Jul 28, 2016
East Anglia UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 745
Exp
Since 2006
Good afternoon all,

Last week I purchased the above Motorhome but I cannot find any instructions as to how to assemble the double bed in the fining area.I have contacted Bailey who gave sent photos of the bed made up with the cushions on,but what I need is a photo of how to make up the frame of the bed ?
I have also emailed the dealer from whom I purchased the van but they have not replied and Bailey have said that they only have photos of the bed with the cushions fitted.

Can anyone on here please help.

Thanks
Lone Ranger

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Sorry, I can't help but surely, this is something that should have been demonstrated on handover. I would take it in and ask to be shown how it's done.

OP
OP
L

Lone Ranger 1958

Free Member
Jul 28, 2016
East Anglia UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 745
Exp
Since 2006
I did ask during Hanover but I feel that the person who handed over was not too conversant with it himself ,I did not want to embarrass him so I thought that contacting Bailey would be the answer how wrong I was...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Sorry, I can't help but surely, this is something that should have been demonstrated on handover. I would take it in and ask to be shown how it's done.

Lone Ranger

Welcome. This is not a very good start with your new van. You have spent good money with that dealer, and I also agree with Baycott that this should have been demonstrated at the handover. As you have unfortunately found out, a number of people doing these handovers are not qualified to give them, missing vital details, or on some occasions, giving dangerous advice. If the dealer is nearby, I would suggest you go back there and ask for a proper demonstration by someone who knows how it should be done, if it is further away ring them and explain that this wasn't covered and you want them to talk you through how it is done. Stand your ground with the dealer, make him work for the money you have paid him

Good luck

Trevor

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The designer at Bailey used to work on Krypton Factor and just can't let it go.

...... well maybe ?

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
When we picked up our last new van, the chap doing the handover apologised for the fact that it was his first day working for the dealers. I ended up explaining to him how many of the features worked as if he was the customer! Unfortunately there were many problems, mainly with work paid for but forgotten by the dealer and things missing. It wasn't a great day.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
When we picked up our last new van, the chap doing the handover apologised for the fact that it was his first day working for the dealers. I ended up explaining to him how many of the features worked as if he was the customer! Unfortunately there were many problems, mainly with work paid for but forgotten by the dealer and things missing. It wasn't a great day.

That would be precisely why they'd sent the kid to do the handover then I bet. Don't think we'd be too impressed with that, meself Bob.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
You need to put the table down on the rear passenger seat's little protruding ledge and the ledge behind the driver's seat (remove the piece of timber that makes the L-shape) so it is hooked into the lower table catch under the window. The leg of the table folds to support it. Then the bench seat behind the passenger seat has a sliding support on 2 legs that slides out towards the table to meet it.

Hope that makes sense.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
PS. you will be able to ask more questions if you subscribe by paying your ÂŁ15 fee as you appear to have used your 5 free posts. The fee is well worth it (y)

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Don't you find that, with any major purchase, by the time you've spent hours Googling information, when you eventually go to buy whatever it is you know 10 times more about whatever it is than the people selling it.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Don't you find that, with any major purchase, by the time you've spent hours Googling information, when you eventually go to buy whatever it is you know 10 times more about whatever it is than the people selling it.

You are 100% correct. Even the lovely chap who sold us our new Carthago had to keep asking his colleagues for answers to my questions. He did admit that ours was the first Carthago he had sold, but I suppose he should really have known a bit more. My friend has worked his way up the ladder from being a car salesman to business manager at a major BMW dealers and he knows every nut and bolt, all the performance figures and costings of pretty much every vehicle they sell and that's because he loves and is interested in the product. How many motorhome salesmen actually own or use a motorhome? Not many I guess.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
When I had our shop selling electrical appliances, all the manufacturers whose goods we sold, ran free courses on all new products that our staff could attend to make sure they were familiar with all the features available. Does this not happen with the motorhome industry? I would have thought that with something costing ÂŁ50k+ It was the least they could do.
@Johns_Cross_Motorhomes perhaps you would know Peter?

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Hope you've sorted your Bailey issue.

Emm Bee took 2 hours to hand over our current van and that was demonstrating to an experienced motorhomer, they are not all bad.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back