enjoyed Morocco - yes you must have, you're coming back!

Inshallah (إن شاء الله‎‎).:D

Show-off!

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
only since 2015 october:) we are fresh chickens!
Plage blanche and Tan-tan advice needed:)

We are first timers in Morocco, passed the border with a lovely group of Funster people (it was TerryL's group). We are down in Sidi Ifni, and we heard from a german couple plage blanche can not be accessed anymore. Is it true? My german is a bit broken, so they might told us something else.
We wanted to do wildcamping on plage blanche and in tan-tan, but now we dont know if its worth heading further down?
If you know good wild places (or a good camping is welcomed too) around places blanche and tan-tan we would really appreciate it:)

I saw a tiny road going in the map from Sidi Ifni almost all the way to Tan-tan, is it okay? Or its better to take the N12 from Sidi Ifni to Guelmin?

thank you very much :)

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Think I read that the road to Plage-Blanche had been washed away - a German A-Class got stuck trying to cross and the campers spent the day dragging him out. But knowing the Moroccans I suspect that by now someone will have found a digger/bulldozer to "re-instate" the road.

Can't help you out with the route but there'll be someone along shortly who can.

Glad you're enjoying yourselves!

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Bugger timed that wrong, parked up by Carlos, ticket bought etc all supermarkets closed as its a holiday, now getting 12am ferry tomorrow so we can stock up on liquids first thing :)
Inshallah

Safe travels Dave, if you can load up some extra 5L cheap wine or spirits there's a good market for it here at Tafroute, triple the Lidl price, although we found Mercadona better.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
I believe that was at Abaynou Terry that the van got stuck ?
The road to Plage Blanche is good Tarmac all the way from Guelemim.

Anna Gabor
The coast road from Sidi to Plage Blanche and onto Tan Tan is 90% piste and I mean piste not suitable for a MH, we looked at that also
We ended up going the same road as last year, driving to Guelemim on the N12 turning right just as you enter Guelemim along the P1300 this is a very good road. We were there for 6 days, it's a nice wild camp but there are no shops anywhere near so stock up/empty cassette and full water needed co-ords 28.961985 -10.605294
As far as Tan Tan goes I don't know anywhere you can wild there except to say if you order a meal outside a restaurant and ask to park up? There are no campsites in Tan Tan,
There are a few campsites at El Ouatia about 15km from Tan Tan on the coast,
The nearest I've wild camped to Tan Tan was at Ma Fatma along the N1 going south. If you drive south to the Spanish Saharah/Layounne you can wild camp all along the coast on the cliff tops, you may get a cheeky local masquerading as a guardian? Could cost you a whole Euro lol
Good luck, if you need info there is always someone on here that can assist

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
What we usually refer to as Tan Tan is actually El Ouatia (Tan Tan Plage) where there are three decent campsites next door to one another right on the beach and a short walk from the town centre.
I have seen the odd MH wild cmaping but if i remember rightly the price was only about 50dh including EHU.
I dont know about the road to Plage Blanche but the main N1 is pretty good, ranging from a bit bumpy to absolutely excellent. Further South from EL Ouatia there are numerous wild spots on the cliff tops and by lagoons. Some of them are absolutely idyllic.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Just to add to the above, I notice you came in the same time as Terry, if you are planning going onto tan tan there is not a lot there tbh and you will have to drive the same route back to Guelemim on the N1.
If you do Plage Blanche you possibly be better off doing Bouizarkarne then Tafroute taking the P1919 then dependent on your time make a plan from there, so much to see in Morocco I don't think you can do it in one hit

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Just a little comment, now on the guardian parking at assilah, 50dh, plus bring pestered for beer by the guardian, he's a decent guy, BUT the campsite just along the seafront seems good with facilities, also for 50dh, and not pestered.

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
Thank you for the info horsehamjack and makems:) We came 1 month ago, so we still have 2 months to get back, right? Is it 3 months the maximum stay or am I wrong and is it just 2? If so thats not good news :D
What we dream about is to wildcamp with the desert on one side and the ocean on the other. Is there a place like this?

I am pretty bad with narrow roads on mountains ( I get nervous and it makes my man who drives nervous too:D ) so how is the road from Bouizakarne to Tafraoute? I dont see a decent road on my papermap. I heard from friends that the road from Tafraoute to Agadir is better to avoid, therefore I am asking, maybe its similar?

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Thank you for the info horsehamjack and makems:) We came 1 month ago, so we still have 2 months to get back, right? Is it 3 months the maximum stay or am I wrong and is it just 2? If so thats not good news :D
What we dream about is to wildcamp with the desert on one side and the ocean on the other. Is there a place like this?

I am pretty bad with narrow roads on mountains ( I get nervous and it makes my man who drives nervous too:D ) so how is the road from Bouizakarne to Tafraoute? I dont see a decent road on my papermap. I heard from friends that the road from Tafraoute to Agadir is better to avoid, therefore I am asking, maybe its similar?

If you want to wild camp with desert one side and ocean on the other then you need to get down South between El Ouatia and Tarfaya. Some of the spots on the cliffs and lagoons are wonderful.
And if you get as far as Tarfaya you may as well carry on to Boujdour and Dakhla. Its a long haul, but the ocean is on your rights dn the dest on your left almost all the way. You can stop almost anywhere you want, its just a matter of finding a place where you can get safely off the road and back on without getting stuck in the sand.
We spent a couple of weeks in Dakhla last year and enjoyed it. There is a place that is guardian parking about 5k before the outskirts which also has some facilities. On the edge of town there is a decent campsite with all facilities at reasonable price. There is also wild camping on the Atlantic coast behind the town.
It can get very hot as it is on the Tropic of Capricorn. It can get windy too - we watched the French national kitesurfing team practicing just yards off the beach where we were wild camping.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
The visa is for 90days, the road from Bouizarkarne is mostly narrow so you just pull over to the hard shoulder when approaching oncoming traffic as they do and split the road, there are no mountains as such as you are already on a platue so no scarey drops once on the R104 it's dual carriageway then the last section single track again but it's a nice drive in fairness and scenic taking in a few villages on route

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
Thank you for the info everybody!
TerryL you already past the desert and on the way back? wow you are fast! But its not your first time so you probably know what you want to see. There is too many places we want to visit and we feel we cant do it all. We have to come back again so we dont rush for one place to the other. We think we might stick mostly to the coastline this year and do the other parts another time.. though we feel guilty to do that. we are close to many beautiful places. I guess you know the feeling. Hard to decide what to see and what to give a miss.
Its like a little minidrama going on here now. Wevcant decide which direction to go!

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years

Yes you are allowed to stay 3 months unless you extend. However, last year our entry documents were dated for only two months and we had to go to the office at Agadir port and have them rectified. Please check your documents and make sure you have been given 3 months.

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Just a little comment, now on the guardian parking at assilah, 50dh, plus bring pestered for beer by the guardian, he's a decent guy, BUT the campsite just along the seafront seems good with facilities, also for 50dh, and not pestered.
It was 40dh Monday, I think they try it on

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Think I read that the road to Plage-Blanche had been washed away - a German A-Class got stuck trying to cross and the campers spent the day dragging him out. But knowing the Moroccans I suspect that by now someone will have found a digger/bulldozer to "re-instate" the road.

Can't help you out with the route but there'll be someone along shortly who can.

Glad you're enjoying yourselves!

Keep up owd fella - even I knew it was Abaynou and the van was French and Im in Lincolnshire. ;)

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Mike it might be worth giving anna - gabor the mileage involved ...

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
Sparkly, where do we find the dates and on which document? On this white import paper I see only one date: valable jusgue 22/07/17 which is half year from when we enterned..
And on the passport stamp there is just entry date stamped..

Attachments

• IMG_6359.JPG
    IMG_6359.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 12

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread