Free Member
Jul 26, 2015
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2015
We are new to motorhoming, and are also looking for advice on electric bikes, what ones to look for and ones to avoid, any suggestions please?

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there Crunch and welcome to MHF (y) I'm sure the electric bike brigade will be along shortly.enjoyyyy.
Brian & Jo

Christine phil

Free Member
Jul 26, 2015
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Old one motor home 21
Exp
21 feet
Hi just move to Suffolk now and love it and love motor home in have a husband and call phil and dog call ozzy but he don't like dog as a reuse one had my motor home for 10 years now very old van

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You definitely want one with 36volts rather than 24. You will get much further.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to fun, there are so many different electric bikes available now, the question is how do you want to use them, do you just want to putel around, then the cheaper bikes are usually adiquate, but if you want to go out for the day exploring then the full size assist bikes are worth looking at, Giant do nice ones, it's worth researching the large range of electric / assist bikes and see what will suit your needs. :welc:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN. Electric bike's are great but check the weight, can your bike rack that them etc. (y)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi and welcome to FUN. :welc:
Can't help with the bike question as we don't have enough payload to have any :crying:

JoNanna

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
South Cumbria
Funster No
MH
VW T5 - Bilbo Nexa
Exp
Hi, I would say it's good to try out a few bikes if you can and then decide on your priorities.
I bought one of the new G Tech ones this year just because it is so light and simple to use (no gears). They are rather expensive for a bike with quite a low level battery but I just use the power for hills and back-up (in case I cannot keep up with my husband on his unpowered bike!) ::bigsmile: I love the G Tech, it's well made, easy to manage and looks very smart, with the battery disguised as a
water bottle.
cycle2.gif

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Hello Crunch ive looked at e bikes and the price of them. I am now buying an internal combustion 125 cc bike from a funster . Maybe its just me but a grand each for a decent not even a good electric pushbike times two just does not make sense to me at the moment. I think leccy bikes are Brilliant by the way.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back