Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
On mine, the headlamps are a Hymer fitting, not Mercedes. It is possible to adjust the dip but the units are very inaccessible so I simply put beam-benders on.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
On the Rapido ,on thre right hand side of the dash there is adjustment press button for left or right .Must admit never use them as when in Europe never in a hurry so don't drive in the dark .We tend to put our feet up late afternoon lol.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Have another query... Those of you with Mercedes as base vehicles, what do you do re headlights when abroad? Is there a switch to convert them to continental specs, or do you not bother?

There is a method to unscrew and turn head lights but I have the same front as you and Ive driven around Spain/France for two months now and in the dark a fair bit and absolutely no one has flashed me so far without adjusting them.... (y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well my Hymer have a little lever on each which changes them for continental use. I changed them before we went to Italy last spring and have not changed them back since. I don't seem to have got flashed, but then we rarely drive far in the dark.

Best advice I ever had about motorhoming was given by an experienced guy in a supermarket car park in Calais on our first ever trip abroad soon after we bought it. He said to always make sure you find and settle in to where you want to stay by 4pm.

OP
OP
Cat53
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Am with you all the way re parking up before it gets dark. And we took the advice on here and aimed to be parked up and settled by 4 pm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
going back to your OP we have exactly the same on our Mercedes chassis Hymer and had the same on our last Mercedes Pilote, my solution is to keep a cut down water bottle under the bonnet, approx. 100mm high, fill that outside then tip in to bottle under bonnet, we can wedge the bottle securely under the bonnet

I nearly didn't sell my Pilote because the buyer presumed I had a problem losing water, why else would I keep a container so handy, hopefully now he believes me as he did buy it

daft design idea, especially if like us you have headlight washers consuming vast amounts of washer fluid

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Any one have a Permanent solution to the stupid Fiat Windscreen well drain which keeps coming off and allowing the water to run all over the transmission and gear Box!.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I'm glad I'm not alone with this problem ,when we finally ran out of washer fluid I thought I'd do the normal thing and fill it up , I was standing there with a 5 literally tub of fluid ,staring at the filler cap and thinking that the designers must be having a laugh , anyhow problem now solved

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
You could always take the easy way out - buy windscreen washer tablets instead of fluid, drop one (or more, depends on the capacity of your washer bottle!) in, and just use the hose to fill the washer bottle up! An assortment of brands are available on Amazon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back