HEOSwater Universal Water Connector £19.98 Funster Discount Code (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Knowing how popular the HEOSwater was earlier this year & seeing lots of stock of the Universal model on Care-avan stand we negotiated the recent NEC Show price of £19.99 for Funsters plus free delivery :) To get this offer & 10% discount on all the products on the website go to http://www.prideandjoycarcare.co.uk...er-Filler-Cap/c/21265076/offset=0&sort=normal & input code MOTORFUN at checkout.

dscf0031-jpg.129577

Last edited:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We've had one of these for years. Excellent idea. However I attached a short piece of hose to the inside of ours to prevent dribble. It looks like they have taken that on board and the new model looks like it has a piece of pipework inside for just this purpose.

Recommended.

Wyn

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Great bit of kit. If I didn't already have one I would be jumping at this offer. For solo travellers they are an essential piece of equipment.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Glad this offer is of use to Funsters :) This 10% discount code is valid until 30th November & works on the other items (hoses, cleaning products etc) on the website too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone who wonders what this funny looking gadget does :wondering: - it doesn't replace your existing cap but is a device to use when filling your water tank with a hose. It makes it easier as don't have to hold the hose in the tank & will vent once full so excess water will come out around the filler cap which is helpful if your tank doesn't have a built in overflow. There used to be various designs of these & it took us three attempts :wasntme: to find the right one but now the Universal should cover most variations apart from the smaller Fiamma type.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Never been a fan of discounts
I just do cheaper BROKEN LINK
But you got me with free delivery

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Never been a fan of discounts
I just do cheaper BROKEN LINK
But you got me with free delivery
Good photos & fitting guide on that link (y) but p&p at £4.95 is a lot unless buying more.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Although the HEOSwater works well as it is Mr Womble has now added a small piece of hose (just pushed on) so that the water goes directly down into the water tank - this was an idea from fellow Funsters putting their heads together under @Tootles awning on this years Bagwell Rally :) There is a chance that the short piece of hose could come off into the tank but normally easy to get to. He cut off a piece of (food grade) tubing from one of these:
upload_2016-10-22_12-5-16.jpeg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There must be a reason for doing this but I can't see the point ... I would be interested to know.
The idea was as a result of a Funster at the Bagwell rally (sorry can't recall name) having a split in the top of his corrugated tube filler pipe so he had to fill by putting a normal hose down past this point so didn't think he could use his HEOSwater anymore although he wanted to so after some discussion the tube idea evolved. He tried it & it overcame his problem :) Mr Wombles thought it might improve filling using ours too as the add on tubing directs water downwards rather against the back of the corrugated tube then down - it does seems to work better & maybe less chance of wear & tear on the corrugated pipe? Really not necessary though as HEOSwater still works well without it.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been looking for one of these for ages - just ordered. Thanks for the discount code.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Yes, thank you. Arrived on Wednesday and I used it to part fill the tank yesterday. I think I need to fit the flat gasket that was included in the package as it did dribble a little bit from around the cap. Comparing it with my existing cap suggests that is the only difference.

It did the job though, and it's handy to be able to just snap the hose connectors on at both ends and not have to keep holding the hose in.

Edit: As your post prompted me, I've just popped out and fitted the flat gasket, which the instructions say is for tanks with a built in overflow. The cap now fits much more securely with an obvious seal against the filler inlet, so I'm confident that is all that was required.

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Got mine too. Tried it on the filler, fitted okay but I didn't put a hosepipe on it (I was actually just winterising the van). Looking at above post though looks like I might also need to fit the washer, it's only a few seconds job.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Fun discount code still valid - runs until 30th November :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Still time to get this as a Xmas present for the motorhome owner who has almost everything else :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I just tried MOTORFUN and it said code not valid.
Thank you for letting me know - I just tried it & got the same - bit odd as meant to run until end of this month o_O so will look into this now.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have emailed & will update the thread when (hopefully) the discount code is working again.
UPDATE - have had a reply & should get code working again later today :) Will check & post once sorted.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
Code is working just bought one.

No more asking misses to hold pipe.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.