May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Need a bike carrier to go on a tow bar and carry two electric bikes

Like the look of the Bosal range, who have two offerings of interest. Traveller II Compact at around £325 and the Tourer II at around £240. The Traveller II seems to be easily available, but I can only find the Tourer II on Bosal's UK website or Amazon in Germany

The only difference that I can see between them is that the more expensive Traveller II has a pedal to tilt, while the cheaper Tourer II uses a handle - we don't need to tilt anyway

Anyone using or have any knowledge of either of these two models?

TIA

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have you checked what weight your towball can take first as 2 electric bikes and the carrier can weigh a bit, also your rear axle loading needs to be considered too.

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Have you checked what weight your towball can take first as 2 electric bikes and the carrier can weigh a bit, also your rear axle loading needs to be considered too.

I have 700kgs of spare payload and a similar amount could be added to the rear axle

The tow bar I intend to use, a Witter, is type approved for my van? Total weight for bikes and carrier will be about 60kgs. Where can I find the "nose weight" for the tow bar/van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
I have 700kgs of spare payload and a similar amount could be added to the rear axle

The tow bar I intend to use, a Witter, is type approved for my van? Total weight for bikes and carrier will be about 60kgs. Where can I find the "nose weight" for the tow bar/van?

The "nose weight" for the tow bar will be in excess of 100 Kg. as for the acceptable tow ball load on the van this will depend on the rear suspension set up but as most saloon cars have a 60 to 90 limit and my merc 270 cdi 4x4 had a 150 Kg limit then your van which is based on a commercial vehicle chassis will probably be in excess of that.

The actual figure for the towbar assembly complete will be stated by Witter and the van figure will be hidden somewhere in the vehicle spec details but at 60 Kg - worry not"" :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back