Route to Sweden (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Not planning to going until 1917 but planning now. Go from Harwich the Hook. Going north from there, what route used
Any advice gratefully recieved.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
They're obviously going just after quarter past seven in the evening.

But none of this jocularity is helping the OP...

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
We contemplated a similar trip last year but didn't end up going because of the cost of living in Denmark/Sweden.
However, we were put in touch with a Funster who has extensive knowledge of this - but unfortunately I can't remember his name but does showe there is someone out there who may help! Maybe do a search for 'Denmark', 'Sweden' on the forums.
Enjoy your trip.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We did this and drove to Travemude (spelling) in Germany where we caught the ferry to Sweden, can't remeber the name of the place we landed but it was just a few miles from Malmo.

I would recommend going and don't worry about the cost as it won't break the bank on a 2 week holiday

@Snowbird has vast experience and I'm sure will be along soon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we are going this summer, not yet finalised the route, but will be starting that soon

we are using the chunnel to cross from UK due to convenience and having a dog

then north to Denmark, over on the bridge to Sweden, then up across the arctic circle to at least Tromso in Norway if not Nord Kapp, then back down the Norway coast

our biggest dilemma is the return from Norway, do we retrace our steps or ferry to Denmark

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
we are going this summer, not yet finalised the route, but will be starting that soon

we are using the chunnel to cross from UK due to convenience and having a dog

then north to Denmark, over on the bridge to Sweden, then up across the arctic circle to at least Tromso in Norway if not Nord Kapp, then back down the Norway coast

our biggest dilemma is the return from Norway, do we retrace our steps or ferry to Denmark

David have a look at the price of the Ferry from Germany to Sweden and if you want to visit Copenhagen you can park up in Malmo and get the train across the bridge, far cheaper than taken the van across the bridge.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
David have a look at the price of the Ferry from Germany to Sweden and if you want to visit Copenhagen you can park up in Malmo and get the train across the bridge, far cheaper than taken the van across the bridge.

thanks, (y)

the bridge is part of the trip for us, at least one way

we also have the dog to factor in, those ferry crossings are longer than they look

we will be looking at ferry back down from Norway, but crossing time will be as important as cost

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
On our way back down we got the ferry from Larvik to Hirtshals, we just booked the ferry online the night before which might not be the cheapest way but gives you flexibility. I would say these ferry's are far superior to the ones we use to cross to mainland Europe, our one to Sweden had a swimming Pool and sauna included in the price.
I would also recommend buying the Nordic camper book you will save the cost of the book in a couple of night and will find some fantastic locations.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
On our way back down we got the ferry from Larvik to Hirtshals, we just booked the ferry online the night before which might not be the cheapest way but gives you flexibility. I would say these ferry's are far superior to the ones we use to cross to mainland Europe, our one to Sweden had a swimming Pool and sauna included in the price.
I would also recommend buying the Nordic camper book you will save the cost of the book in a couple of night and will find some fantastic locations.

Must be good if they are better than Brittany Ferries Pont Avon,,BUSBY

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Must be good if they are better than Brittany Ferries Pont Avon,,BUSBY
I haven't used this one so cant comment, all I can say is they're the best Ferries we have been on

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I haven't used this one so cant comment, all I can say is they're the best Ferries we have been on

Its 1980 since i sailed to Gothenburg,,,DFDS and that was a lovely ferry,,BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back