Compressor Fridge not working (1 Viewer)

Nads

Free Member
Feb 10, 2017
England
Funster No
MH
LWB
Exp
4 years
Hi I wonder if anyone else has any problems and can offer some advice. Firstly I apologise if my descriptions aren't great, one I'm a girl and two as the van hasn't been used over the winter I can't remember exactly the sequence of what happened.

I have a Waeco CR80 Fridge, It's been playing up for ages and now is not cooling at all.

when it started it would randomly stop cooling and defrost. I'd hear it kick in then hear a fan type noise, but the the normal noise which i presume would be the compressor. I'd turn the fridge to colder setting and the what i think is the compressor would kick in, then almost straight to the fan noise.

Then after a while it would work fine again and then the problem would start again.

Now the light is on but no-one is at home!!!

I've removed it and will test the electrics with a friend but any hint or tips or if anyone has had a simular problem I'd really love to hear from you.

Many thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
from the description I would suggest the thermostat has failed

Deleted User
Try checking the voltage at the fridge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
is it running from your leisure batteries or do you have the power pack and connected to ehu my first thought would be low power if on batteries if on hook up then check the power pack is delivering should have 240 in 12 out to fridge

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Even if the van is not used over the winter it is a good idea to run the compressor fridge occasionally. On EHU if the leisure battery voltage is low.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back