Carnauba Wax, Bailey Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Hi
Am a bit confused so thought I would ask all you detailing experts for your opinions.

We have a 2015 Bailey Approach, in the handbook under the fitted equipment section - GRP panels it says "Waxing the components once or twice a year with a good grade paste wax will help to maintain the colour & finished". In the general care & maintenance section under cleaning it says "do not apply a carnauba-based wax to the vehicle".

Any idea why they say not to use carnauba wax.

Thanks (y)

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
I had the same thing with a Bailey caravan , my mate is the sole importer for Harley wax which is carnuba , he doesn't understand it either. I now have an auto trail motorhome and I fang their technical team to ask the same question, they could see no reason why not to use carnuba wax ,,,, very strange

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Can't understand not using carnauba wax, but there again Bailey recommend using a waterless wash product. Which tells me they don't know what they are talking about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Dont worry to much about the carnuaba content. It will be extremely small ! I hear so often about 100% carnuaba. ....... Well yes the content may be 100% pure but the percentage of carnuaba used will be less than a few percent if that. ;);)

OP
OP
Tweedie

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
Thanks all suppose I could give Bailey technical a ring to see the reason they give. I did wonder if they were just trying to promote their own stuff, wouldn't fancy using a waterless wash product on the MH. Want to give the van a good waxing for the winter, will get the elbow grease out(y)(y)

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Hi
Am a bit confused so thought I would ask all you detailing experts for your opinions.

We have a 2015 Bailey Approach, in the handbook under the fitted equipment section - GRP panels it says "Waxing the components once or twice a year with a good grade paste wax will help to maintain the colour & finished". In the general care & maintenance section under cleaning it says "do not apply a carnauba-based wax to the vehicle".

Any idea why they say not to use carnauba wax.

Thanks (y)

Did you get to the bottom of it in the end? I am about to do mine but am confused

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
I had the same thing with a Bailey caravan , my mate is the sole importer for Harley wax which is carnuba , he doesn't understand it either. I now have an auto trail motorhome and I fang their technical team to ask the same question, they could see no reason why not to use carnuba wax ,,,, very strange

Steve,I recently bought two tins of Harly wax from eBay and had a direct link to your friend I guess.
I have found it a superb,easiest to use product ever,leaving a brilliant shine on the van,car and my precious motorbikes.
So easy to use,it just goes on like soft butter and comes off easily.
The blurb recommends only using the applicator included and only to use a clean microfibre cloth to remove.l The car roof and bonnet are always covered with water bubbles showing it's staying power.
I love this product and can say will soon be back for more.

OP
OP
Tweedie

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
No did not ring bailey technical, just read through the detailing threads and use products recommended by Charlie and or FJ Mike, decided they have much more knowledge on best products than I suspect Bailey Technical have. Thanks to them both for such excellent advice, very much appreciated. (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back