Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good evening

Has anyone used or have any info about the £20 dash cams available in the petrol stations in South wales at the moment, are they any good, not expecting a lot for £20 but you never know, could be a bargain?

Tezza

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
At that price I'd buy it and try ! If it doesn't do the job take it back for refund!!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
By coincidence I posted some dashcam footage yesterday. Not taken with a Welsh dash cam but it didn't cost much more than £20 off ebay. It is unbranded so I can't say who made it but the quality of the video isn't bad. Post #136 on this thread: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/three-go-adventuring-again.130193/page-7#post-1882419

It depends what you want to do with it but for me it was important the video files the dash cam makes are in a form which can be easily copied to a tablet or phone. There was a dash cam sold on the forum a while back which hid it's files in a way you needed a PC to access them, which wasn't much use if you are away from home and have only android devices.

But as already suggested, give it a try! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We had a cheap one. The colour wasn't accurate (purple trees in hedges) neither could it capture images clear enough to read number plates. It lasted 6 years of constant use.

I have just identified its replacement a Garmin 35 offered by Out and About live at £129.99
https://partners.outandaboutlive.co.uk/capitaloutdoors/garmin-dash-cam-35-hd-1080p-gps-dvr-camera-3-screen-built-in-mic-new-57-13329?utm_source=Communicator&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=dashcamimagelink&utm_campaign=Motorhome+Insurance+Survey+|+UK+&+European+Travel+|+Accessory+Savings&_ccCt=z37n59P42vZfcSZq~uw5C0SiWuk27VdDmhQAnbPYVjw5Rtp4a7olOd~gqpRqXqVn
The 4GB card that they include with it will soon be filled John.

Have a look at the Broken Link Removed at less than half the price (leaving plenty of spare for a 32GB card). I've been using one in the ca for about a year and was so pleased with it that I bought a second one for the van.

patnlee

Free Member
Jun 24, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspitit
Exp
I have been using one of this type for a couple of years, a bit quirky but does the job. Can take 2x cameras. Just about to get another for new mortorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
The 4GB card that they include with it will soon be filled John.

Have a look at the Broken Link Removed at less than half the price (leaving plenty of spare for a 32GB card). I've been using one in the ca for about a year and was so pleased with it that I bought a second one for the van.
Many thanks @GJH I am picking one up this afternoon.
Does it make much difference what type/quality of micro card you use?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Many thanks @GJH I am picking one up this afternoon.
Does it make much difference what type/quality of micro card you use?
If I recall correctly a minimum of Class 6 is recommended but they are so cheap nowadays that I always use Class 10 myself. Any decent brand should be OK - Samsung, PNY &c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back