Solos- post your current location (1 Viewer)

Robert 314

Free Member
Oct 15, 2015
Taunton. Somerset.
Funster No
MH
MH within 3 months.
Exp
Converted van. 5 yrs exploring.
Normandy at present,Sourville Hague. Leave tommorow for Pontorson and then probablly head for the Dordonge for 3 or 4 months. Just me and the dog. Would enjoy meeting anyone who speaks English for a while.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
At home till Friday then at New forest meet .and the on to South lychett manor campsite for a few days before khizzie has her service and MOT..then its planning time for 2017 ..yay!

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Still at Olhao campsite at the moment but planning to move to Portimao in a day or so. Toni (Aussie Graphics) is hear so if you have always wanted graphics on your van this is the time to get hold of him.

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Getting ready to go down to visit daughter and organising young professional footballer neighbour to stay at mine whilst away ... getting colder up here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Getting ready to go down to visit daughter and organising young professional footballer neighbour to stay at mine whilst away ... getting colder up here.
Get yourself over hear girl you would love it.

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Normandy at present,Sourville Hague. Leave tommorow for Pontorson and then probablly head for the Dordonge for 3 or 4 months. Just me and the dog. Would enjoy meeting anyone who speaks English for a while.
trying to get on the road..out of the uk...... hopefully ....

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Still at Olhao campsite at the moment but planning to move to Portimao in a day or so. Toni (Aussie Graphics) is hear so if you have always wanted graphics on your van this is the time to get hold of him.
Portimao...a lovely place, and friendly aire which was recommended to me, on by down most moments by another funster. There is a pub, restaurant, and bbq with music. Cheap as well. Friendly staff on the gate, helpful funsters, good location.
There is a better wild camping area, across from the aire, .............No good for you though .....with your size van............

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Friday I'm off to Canterbury park and ride for the weekend. Sunday I'll either BritStops or wild camp somewhere:D

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
My plans to move to Portimao have had to be put back again. It looks like I have another party to go to. It is a problem overhear, having a nice time, everyone is trying to do it. I am planning to return for Christmas and new year but many are saying I will miss out on all the fun hear. So much to do and not enough time to do it

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Halloween party Monday then Portimao hear I come. Not many Motorhome fun members hear at Olhao camping but the next place could be different. The sun has come out again so now I can get a tan. Don't think I really need one.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Ferry to Santander on 4th November. Will visit first the North-West Spain (weather permitting) then Portugal all the way down to the Algarve, from there to south & East (Med) Spain and maybe on route back (pending which Ferry) a bit of France. All together 4.5 months.
Will be nice to meet Funsters and make friends.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Well finally decided that I will not leave hear until mid November as I have found so many nice people at this site. So the best thing to do is just take a day trip to my next location, when i finally get to make the trip. I am going to go to Portimao for the day tomorrow with some friends. We are all looking forward to the trip and it will give me a chance to see the access to the sites with my rig.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Ferry to Santander on 4th November. Will visit first the North-West Spain (weather permitting) then Portugal all the way down to the Algarve, from there to south & East (Med) Spain and maybe on route back (pending which Ferry) a bit of France. All together 4.5 months.
Will be nice to meet Funsters and make friends.

Hi Dogsense, keep us all informed of your progress and maybe we could meet up for a drink or dinner at some time or place.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Another change, off to Portimao (Portugal) today. Found three sites on a flying visit on Sunday, Two free and one a small charge. It seems to me that I do like to camp and not just park but I will try the free sites. The small charge site I am going to stay on say, I must have my truck connected to the van when I am on site as I have a 5th wheeler. I don't know the reason for this it could be planning or insurance regulation.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Probably something to do with Aires just allowing motor homes, not caravans.
Hope you enjoy Portemeo :)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hopefully, but haven't decided when leaving UK.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
At Portimao for another two days then off to Lagos for a week or so

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Don't bank on Portimão... there are rumours... and changes a foot... Bus Bar now closed and suits have been holding meetings.

Campers are being told the latest situation on Tuesday...

JJ :cool:

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Don't bank on Portimão... there are rumours... and changes a foot... Bus Bar now closed and suits have been holding meetings.

JJ :cool:
I am at Portimao now and been hear for nearly a week. It seems the bar is opening again tomorrow or Tuesday and all will be the same as normal from then on. We will see when it opens. People are still coming in and setting up.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
At Portimao and the bar has opened again. Leaving Thursday for Lagos

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Presently at a place called Alvor in Portugal. Yesterday I went to Sagres but hardly any vans at the place but it has nice veiws. I also went to Lagos but the place was too small and full anyway. It seems to me that this wild camping is for people that like being by themselves as the sites I have seen have no place to meet people if you wanted to. Tomorrow I am off to a wild camping spot over the water from Portimao. As it happens i probably will not talk to anyone as it's defnatly a wild camping site as there is nothing at the place uther than sand, dirt grass and water. It will give me a chance to talk to myself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back