Croatia in April and May (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have heard from @cliffandger and @Robert Clark that Croatia is really nice, so we fancy going there this April and May, but have some questions.

Has anybody been there that time of year? Are there plenty of places to stay actually open by then? I understand that you cannot wild camp. Also what will the weather be like that time of year? We don't want it too cold.

Many thanks for any assistance

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We would say that would be a month too early. We went at the end of April and got to Croatia at the start of May and the weather was quite changeable. It improved through June, and to be fair the locals did say the weather was very unusually bad and 'very English' last year, so you might be OK going as early as April.

Our favourite bit of it was Istria - absolutely beautiful, and a huge Italian influence (without the cost!), not to mention papal skeletons and embalmed frogs!

We stayed in ACSI campsites which were all open - and with very good to excellent facilities. All had loo seats, all had paper, all had hot water and one even had an automatic toilet cassette emptier and cleaner! You will love it Peter, but warn Angela that some of the beaches are a little difficult to get down onto from the pitches so be careful of falling over..... ;)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Peter - @JockandRita went a little earlier than us and did almost the same trip, so he can give you a better idea about the weather in April I think. He will be along very soon to answer your questions I'm sure!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back