Free Member
Oct 25, 2016
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2002
Just got an old Hymer 564 (1990) and can't find the water switch, help please. Plus the shower tap is broken/missing, where can I get a replacement? Last but not least every thing is in German, my schoolboy German is no match for the manual, and the only thing I learnt as a soldier was to ask for beer or food! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Hope this helps -

"The motorhome is equipped with a fitted fresh water tank. An electric water pump pumps the fresh
water to the individual water taps. Opening a water tap automatically switches on the water pump
and pumps fresh water to the tap. The waste water tank collects the waste water. The fresh water
level in the fresh water and waste water tanks can be checked on the panel.
When the fresh water tank is re-filled, an air bubble may form at the bottom of the pump which will
prevent water from being drawn in. Shake the water pump up and down energetically in the water.
Water left standing in the fresh water tank or in the water pipes becomes undrinkable after a short
period. Rince the water pipes and the fresh water tank thoroughly with several litres of fresh water
before each use of the motorhome. To do this, open all water taps. After each use of the motorhome
empty completely the fresh water tank and the water pipes.

Fill the fresh water tank only with fresh water.

If there is any risk of frost, empty the water system completely.

The water pump will overheat without fresh water and can get damaged. Never oper-
ate water pump when the fresh water tank is empty.

Clean the fresh water tank thoroughly before use.

Before using the water fittings, the 12 V supply must be turned on. Otherwise the wa-
ter pump will not work"

OP
OP
HOD 22

HOD 22

Free Member
Oct 25, 2016
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2002
Thank you all for your very swift replies, and your welcome, and the humour Jon and Shell!
I'm sure I'll figure it out in the morning.
Thanks again.
H

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
I don't want to divert you away from this forum but you might also find the Classic Hymers group on facebook very useful. A lot of knowledge on there with older Hymers.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Just got an old Hymer 564 (1990) and can't find the water switch, help please. Plus the shower tap is broken/missing, where can I get a replacement? Last but not least every thing is in German, my schoolboy German is no match for the manual, and the only thing I learnt as a soldier was to ask for beer or food! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've a 1991 Eribacar - a German (Hymer) body on a French conversion with the control panel in French. As far as replacements (sink taps) the originals were rubbish (even in 1991), I replaced with a better, modern version. Sometimes you can find better fitments than 'originals'

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My 2005 B584 doesn't have a separate switch for the water pump - yet! It's a nuisance for me when the van is drained down, the taps are all left open, and I want to use the lights. So far I've put up with disconnecting the pump at its connector. But I feel a switch will be installed soon :).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
For your spare parts, try O'Leary's,
Beverley yorkshire.

Eric

Join us or log in to post a reply.