Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Just got a great deal with Saga, £258 for my 2009 Hymer Tramp 662 cl. They allowed me to transfer my 10+ years NCB from my Mitsubishi L200. Did not think I would get my first motorhome insured for such a low amount, really made my day.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I've been with Saga for quite a few years but you do have to challenge them when it's up for renewal - they have a percentage of discretionary discount they can apply. They knocked £40 off mine last week and over £100 off my Mom's renewal quote!

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
Yes, we got about £40 off when we renewed last week. We have found Saga to be excellent particularly when we had our van stolen last year - we were back on the road five weeks later with what I consider to be a very fair payout. I think it would have been four weeks but there was a bit of an issue with printing our payour check!! Not really too much of an issue.

We also found the staff very helpful and supportive.

Looks like you have a good deal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
When I asked Saga for a quote for this years motorhome insurance I was told because our van had been "modified" by fitting the Dunlop air assist kit they couldn't insure it as it was not standard any more, even after the dopey person I was speaking to checked with a colleague the answer was the same. Their loss stayed with Comfort Insurance who at least know something about motorhomes.

I'll never deal with them again.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
For me they've always been competitive on any insurance for new business but not so on renewal. I've never stayed with them beyond the first year.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Saga were good to me when I had a van stolen. They valued it (from ads on the web) at £3k more than I paid for it! But not with them now as they haven't forgotten about it and want much more for cover than Safeguard do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back