McLouis MC2 72 flattened bed support slats (1 Viewer)

Badboo

Free Member
Nov 23, 2016
Northern Portugal
Funster No
MH
McLouis Mc2 72 motor home
Exp
This our first!!
Hello,

We've only had our MH for seven months and the support slats under the bed have completely flattened (see attached image). The bed lifts in the centre to allow access to storage and so a thick metal bar runs across the bed. With the support slats flattened the bar is extremely uncomfortable to sleep on. We haven't used the MH that much over the seven months and neither of us are very heavy.
We're about to head off for 2-3 weeks and the thought of sleeping on the bar for this length of time isn't very appealing.

Has anyone else experienced thisissue or can suggest a solution?

Attachments

• PHOTO OF BED.JPG
    PHOTO OF BED.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 94

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a sheet of thin plywood over the slats and metal bar will make it more comfy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I was assuming it was a new one ? But obviously not otherwise you'd have taken it back.
I don't know wjether you know but you can purchase new slats. I didn't realise until I came across different lengths, widths ,etc; a couple of weeks ago In Leroy-Merlins in Murcia. Might be able to get some near where you are ?

OP
OP
Badboo

Badboo

Free Member
Nov 23, 2016
Northern Portugal
Funster No
MH
Exp
This our first!!
I was assuming it was a new one ? But obviously not otherwise you'd have taken it back.
It is new!!....well seven months old. Ive contacted McLouis who directed me to take it to the nearest sales outlet. However they wouldn't eleborate on what the options are. I'm assuming that if they replace the slats tht they would be the same standard and result in the same problem.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Sleep on it a few more times until the slats start to sag, then turn them upside down. Jobs a good 'un!

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Is that where the aluminium bar has always lived? It just looks wrong.:Eeek:
Our Burstner bed is made up of similar slats and fittings and were never very curved.

OP
OP
Badboo

Badboo

Free Member
Nov 23, 2016
Northern Portugal
Funster No
MH
Exp
This our first!!
Is that where the aluminium bar has always lived? It just looks wrong.:Eeek:
Our Burstner bed is made up of similar slats and fittings and were never very curved.
Yes it runs across the bed mid way down the length of the bed. I actually asked the salesperson if there had been issues with the bar and was assured that there had been none. I guess that you should always listen to your gut feeling.....

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Any chance of a few more pictures as I can't even work out why the bar would curve like that there ?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Yes it runs across the bed mid way down the length of the bed. I actually asked the salesperson if there had been issues with the bar and was assured that there had been none. I guess that you should always listen to your gut feeling.....

Better photos?

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
That looks strange our slats sit on top of the frame,but not a McLouis

image.jpeg

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
sure. will post some tomorrow.

That is dire.
Can you turn the aluminium strip down the centre over? It looks thinner on the bottom.
If not then the frame or mattress is not fit for purpose. I don't think the slats have sagged and if they have in such a short period then again not fit for
purpose.
Take the van back and demand a solution. I'm told these are the most popular motorhomes in Germany and they wouldn't put up with crap.

This is my Burstner bed frame down the centre and mattress.
The whole bed lifts to 45 degrees on rams

DSC01740 - Copy.JPG
DSC01741.JPG

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
as others have said ive not seen slats fitted lower than the bars before looks like an economy move which is obviously not working
there are all size of slats and the plastic holder available on ebay etc think if you get no satisfaction with dealer and have to diy i would try that
looks like the side rails will be a bit thin to drill so you could sikafix the holders to the rails

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back