LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Listen here you potential Levante beach swingers. Any finds below 50 cent pieces are yours, any finds above MUST be handed in to me and I will notify the relevant authorities. Benidorm plod does not want queues of funsters declaring there finds at the local nick x:-).

LoSiBen

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
DONCASTER
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Scout
Exp
Since 2000
Hi all,
I have a Minelab Etrac and detect both land and beach but still work full time so don't get the chance to use it very often.

Jealous of you lot who spend winter in the sun, so get some photo's on of your finds so the rest of us can see what we're missing !!

Good Luck & Happy New Year to all

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Hello Seanoo,when you say underwater detecting do you mean wading about knee high in water ?

Vlad the curious
I realise this is an older post, but my detector goes to 3m in water. Can get waterproof headphones for it too !!! Never knew they existed :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I realise this is an older post, but my detector goes to 3m in water. Can get waterproof headphones for it too !!! Never knew they existed :)
Year, but holding your breath can be a bugger !

gibbo57

Free Member
Sep 6, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Benimar 530
Exp
In the early 90's some friends and I used to regularly attend metal detecting rallys all over England. I had some interesting finds and also had great craic. I recently bought a Deus Xp as it is light and wireless and was wondering if there are any big rallys coming up in England.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In the early 90's some friends and I used to regularly attend metal detecting rallys all over England. I had some interesting finds and also had great craic. I recently bought a Deus Xp as it is light and wireless and was wondering if there are any big rallys coming up in England.

Have a look here:

http://www.forumukdetectornet.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php?sid=e91df93029329ac56a576f6213b70fc9

And if I may @gibbo57, I will add you to the list below.

And for the attention of all, ( @Hollyberry @Snowbird @Ed-E @mike mcglynn @jockaneezer @old-mo @Steve @FunnyFendt @camperlove @Khizzie @gus-lopez @Vlad The Impaler @peter @Janine @pandj @sparky @Diggerdi @kip @laird of Dunstan @gibbo57 ) the April edition of Word has just been published:

http://en.calameo.com/read/0001216068cb2da7d3a62

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Any one interested...

I shall be advertising my top of the range.. (When I bought it)

Tesora .... As new, never used in water, and always thoroughly cleaned after the few times it was used..

Complete set up and boxed.. £200-00...

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Any one interested...

I shall be advertising my top of the range.. (When I bought it)

Tesora .... As new, never used in water, and always thoroughly cleaned after the few times it was used..

Complete set up and boxed.. £200-00...
Do you know the model at all Mo ?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Do you know the model at all Mo ?

Hi John, It is a "Tesoro Vaquero"..

I don`t think it is the MK2 model...

Same as mine (I think) on fleabay... one in Germany £500 odd £`s and one in Italy £485 + £30 postage..

I have had a "Funster Member" PM me about it, so in fairness to him I will put an add on For Sale, later, but will give him first refusal.. (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Same as mine (I think) on fleabay... one in Germany £500 odd £`s and one in Italy £485 + £30 postage..

I have had a "Funster Member" PM me about it, so in fairness to him I will put an add on For Sale, later, but will give him first refusal.. (y)
That is better than half price Mo.. A really good unit.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Have a look on Facebook if you use it for the group "metal detecting rallies". It will give you all the info you need , cheers sean

gibbo57

Free Member
Sep 6, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Benimar 530
Exp
Thanks Sean, I will take a look.
There used to some fantastic rallys in the past. Beer tents, music and of course searching and nearly always brilliant weather (we usually went over during August Bank Holiday weekend). Was at rallys near Newbury, Deal, Cantebury, Colchester, Thirsk, Chester.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thanks Sean, I will take a look.
There used to some fantastic rallys in the past. Beer tents, music and of course searching and nearly always brilliant weather (we usually went over during August Bank Holiday weekend). Was at rallys near Newbury, Deal, Cantebury, Colchester, Thirsk, Chester.

Bet the one at Colchester was well attended !! All around there it is REALLY hard to get any sort of permission as most of it is protected now ..

gibbo57

Free Member
Sep 6, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Benimar 530
Exp
Mid 90's out in the countryside, big farm.
Can't remember exactly where.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Thanks Mo, lovely meeting you and Judy... could have stayed all day chatting.

Just need to get out there and use it now...(y)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks Mo, lovely meeting you and Judy... could have stayed all day chatting.

Just need to get out there and use it now...(y)

Good to put a name to a face... :nod: :nod:

Love your M-home... (y)

If you fancy cutting your journey home, you are more than welcome.. And we can carry on putting the world to right`s..

OH..!!!!!!!!! by the way you forgot to pick up the invoice/bill for temporary Parking... and the Tea & Sticky Bun`s you both had.. :giggler:

:lips:

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
France, it seems outside Archeological sites the rules are as you would expect, ask permission, do not try and find historically important items without specific authority and that authority is time limited and normally only for one user. Any historic find "accidentally" found must be declared. Each Marie (mayor) has the right to refuse completely all metal detecting. Something I have often considered doing, fits in well with my grumpy, leave me alone sometimes attitude. Link in Froggy for those interested.

http://www.detecteurdemetaux.info/la-loi-francaise-vis-a-vis-de-la-detection/

Phil

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I just dont seem to have the time for detecting nowadays, so if anyone is interested in a very good waterproof all round detector I have one for sale still in the original box with headphones. Also a stainless steel sand scoop for beach detecting and a cheaper detector suitable for a serious child.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Its the Fisher F22 which I bought because it can be used in the rain without worrying about the controls getting wet.
A nice bit of kit that.. I use one as a back up.... and to be honest it some times beat my Safari

This months magazine is out folks

http://en.calameo.com/read/00012160685496cdd9998

@Hollyberry @Snowbird @Ed-E @mike mcglynn @jockaneezer @old-mo @Steve @FunnyFendt @camperlove @Khizzie @gus-lopez @Vlad The Impaler @peter @Janine @pandj @sparky @Diggerdi @kip @laird of Dunstan @gibbo57 @100brian

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
Hi can anyone tell what the law is as regarding detecting in Portugal on beaches only please, David.:xsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi can anyone tell what the law is as regarding detecting in Portugal on beaches only please, David.:xsmile:

I believe it is very similar to Spain.
Inland it is very difficult to get permission unless you have a tie in to an academic organisation or accredited archiological group
However, on the sea shore line is a go if you get a licence from the mayor ( read town hall ) of the nearest town.
The cost of a licence ( good for a year ) varies from town to town but is not crazy expensive

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back