fivestar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Terry L Thanks for advice dog is much travelled and we recently had the blood test done and its been entered into his passport and thanks for telling us about (conversation)

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Do we now have more than one Morocco 2017 thread?if so can one of you clever people put them together,PLEASE!!:xgrin:

Not that clever but have posted a link to this thread on the other. Hopefully anything related to travelling in/to Morocco in 2017 can be posted here in future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
How about if someone reports my post to Jim and he can combine the threads???:xgrin: Would this work??
Not that clever but have posted a link to this thread on the other. Hopefully anything related to travelling in/to Morocco in 2017 can be posted here in future.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just had a review of all those, from both threads, who have so far expressed an interest/intention to travel to Morocco. Thought I'd post the list here so anyone who wants to can organise a link-up, either on the thread or by PM. Also anyone else who is thinking of going but is yet to make up their minds.

No doubt there will be more who will just do their own thing. See you there!

198d Christmas 2016
Busman January
GrannieAnnie 1st week Jan
horshamjack 1st week Jan
Pikeman 10-24 Jan
Mr Ed <- mid-Jan
Hotelman mid-Jan
Bob and Phyllis mid-Jan
Kip mid-Jan
Abforfun 15 Jan
Cakey 15 Jan
fivestar 15–20 Jan
Old Bill 20 Jan
Theonlysue 20 Jan ->
mustaphapint 24 Jan
Portland 24 Jan
StanandShirley 24 Jan
TerryL 24 Jan
Robert Clark September

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
How about if someone reports my post to Jim and he can combine the threads???:xgrin: Would this work??

Think Sue has got it in hand - apparently the OP can "block" responses to a thread.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Do we now have more than one Morocco 2017 thread?if so can one of you clever people put them together,PLEASE!!:xgrin:
You can always start a 3rd one with a link to the other 2 :lipssealed: :xwink:
@TerryL looking like we'll be going about 2nd week Feb now, hopefully meet up with you all in Tafaoute again.
Inshallah

Jan 16, 2016
Armadale
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Oct 2015
Thanks Terry for putting the Morocco threads together as we are in Spain and having problems with wifi. (Nothing unusual in that) makes it a lot easier to follow. Hope to catch up with you and Brenda and the wee pooch

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Terry, have you mailed Carlos re funsters rate ? We may enter a little later as friends of ours are making their way down to Spain so possibly meet up with them.
Note to peeps make sure you get an open ended ticket from Carlos
Will keep an eye on this thread
Marc & Sam

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I believe Suggy and George Clayton are intending to go this year as well.

The more the merrier!

Will drop Carlos a line over the weekend. I really wanted to see first how many were going and approx when so I can give him a heads-up

Dec 7, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Camper Van
Exp
7yrs
Me and Clive OH are on tunnel on 28 Dec. so crossing around 4/5 Jan, maybe a bit longer depending on weather on way down. We're in a transit campervan with 3 dogs!

Aug 30, 2011
Gresham, North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544SL
Exp
12 years
We too are hoping to go to Morocco for the first time this coming January. It will probably be around early to mid January as the missus has a dentist appointment beginning of the month. We'd love to meet up and cross with anyone going at that time. Our Border Terrier is coming along too.

Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
hi just managed to get my wifi working and we are thinking of going to Morocco middle of january, could you please add our names to the list as well. thanks
Fred and Gwen

fivestar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Does anyone know which breakdown companies cover Morocco because mine doesnt

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Does anyone know which breakdown companies cover Morocco because mine doesnt

As far as I know, only the German company ADAC will cover you for Morocco - you can join by becoming a Premium member. There's a thread about it if you search on ADAC. Generally the advice you (we) get is "get it back to the European mainland and we'll reimburse you with the costs". But don't know of anybody who has done the latter although I recall a report of a success with ADAC. An important point here is that you will not be allowed to leave Morocco without your vehicle, even if it is a complete write-off, without paying the import duty which I understand is 100% of the vehicles (new) value. Explains the state of the vehicles. Read my article in the "Resources" section.

In practice, as long as it's not too serious, almost any town and village will have someone who can get you going again (you should see some of the wrecks on the road which proves the point) but you'll only find main dealers in the major cities.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I'm with comfort, and they said keep receipts for reimbursement.
But shouldn't think it would cost much anyway.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
NEW DISCOUNTED TICKET PRICE

Now had a reply from Carlos. He is offering Funsters open return tickets for camping car plus 2 adults for €180.00 (trailers extra). Please note this is for fully paid up members only and you'll need your membership number when asking for the discount. This is a cash only deal and in person at his office in Algeciras. Need your V5 and passports. Apart from the tickets he (or rather his daughters who are the real workers!) will provide all the documentation needed for Moroccan Customs & Immigration.

This is €20 less than last year so I'm well pleased, but even better he has also offered a further significant discount to the leader of a group of vans, number not actually mentioned but I think it will be minimum 5. So if any "experienced" Funster would like to "lead" a small group and is prepared to do just a little bit of organising send me a PM and I'll give you the info.

Here is the up-to-date list of Funsters who've expressed an interest so far. It seems to be polarising into two or three groups but I'll leave it to sort out yourselves.

198d Christmas 2016
Angelad 4/5 Jan
GrannieAnnie 1st week Jan
horshamjack 1st week Jan
Pikeman 10-24 Jan
Mr Ed <- mid-Jan
Rodneyplonker <- mid-Jan
Hotelman mid-Jan
Bob and Phyllis mid-Jan
Kip mid-Jan
Canopus mid-Jan
Fredgwen mid-Jan
Abforfun 15 Jan
Cakey 15 Jan
fivestar 15–20 Jan
Old Bill 20 Jan
Theonlysue 20 Jan ->
mustaphapint 24 Jan
Portland 24 Jan
TerryL 24 Jan
Busman 2nd week Feb
StanandShirley mid Feb
Robert Clark September

?? Suggy ??
?? George Clayton ??

Dec 7, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Camper Van
Exp
7yrs
Wow, that's brilliant :) Thanks for sorting everything Terry, much appreciated

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Well done TerryL
Good stuff. We are still not 100% sure on our entry date ??
Will flip a coin 1st Jan

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993

Morocco travel advice
14-12-2016 10:35 AM GMT
Latest update: Local laws and customs section – you’ll need permission from the authorities to fly a drone; contact the Moroccan Civil Aviation Authority for more information about the rules; in 2016, a number of British nationals were fined and had their passports confiscated for flying drones without permission

So beware all you droners! :xThumb:

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@iLondoner excellent, many thanks Tim. If you don't mind I'll add it to the next revamp of my article in Resources - it'll be very useful.

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Short Notice but today I have bought and down loaded the TomTom map for Morocco. Until tomorrow they are giving a 30% discount, so instead of £44.95 it only cost £31.46. For anybody interested the discount code is XMAS16_MAPS

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Won't be making it , jean''s current passport is due for renewal in may 2017 (didn't even think to check doh:confused:)Should have done our home work before leaving. will have to stay here in Spain for this winter but will definitely be more prepared for next year . Happy travels peeps & hope you all have a brilliant time . Chris & Jean xx

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Won't be making it , jean''s current passport is due for renewal in may 2017 (didn't even think to check doh:confused:)Should have done our home work before leaving. will have to stay here in Spain for this winter but will definitely be more prepared for next year . Happy travels peeps & hope you all have a brilliant time . Chris & Jean xx
When we lived in Spain, we renewed our passports at the British Emabassy office in Alicante

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-consulate-alicante

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back