What post repair checks should I expect? (1 Viewer)

grymbo

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi. Not quite sure this is the correct forum for such a question (I'm sure I'll be refered in the right direction if it isn't).
Anyhow. Breached my rear wall and bumber October last year, van has been with repair company since, not a problem since I wouldn't have been using over winter. Discussions last week with company stating job complete imminent. I would have thought a habitation check would have been part of the overall job but apparently not according to repair company. Would apreaciate thoughts on this issue.
Many thanks.
Grimbo.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Not sure why they'd do a habitation check as part of a repair, why not a service too while they're at it? :)

OP
OP
G

grymbo

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
I thought maybe if for example the damage included or was in the vacinity of the gas cylinder container cupboard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You'd expect pretty close to a habitation check, in fact more thorough, of anything that could have been damaged. No more no less. It depends on how bad the damage was.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
An examination of bodywork and furniture, inside and out in the vicinity of the repair is all that is required. If gas equipment or pipework has been damaged/disturbed/repaired then a soundness check should be carried out. Other than that if you want a Hab inspection you need to ask and pay for it.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Having had severe damage to a caravan, not a motorhome, I would expect all items within or affected by the area of damage to be thoroughly checked, post repair.

However, I would not consider a full habitation check to be undertaken at the repairers expense. You could ask them to carry one out at a reduced rate if they already have to check large areas of the hab.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back