A class european breakdown recovery (1 Viewer)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
In the process of of purchasing an A Class, and am looking for recommendations for for an over 8 meter 5 tonne Euramobil. We do a fair few trips , so annual rather than per trip would be best.

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
That's great , I will be in Saarbruchen this weekend at the Intermot show there , ADAC are our series sponsor & organizer.. I tried to sign up last year but because my Camper was a 7.5 tonner, they couldn't offer cover, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better alternative.

And paying for a forum.....???? Don't you know who I am ;-)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Often can be included in your insurance - safeguard and camping and caravan club definitely do and with the CCC you can adjust the cover for how long you think you will be in Europe up to 365 days

The last two I've used - CaravanGuard and Comfort - have both provided full UK and EU breakdown and recovery as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
ADAC ?

Forgot the link :giggle:
https://www.adac.de/

Ring on 0049221472747 , ask for an English speaking operative, " Haben Sie ein englischer Sprecher bitte? " & you will normally get transferred to the delightful Julia Schmidt.(y) Who can answer all your questions & sign you up.
Just signed up with ADAC using the information supplied by @gus-lopez - many thanks. (y)(y) The process was so simple, taking half the time of the RAC Arrival quotation and coming out about a third of the cost, even after C&CC discount o_O

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it is new you should get two years cover by the base vehicle manufacturer, e.g. Fiat have their Camper Car Assist., Our warranty runs out next month & insurance due for renewal so I will add European breakdown cover to my Comfort insurance costs £60.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I will add European breakdown cover to my Comfort insurance costs £60
Just be aware that Comfort's cover is price limited to £2,500, which would not have covered my repatriation last year.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
@Cavs thanks for the update on ADAC. Was anything said about height of vehicle or do you come in under the 3.2m limit?

@Andy in Lossie did your breakdown cover with Comfort have the £2500 limit Cavs reports above?

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
@Cavs thanks for the update on ADAC. Was anything said about height of vehicle or do you come in under the 3.2m limit?
I started off mentioning 'big motorhome' then later I made a point of addressing weight (5,500 kg) and length (8.49 m). I was then asked how high it was (3.1 m) and the operator obviously looked something up before replying "that's ok you're within our limits ". Up to that point I'd never considered height to be an issue.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
I started off mentioning 'big motorhome' then later I made a point of addressing weight (5,500 kg) and length (8.49 m). I was then asked how high it was (3.1 m) and the operator obviously looked something up before replying "that's ok you're within our limits ". Up to that point I'd never considered height to be an issue.

Yeah it was another post from @Andy in Lossie of the ADAC terms which limits the height to 3.2m for certain benefits as below, maybe if I let the tires down? :)

"Motorhomes shall be covered regardless of vehicle measurements. The following benefits shall not be available, if the vehicle exceeds a total width of 2.55m, length of 10m, height of 3.20m (load included) and gross weight of 7,500kg: Off-road recovery (§16), vehicle recovery (§20), pick-up service (§21) and if the car is a total loss, transport from the place of the incident to the storage site and from the storage site to the scrapyard or customs office (§23 No. 2). "

We come in right on the 3.2 m with the dish. Think it will have to be a very careful check of the height and then a phone to ADAC, I can probably live with the limit of time away from home address, the RAC cover is just too iffy especially at the price quoted and the limit on recovery costs. Seems there's no ideal solution...:(

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We were told Adac would not cover us being 9 metres and 5 ton. :(

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Over several years and three RVs we used Safeguard insurance which included European cover, now have Hymer insured with them.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
@Larrynwin could you possibly do me a favour and check yourSafeguard T&Cs for limits on size of vehicle and time in Europe, just when you're bored and in need of some light entertainment??:)

There's nothing on their website about it and they wouldn't touch insuring RH on the VIN number before I got the UK registation so I'd kind of dismissed them as just another standard insurance company that wouldn't deal with anything out of the ordinary.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
We were told Adac would not cover us being 9 metres and 5 ton.
That's odd because RH is over 5 tonnes and the previous German owner had her insured etc with ADAC though because of her height he relied on the MercedesBenz commercial recovery system which he got free throughout Europe because she was always maintained by MB, not something UK owners are offered interestingly... :(:(

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
@Larrynwin could you possibly do me a favour and check yourSafeguard T&Cs for limits on size of vehicle and time in Europe, just when you're bored and in need of some light entertainment??:)

There's nothing on their website about it and they wouldn't touch insuring RH on the VIN number before I got the UK registation so I'd kind of dismissed them as just another standard insurance company that wouldn't deal with anything out of the ordinary.

@Robin McHood will dig out policy and get back soon.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
ADAC ?

Forgot the link :giggle:
https://www.adac.de/

Ring on 0049221472747 , ask for an English speaking operative, " Haben Sie ein englischer Sprecher bitte? " & you will normally get transferred to the delightful Julia Schmidt.(y) Who can answer all your questions & sign you up.

Thanks Gus(y) I got straight through to Michael who already spoke excellent English, last time I tried they told me I couldn't join over the phone so I guess the advice is keep trying;) anyway thanks again:)

jordano

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Triango CI Cipro55
Exp
3 years
Have used ADAC for three years now called them on the way home from Spain I was taken to hospital with a virus could not help us as we had been out of the U.K. For over 92 days it was our 95th don't know if this can be extended but worth noting

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
At the moment with saga and adac, may change to Comfort and Rac commercial serves em right for welding a big stick over brexit, also jordanos experience not helping either.

Bill

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
just joined... easier than trying to get a doctors appointment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back