Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Hi peeps...

I will have to take Moho back to dealership (Portsmouth) sometime in April for its annual damp check and some warranty work... so i'm expecting they will want van for more than one day...

No doubt the dealer will be expecting me to rock up and just leave the vehicle in a state suitable for them to work on etc...

As any immediate family live in Nth East Lincs.. I will be on my own down south - so to speak.

As I currently reside F/T and carry my life around with me...

I was wondering what other F/T folk do if having to have work done etc.. regarding:

Alt Accommodation..
Personsal stuff...
Other Junk in Moho cupboards, lockers and garage...
Fridge contents etc...

Any tips.. or advice

Ta
John T

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
when we full timed our dealer - Don Amott- allowed us to reclaim the van each night, and stay in their overnight yard. Have you asked?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Is there an authorised service agent for your moho brand near to your family? - if so, they could undertake the work, it doesn't have to be your dealer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
when we full timed our dealer - Don Amott- allowed us to reclaim the van each night, and stay in their overnight yard. Have you asked?

Not asked as yet... and I obviously will.. as I did a similar overnighter at Autoglass when i had a new screen fitted in Leeds...

But just thought I'd ask you lot aswell :)

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Is there an authorised service agent for your moho brand near to your family? - if so, they could undertake the work, it doesn't have to be your dealer.

If it was just for the "check-up" from the "neck-up"... I'd consider that perhaps... that said... my plan was to then hop over the channel after... so being Sth isn't the issue... :)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi peeps...

I will have to take Moho back to dealership (Portsmouth) sometime in April for its annual damp check and some warranty work... so i'm expecting they will want van for more than one day...

No doubt the dealer will be expecting me to rock up and just leave the vehicle in a state suitable for them to work on etc...

As any immediate family live in Nth East Lincs.. I will be on my own down south - so to speak.

As I currently reside F/T and carry my life around with me...

I was wondering what other F/T folk do if having to have work done etc.. regarding:

Alt Accommodation..
Personsal stuff...
Other Junk in Moho cupboards, lockers and garage...
Fridge contents etc...

Any tips.. or advice

Ta
John T

I have never paid for alternative accommodation while work is done on the van.

I take personal stuff such as cash and iPad with me, rest stays in the van.

It would depend on what warranty work needed doing as to whether a locker or garage needed emptying for access. Other than that I wouldn't empty them.

I ask for the van to be kept on hook-up so that the fridge keeps running on electric. This has never been a problem.

I have also parked overnight on garage forecourts.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Depending on the warranty work so long as its not extensive there's no reason it couldn't be done in one day.

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Depending on the warranty work so long as its not extensive there's no reason it couldn't be done in one day.

A couple of locker doors and decals, passenger seat cover and dinnette seat cover... and a few other odd bits i think! :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Unlikely to do most of it on first visit as they will have to order the parts.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As you are going across the channel will be a lot cheaper to get the damp check done in Germany. Also would get a quicker turn around on parts if needed.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our dealer gave us a car, and we went back in the evening and sleep in the van, (y)
The only thing we found when went full time was ;) they no longer give you credit and pop the bill in the post. :whistle: You have to pay before you get your keys back. :LOL:
So much for being a loyal customer. :LOL: Bob.

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Unlikely to do most of it on first visit as they will have to order the parts.

They should be in-stock.. as the lockers where ID'd on my first annual viz.. and when I chased them later in the year - said they would fit at nxt annual... if I was ok with that...

I've since emailed pics of seats etc and have had confirmation email reply that they'd order ready for viz...

I will chase them in the next few weeks to confirm that stuff is (or will) be there on my arrival :)

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Our dealer gave us a car, and we went back in the evening and sleep in the van, (y)
The only thing we found when went full time was ;) they no longer give you credit and pop the bill in the post. :whistle: You have to pay before you get your keys back. :LOL:
So much for being a loyal customer. :LOL: Bob.

Never got credit on first viz anyway... it was pay up now please.. and my expectations haven't changed ...(y)

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
as you have a Knaus (avatar) i guess its Southdowns youre visiting...
so, park up the night before just outside the sales showroom (leccy available) and then trundle the half mile round to the workshop at 8:00 and let them get on with it...
a nice stroll down to the sea front, brunch at one of the beach front cafes and theyll be ringing you to come back and collect....
hopefully all goes smoothly for you...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back