OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
We wish to install 130 W sola panel on our MH. Item 1. There is an roof aperture that come down in to the MH, is there a special box you place on the roof or do you just pass the cables down the aperture and fill with mastic ??. Item 2 Does the sola panel connected directly to the box in the garage, which has 2 sets of wires or do you need to install a sola controller. I am confused.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ian's right.

By the sound of those questions you really would be better off taking it to a pro.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i just used a waterproof junction box with glands for the solar cables in and passed the wires through and down after stixal ing it to the roof

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We wish to install 130 W sola panel on our MH. Item 1. There is an roof aperture that come down in to the MH, is there a special box you place on the roof or do you just pass the cables down the aperture and fill with mastic ??. Item 2 Does the sola panel connected directly to the box in the garage, which has 2 sets of wires or do you need to install a sola controller. I am confused.

Buy all the bits and drive up to me in Norfolk..
I will fit it for you FOC..Would rather help out than see you get in to serious trouble with leaks and wiring issues OG1..

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Take it Cornish Farm and let @eddievanbitz 's firm fit it for you.
I fitted mine wanting to gain the experience.
Taking into account the time, materials, tools and consumables involved, it's not much more to let a professional fit it (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Take it Cornish Farm and let @eddievanbitz 's firm fit it for you.
I fitted mine wanting to gain the experience.
Taking into account the time, materials, tools and consumables involved, it's not much more to let a professional fit it (y)
I would have suggested Eddie but OG says he is Herts, Cornish farm is a hellova trot compared to 80 miles to me :)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I would have suggested Eddie but OG says he is Herts, Cornish farm is a hellova trot compared to 80 miles to me :)
It's funny how we see things differently. I think of Herts as just off the M25 and 'doable', whereas I see Norfolk as the back of beyond...
You are right though, much closer than Cornish Farm and I know you'd do a good job too :)

OP
OP
OG1

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
I will give Cornish farm a ring. Any work will not be done until 2017.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Buy all the bits and drive up to me in Norfolk..
I will fit it for you FOC..Would rather help out than see you get in to serious trouble with leaks and wiring issues OG1..
Very kind offer jaws, your a gentleman and nice to see a funster willing to help another funster out(y)

OP
OP
OG1

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
I have been in touch with Vanbitz very helpful people. It would appear that you are restricted in the Watts that you can connect to the system due to the size of the cable in the garage. If you wish to have more than one sola panel, then new cable would have to be run direct to the batteries via a controller. How much do you need ??.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Check out the resources section on FUN all you need to know will be there.

OP
OP
OG1

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Bobby 22 I have looked through the resources section with no luck. Talking to Vanbitz you can only connect on sola panel due to the current rating of cable. Will be getting in touch with them again to see if a 120W panel is OK. Otherwise have to run new cable direct to the batteries via a controller I may get in touch with Rapido in France to see if they will send a CCT diagram. May end up taking MH down to Vanbitz. Regards Martin

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I think you will find some wires are coiled up near the battery (blue if i remember right)that need connecting and the terminal in the garage is for a plug in stand alone system which is now old hat.The wiring for me was not heavy enough so i ripped it all out and started from scratch.lol

OP
OP
OG1

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for the info Treetops found the wires the other day. We are going to have the work done by Justgo motorhomes near Toddington near the M1. They will have to drill a hole in the roof, not happy about that. No info regarding cable runs. I did ask Vanbitz if they would fit my second hand panel (which I have tested) they only fit there own. Watch this space. Thank you all for your help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back