Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just check that again. It's 2 months in a rolling 12 month period as far as I remember. And, you don't need to send the SIM home, it's 2 months continuous use. I took it out of our MiFi for one day last time in Spain and they didn't cut me off in three months use.

Taking the sim out won't have made a bit of difference as it's the continuing sim use period that is recorded not when it's in a mifi and turned on, even if you don't use if for a few days within the period it will still 'count' as being used abroad.

Just to clarify your three months ... how many days was it in total including your 'sim removed' day? It may be that you didn't get caught.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Taking the sim out won't have made a bit of difference as it's the continuing sim use period that is recorded not when it's in a mifi and turned on, even if you don't use if for a few days within the period it will still 'count' as being used abroad.

Just to clarify your three months ... how many days was it in total including your 'sim removed' day? It may be that you didn't get caught.

It can't be called continuous if it doesn't continue and taking the SIM out stops it continuing. What you refer to is continual use. You can also reset the 'continuous' use by using it in a non FAH area for a day.
Just for the record the period of use was at the start January, this year, until 14th April.
However, I did suggest to OP to check their T&Cs, because there are contractural differences between PAYG and contract SIMs, and even between older and current offers.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It can't be called continuous if it doesn't continue and taking the SIM out stops it continuing. What you refer to is continual use. You can also reset the 'continuous' use by using it in a non FAH area for a day.
Just for the record the period of use was at the start January, this year, until 14th April.
However, I did suggest to OP to check their T&Cs, because there are contractural differences between PAYG and contract SIMs, and even between older and current offers.
I don't think I'm wrong ... if you do NOT use it in a FAH country, eg UK, then it will not 'reset' therefore is a continuing sim use period ... taking a sim out of the mifi/equipment shouldn't make any difference at all as its when/where it is in contact with the network provider that matters, not whether it's stuck in the mifi.

It would appear that you were lucky and not cut off ... I don't know if you are a light data user or not, or how often you physically turned it on, but from what appears to be reported by others some get cut off, some don't.

Did you use yours in a non FAH country whilst you were away which 'reset' the period?

As for different T&Cs, what are the difference you are aware of between PAYG and contracts when in use abroad in FAH countries?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
I don't think I'm wrong ... if you do NOT use it in a FAH country, eg UK, then it will not 'reset' therefore is a continuing sim use period ... taking a sim out of the mifi/equipment shouldn't make any difference at all as its when/where it is in contact with the network provider that matters, not whether it's stuck in the mifi.

It would appear that you were lucky and not cut off ... I don't know if you are a light data user or not, or how often you physically turned it on, but from what appears to be reported by others some get cut off, some don't.

Did you use yours in a non FAH country whilst you were away which 'reset' the period?

As for different T&Cs, what are the difference you are aware of between PAYG and contracts when in use abroad in FAH countries?

I can only quote my experience. I'm obviously not going to query it with 3.

We get, and use most of, 15gb/month, so I don't consider us light users. The MiFi is used daily, at home or abroad. I am aware that others have exceeded the 2months but don't know what their T&Cs are.

The period of use I stated before was exclusively in Spain.

As for different T&Cs, I believe the period of use varies and there are data caps on some contracts, along with the usual restrictions on validity for some PAYG cards.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back