Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Got up at 7am this morning and washed the Motorhome ,after the trip back from the NEC on Thursday in storm Doris it was covered in dirt.Then went down to TravelWorld for a couple hours for a browse .I wanted to see the new N+B Smove and the the new shorter Flair,but the Flair is not due into the UK until August but they did have a Smove there.I must say that their display of motorhomes is very impressive.I got there early but when I left at about 1pm they had about 35 people browsing and said they had a busy week,I guess that's why they don't do the February NEC.
Brian & Jo

Attachments

• IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1011.JPG
    IMG_1011.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1015.JPG
    IMG_1015.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 74
Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Didn't think much of the Smove.
Looks pretty from outside but I don't see £110000 worth. After all, it's a coach build.

I agree, Travelworld's display was excellent and it was a struggle to keep my wallet in my pocket.

Mike

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nice one Brian(y) what did you think of the Smove?

What is the Flair you are waiting to see Brian, is it 820.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Nice one Brian(y) what did you think of the Smove?

What is the Flair you are waiting to see Brian, is it 820.

Martin
I can't recall the model no.Mart but it's about a foot shorter than the Arto.just curious really to see what layout they are putting into that length.The Smove is a bit small for us and the kitchen area is no good for Jo.But good to keep up with what is about.
Brian & Jo

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Went into Travelworld last week - salesman was very keen to sell us an N&B Arto from stock.
Told us that if we wanted a factory order, their price was going to be 12.5% more than 2017 prices.
However if you order from Europe, they still appear to be selling factory order vans at 2017 prices.
Worth shopping around if you want to save money.

Thought their showroom was great though

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
When we were at the factory year and a half ago they had a floorpan of a 820 so I took a photo but then Cicile the guide said "dont worry about that it didn't work like that" the shortest I can see on the web site is 830 at the moment but the lounge is too small for us so the 840 is better but the kitchen space is still less than we have now. The 880 BE is basically our van but the new ones are 300mm longer.

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
When we were at the factory year and a half ago they had a floorpan of a 820 so I took a photo but then Cicile the guide said "dont worry about that it didn't work like that" the shortest I can see on the web site is 830 at the moment but the lounge is too small for us so the 840 is better but the kitchen space is still less than we have now.

Martin
I like the way they do the bathroom on those - but the length is just a bit too big for us.

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Went into Travelworld last week - salesman was very keen to sell us an N&B Arto from stock.
Told us that if we wanted a factory order, their price was going to be 12.5% more than 2017 prices.
However if you order from Europe, they still appear to be selling factory order vans at 2017 prices.
Worth shopping around if you want to save money.

Thought their showroom was great though
Hi Robert ,yes you are absolutely right about the 12.5% but for me firstly I couldn't be bothered with going over to sort it all out probably more than once,then there is the job of getting any snagging problems sorted ,but also being a small family run business ourselves we like to keep our business as local as possible.we are only 30 MLS from Travelworld and that works well for us .But every one views are not the same ,so it's whatever works for you(y)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Hi Robert ,yes you are absolutely right about the 12.5% but for me firstly I couldn't be bothered with going over to sort it all out probably more than once,then there is the job of getting any snagging problems sorted ,but also being a small family run business ourselves we like to keep our business as local as possible.we are only 30 MLS from Travelworld and that works well for us .But every one views are not the same ,so it's whatever works for you(y)
I would be on the opposite side of the fence on this one. £130,000 less 12.5% = somewhere around £15k or 7 months wages. (someone who can be bothered with a calculator will be along soon) ok I did it £16,250
Like you say, each to their own.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

Like you I'm all for supporting local and British businesses, but when they quote £30k more for the identical van that you van buy in Europe, then I had to think twice. £30k takes a lot of earning !

The salesman did say that he'd call me back with a better price/offer after he'd spoken to the manager, but sadly we've never heard anything from him since.

Would have liked to buy from a British dealer but the value just wasn't there on this occasion.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think the 12.5% extra is based on their forward Euro buying through N+B. This can work in the buyers favour as it did in 2016 when they were working on 1.25 when the actual best rates were 10 points lower, now of course the forward buy will be based on the current lower rates hence the increase. For me in 2014 their rate was 1.20 when I could easily get 1.27 to eventually 1.35. My VAT calculated by HMRC was at 1.43.
But someone may come on and say different.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back