hastings
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2002
Hi All,

New to this, so 'Hi'...........

Does anyone have a discount code to use in the shop at John's cross please? I see that there was one but may have expired now...................... ;-)

Cheers Nicky

OP
OP
N

noodle

Free Member
Jul 26, 2016
hastings
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2002
Well thanks for that..................I was advised by John's cross to join a forum to get a code. I explained on here that I am new to this, there's no need to be rude................................. I will now be deleting my account because of your silly comment! Enjoy your day...................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Don't forget the dummy you just spat out(y)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I don't think that was rude at all.
It just pointed out you need to be a paid up member to get financial benefits.
I would suggest you read the posting again, take a breath and then do as suggested. The benefits from advice, help and the likes of discounts on here are well worth the £15 a year.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Well thanks for that..................I was advised by John's cross to join a forum to get a code. I explained on here that I am new to this, there's no need to be rude................................. I will now be deleting my account because of your silly comment! Enjoy your day...................

I don't think PJ was being rude, to the point maybe, but not joining fully maybe cutting your nose etc, the subs are £15 the discount is probably 10%, so if you are spending over £150 the advice given to join by them was extremely generous (y)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
:hiya2: & :pink:

I certainly don't think PJ was being rude but just telling you how to get the code ..

Please do not leave already because you will be very welcome on the forum ... I'm afraid that Johns Cross should have pointed out that you do need to be a paid up subscriber to benefit from any of the trade discounts available to Funsters.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I tried to find it the other day and couldn't either, any more clues as to where it is hidden?
Broken Link Removed
Think non-members can't access the above link?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't see why you thought the post was rude or silly that PPJ made, it was simply stating that you need to be a fully paid up member to get the code for Johns Cross and other companies too ... if that's made you spit your dummy out then it makes me think all you wanted was to benefit from getting the code without supporting the forum that has 'earned' it for its members.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hi and welcome
upload_2016-7-26_14-44-0.png

The problem with the written word is that you can't tell HOW something was meant to come across. I'm pretty darn sure that PPJ wouldn't be rude, only helpful, and what he says is accurate. Annual subscription is just £15 and this gives 'paid-up' members access to a whole lot more than 'visiting' members get, as Wombles says.
MotorhomeFun really is an invaluable resource.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I don't think that new members should be able to post anything until they've paid their subs.

I'm not against people reading up on stuff for free, but when people want to ask for advice, or moan about something, they shouldn't be able to do this for free - that's just freeloading

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I don't think that new members should be able to post anything until they've paid their subs.

Either that or not be able to start new threads.

It seems to be a pretty regular occurrence that someone registers, demands a discount code of one type or another with their first post and then proceeds to spit their dummy when one isn't instantly forthcoming.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

I'm not against people reading up on stuff for free, but when people want to ask for advice, or moan about something, they shouldn't be able to do this for free - that's just freeloading

Do you wild camp by any chance .... :reel:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Do you wild camp by any chance .... :reel:
Well yes, but only when nobody's looking

Edit: when you consider how much I spend in local bars, restaurants, wineries etc etc
I should be allowed to park wherever I like

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Either that or not be able to start new threads.

It seems to be a pretty regular occurrence that someone registers, demands a discount code of one type or another with their first post and then proceeds to spit their dummy when one isn't instantly forthcoming.
Now your first suggestion would IMV be a fair idea!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Know that some do use & abuse our forum :( but don't think that should result in colouring our judgement against all potential new members! It's easy for both parties to get the wrong impression when reading comments & not face to face.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990

Oh, Nicky Noodle. John's Cross gave you the correct information to JOIN a forum. You registered with the forum - so not the same thing. Once you've registered you can then JOIN @ £15 per year and receive all the benefits.

I joined FUN recently, not particularly to avail myself of the discounts, but to offer help to others, where I can, and receive help when required. It's all give and take at the end of the day. Just hope Nicky Noodle has the ability to give as much as she receives. End of sermon :LOL:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Yes to join the forum,I.e. Pay your sub. Not just post on it for free.
Agreed.
It seems though that a lot of people complete the registration form without becoming aware of subs or different grades of membership - there was a thread recently asking about the colour-coding of names. As I understand it (but could be wrong as Fun is my only vice) many of these things don't have a subscription (but then they don't offer what Fun does!!!)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Perhaps it would be a good idea for the companies giving discounts for Fun member to be able to check that they ARE genuine members? Not sure if it's possible though ...

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Perhaps it would be a good idea for the companies giving discounts for Fun member to be able to check that they ARE genuine members? Not sure if it's possible though ...

In this case as far as I understand it, joining & subscribing to fun costs £15 per annum, the Johns Cross discount is 10% off with a spend of over £150 - equalling a £15 discount on a £150.01 spend, that discount then pays for a years subs' to fun . . so why not just join & subscribe & use the introduction thread properly.

It seems that only subscribed members can access the various codes - so it is possible to ascertain genuine members.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
While on the subject of subscribing - I joined and paid subs last year, do I get a reminder or have I just got to remember when to renew?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back