Strikeback Growler (1 Viewer)

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
At some point in the near future I'm going to pay a visit to @eddievanbitz to have a strikeback growler plus gsm immobiliser fitted but just have one question for the peeps who have had the strikeback growler fitted who already had an alarm fitted.

Do they use existing door/locker magnetic switches or fit new ones and also do they run fresh wire? I ask because I have a cobra alarm which I think was just a standard car alarm and would much prefer brand new everything.

Maybe a question for @eddievanbitz to answer (y) and how much notice does one need to give for a slot in the busy schedule??

Cheers Dave.

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
I rang early Jan and got booked in for Jan 31st, but maybe this is a more quiet time of year, I was surprised to get it that quick. I have by now rang twice with further questions and have found them very helpful and they don't give the impression to mind one bit answering my umpteen possibly fairly stupid questions.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I'm sure they won't trust anyone else's switches and wiring.
It will all be their own kit and will be very well fitted and the wiring hidden away.
Had Growlers fitted to two vans and both have been excellent.

Richard.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
At some point in the near future I'm going to pay a visit to @eddievanbitz to have a strikeback growler plus gsm immobiliser fitted but just have one question for the peeps who have had the strikeback growler fitted who already had an alarm fitted.

Do they use existing door/locker magnetic switches or fit new ones and also do they run fresh wire? I ask because I have a cobra alarm which I think was just a standard car alarm and would much prefer brand new everything.

Maybe a question for @eddievanbitz to answer (y) and how much notice does one need to give for a slot in the busy schedule??

Cheers Dave.
It would all be replaced, our system is probably different to what you have installed anyway.

We are currently booking into Mid February. We have a few date available mid march due to the new registrations

Any questions give us a call or pm me, eddie vanbitz or @jamesvanbitz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dpsuk999
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks @eddievanbitz ill give you a call in the not too distant future, probably tie it in to a few days or a week down your neck of the woods (y)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Haha well that and the fact that @eddievanbitz and his team treat our motorhomes as if it was their own are the main reasons for travelling the distance to have it fitted (y)
Does this mean I've got to start polishing all our customers vans every week as well?:eek:

My wife accuses me of loving our camper more than her as it is!

Only fair as I suspect I come after the dogs in her affections :D

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Does this mean I've got to start polishing all our customers vans every week as well?:eek:

My wife accuses me of loving our camper more than her as it is!

Only fair as I suspect I come after the dogs in her affections :D

Oh yes please, inside and out, including roof. I'm booked in for the 31st. And you'll need someone available for the entire day to explain to this dimwit here how the mobile phone bit works. Nothing like a bit of advance warning...

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Oh yes please, inside and out, including roof. I'm booked in for the 31st. And you'll need someone available for the entire day to explain to this dimwit here how the mobile phone bit works. Nothing like a bit of advance warning...
Ash will very patiently take you through it, don't panic! Even though I work with computers, I don't really use my iPhone for much other than being a phone, so I too am a bit of a dimwit when it comes to apps etc. :D

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I was parked up next to a van in Cadillac last week when the owner inadvertently set his alarm off. It was bloody deafening! When asked what alarm was fitted the owner replied 'one of those vanbitz things'.
Enough said(y)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
From the Devils Wail Siren is an ear splitting 127db

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
As a spokesman for Rolls Royce said many years ago when asked the top speed of their top of the range model:- "Sufficient!"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back