New website for finding a travel partner (1 Viewer)

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I am finding the iPad good but it costs a lot of money. Canperlove you will have to stop spending all your money on zig zagging all over Europe and get a map. (Joke)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
You can get mor apps on iPad then on Android but if you have iPhone already, the benefit is you don't need to input or transfer all your contacts etc, it will be done automatically.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I stayed last December 14/12-14/01/16 in Benidorm, many big camps and lots to do at Christmas and New Year but most Resturants need to pre-book for Ch & NYEave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Yes many have told me Benidorm is the place to be seen but remember i am an old sod and if i cannot understand the words in a song its too new for me. Is Benidorm just a little to lively for me? They say your only as old as the woman your feel, well as i am a solo traveler you can tell i am no good with woman.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The big variety of activities in Benidorm to suit all ages and tests, you get Acsi prices for €16 if staying 31 days in Raco - very nice camp, good location with not long walk to town Center and the beach, cafe, bar, restorants and shops just across the road - very convenient.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
I have been looking from the start of this set of correspondence and it seems we have a lot of members that would like to travel overseas this winter and are just trying to make up there minds and get the courage to make the arrangements. Don't loose sleep over it, i will help you and so would many members on this site. All you have to do is,
1 Say your going,
2 Workout what date you can go
3 How long you can go for
4 Locations you would like to visit
5 Location for Christmas dinner
6 Location for new year party
7 What you are going to give me for Christmas (Joke)
We would need to try to get sites that are not so expensive so we all have the money for it. You have to start the thinking and planning some time. I have decided that the end of September is a good time for me to start my winter trip so i have made the first move. Now you make a move. Reply on the tread (Travel partners needed for Spain this winter) so we can keep all the information together.
will put my name down on the other thread. if there are enough people who want to join, but the dates to leave are not suitable for everyone, perhaps there can be two leaving dates, and meet up down the line. ? also as everyone has different interests and living expectations, perhaps a few smaller groups. are you going to be touring around or staying in one place?
there is a group on here called snowbirds. I read that they are very good at accommodating solo travellers. in fact I read they go out of their way to do so! I joined late in the season when everyone had gone. but I do intend to spend some time in that area as ive read and heard so much positive information about them regarding solos

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Yes we can have as many leaving dates as are needed. Yes I plan to travel to different places but I don't really want to move every day as I would like to see the places not just the road. If we could contact the snowbirds that would be great. Once we have names and places of interest to visit, dates, times and a rout can be sorted. Remember no one has to take part in this but if people say what they could like to do others may like to join then for a short time or a long time. I am quite looking forward to this winter it could be fun. Mind you no one has met me yet so I could be on my own anyway.

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I plan to solo Spain and Portugal plus France this winter starting around mid September, I am married wife does not want to come she likes her home comforts, maybe I will meet up somewhere, I am a bit of a bore I don't drink don't smoke but enjoy a laugh so not that bad I suppose, did a Solo sailing Trip around the world in the 80ts, used to being alone, saying that I think I went stir crazy crossing the Pacific not seeing land for weeks and stuck in the doldrums waiting for the currents to get me into the trade winds, caught plenty of fish :)

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi Crabman, have you worked out your rout yet as I am traveling around that time so we could cross paths at some time. What have you planned for Christmas and New year?

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
hi David not sure what route I have in mind, its just a taste it and see what I fancy, don't have any plans for new year and things so cant be sure what I will be doing, I live in Wales with lots of sheep and its only a one dog village, most men wear their wellingtons and go sheep chasing at night, so I guess I will be doing the same I can find a good looking sheep :LOL: used to HGV around Europe and didn't see many sheep then and sod it I always carried my welli boots in case I got lucky :) heck those critters can run fast and I am not as young as I used to be :(

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi Crabman, at the moment I am thinking of going over after the Pembury rally in South Wales at the end of September. I like the idea of France, Northern Spain, Northern Portugal, Algarve, Spain for Christmas and New year, then it would depend on what has happened upto then.

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I leave Anglesey sometime in September and go to France then to Spain and Portugal, my plan is to stay away from the U.K for 5 months so we might meet up somewhere, wife will fly out for the odd week, she does not want to do full time I am hard work she says :D today she said was getting a steam catapult like on a Aircraft carrier to see me off ASAP :censored: I have no set plans for my trip just go wherever I like, been to most of Europe over the yeas in my HGV MH is new to me,

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Daved, thank you for all your caring with the solo ladies at the Bagwell meet ... a true gentleman and lovely company. Sorry didn't see more of you .. had a bloomin' virus which sent me to sleep all the time.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Well Joy I was beginning to think you did not like me as you avoided me on all counts. I must say your photo on the forum misses your tru beauty. You do not need a hat as it covers your fantastic eyes. See you in another time in another place. The girls are all fantastic people and I loved every moment I could spend with them. I only hope when I go off for six months or so to Europe there are girls just as nice. Some how I cannot see how they could match up.

David

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
David.....is that really you talking ? Only I've just choked on my coffee!!

Seriously though, thank you for a great week and for bring such a fabulous chauffeur. I'll remember to get the pot on!

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
It's all correct you are all fantastic woman and I love you all. I just hope all the rallies I attend have solo woman as nice as you lot.
See you again and next time it's bridge.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well Joy I was beginning to think you did not like me as you avoided me on all counts. I must say your photo on the forum misses your tru beauty. You do not need a hat as it covers your fantastic eyes. See you in another time in another place. The girls are all fantastic people and I loved every moment I could spend with them. I only hope when I go off for six months or so to Europe there are girls just as nice. Some how I cannot see how they could match up.

David
Well you old smoothy you!! Yes, sorry I didn't see much of you .. was really not too well and did best to cover it .. spent quite a lot of time in bed .. BRIDGE!!! Can we all learn something exciting next time .. like... er well.. snap? Only kidding. X

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Why not all meet in Santiago Portugal in October? Or the Pembery rally in September? Santiago Portugal sounds more remantic but we are not looking for romance are we? I have always liked the the sound of Santiago so I will have to visit it on my way to southern Spain this winter.

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Romance??? :eek: Que?? Just stick with the banter Dave- you're on safer territory there! :D

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
Why not all meet in Santiago Portugal in October? Or the Pembery rally in September? Santiago Portugal sounds more remantic but we are not looking for romance are we? I have always liked the the sound of Santiago so I will have to visit it on my way to southern Spain this winter.
Santiago does sound nice , I already have holidays booked for August, September and end Sept/ Oct. these were planned prior to buying the MH, so for this year foreign holidays are out with the MH . I have had week ends away and have one booked with two friends near York this month. There are also quite a few places in the UK I would like to see . What is the date for Pembury (Sept). Maeve

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Pembery South Wales 23-27 September . It's a shame you cannot do overseas holidays this year it could be a good one. I am trying to get on the York rally but it looks like it's going to be full. I will have to find somewhere else to go until the Newbury retrofesterval in August. See you on the road

David

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Looking at it again Santiago is in Spain not Portugal. Just to make you all sick I will take photos and post them for you all. I will have to have a night out in Porto and Lisbon. It's a shame the Motorhomefun solo women will not be with me to keep me in line. It's not the same doing things on your own. Remember Bridget you can still go to a romantic place and enjoy it without getting all romantic with others. I am well past all that and I was never any good at it anyway.

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
Pembery South Wales 23-27 September . It's a shame you cannot do overseas holidays this year it could be a good one. I am trying to get on the York rally but it looks like it's going to be full. I will have to find somewhere else to go until the Newbury retrofesterval in August. See you on the road

David
I was wanting to go to the Yorkshire WW1 rally but again I was pre- booked . That`s why I have booked in at Acaster Malbis York. Sounds like I have a whirl of social engagements but it`s not the case. At the moment many of the rallies are already booked for this year. I will have to get in early next year when everything starts again. I am living in hope that I can get to the Whitby Goth Rally even though it has a lengthy reserve list. I hope the plans you are making to travel abroad for the winter come to fruition. Maeve

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
A great idea, Jim!

I don't think I'd be up for for sharing my motorhome with someone else, but would be happy to travel with like minded people.
I don't think I would like to share my van either but would love to have someone else to travel with to gain experience of travelling not only England but abroad.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I don't think I would like to share my van either but would love to have someone else to travel with to gain experience of travelling not only England but abroad.
I shall be trotting up to the lake district and Scotland from middle of June for approx 6 weeks. So if you fancy joining me anywhere you will be welcome. And September I am over the water to the twin lakes meet and a other places for about a month so same applies there. Rgds Roy.

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
I shall be trotting up to the lake district and Scotland from middle of June for approx 6 weeks. So if you fancy joining me anywhere you will be welcome. And September I am over the water to the twin lakes meet and a other places for about a month so same applies there. Rgds Roy.
Thanks, I'm going to twin Lakes with a group of woman, it will be our first time a broad so watch this space.I will proberly meet you either in Scotland or France.

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
vwt4 trident 1995 hightop
Exp
5 years
I know I've been promising it for ages, but I'm just putting the finishing touches to it now and it will go live this weekend. Essentially it will be a place for those looking for someone to meet and travel with. All kinds of travel and holidays. You might just want to travel with someone for extra security, or extra fun. Certainly most agree that travel adventures shared are just so much better. Whatever the reason the site should enable you to get to know your travel partner as much as practically possible before committing to meet them properly and planning the travelling.

There will be a charge for accessing the site, but this will essentially be used as a vetting tool for confirming real names and addresses etc. While I've not decided what the charges will be yet I am looking to give some complimentary slots to subscribing Funsters who can get the ball rolling and test all aspects of the site. So if you are a subscriber here as well as a solo traveller and are interested in helping establish the site then please let me know by way of PM. Thanks (y)
@Jim good idea, that's why i joined actually jim.

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
vwt4 trident 1995 hightop
Exp
5 years
Thanks, I'm going to twin Lakes with a group of woman, it will be our first time a broad so watch this space.I will proberly meet you either in Scotland or France.
@Alfieplustwo hi alfie, i would like to travel with someone, anywhere, been going around a bit ungrounded fir a while, where are twin lakes please. pondfairy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back