Chausson 510 Flash or Welcome (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
2 years back in 2009/10; resuming in 2016.
I wonder if any 510 owners can help me. I am considering buying this model as my new motorhome (I have been away from motorhoming for about 4 years) but I have a couple of concerns. First is storage and second is the comfort of the mattress on the electric drop-down bed. (And can you really leave your bedding in place with the bed in the storage position?) Answers to these questions and any pointers about the Chausson in general and the 510 in particular would be much appreciated. I'm looking to spend extended periods of time away, so we're not talking about just getting by with stuff for the weekend.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi I looked at that range and liked the look of them..If I had to choose for me it would be the 610 for the good garage which covers your point about storage..Other than that they are similar..They definitely appear to be popular at min so they got something right.
Look fwd to hearing views of people who have them..
Ta Andy.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Hello

We have the 510 and we had all the same questions.

The bed in my opinion does need a topper as the mattress is quite thin. We bought a thick one from John lewis which is lovely and comfy. The topper and duvet can stay on the bed when up. But the pillows can't. I made cushion covers for my pillows, so during the day they are cushions and just take the cover off and they are pillows. :). My daughters bedding rolls up and is stored either in the wardrobe or in a box in the gap under the sofa.

The side cupboard under the other sofa stores the hefty quattro levellers, shoes and other bits. In the tall outside cupboard, i use half in doors for clothes and the other for outside bits. I bought 3 folding crates and stack them up with stuff (it will take 4) and also have a hanging organiser on the other side. The gap between theses i store the silver screen. Stops movement and is always used on site.

I also have a bike rack with a fiamma box as can't think of any other way of storing the chairs.

Inside plenty of kitchen space, bathroom and clothes space.

I don't take the additional cushion as the lower bed is fine made up with put it. I do use the shower for clothes basket and other bits like shower shoes etc.

We have just come back from 2 weeks touring Europe with us and out two full grown daughters all managed fine. Loads of payload so brought back wine and beer:)

The 610 was not available when we bought ours, and to be honest we would have gone for that one now. At the time anything over 6m scared us. Not sure how the payload on the 610 is but Chausson are very good at payloads. The flash version is great and i wouldn't pay extra for te welcome myself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Should also add that we are planning much longer trips in ours and the feeling of space is amazing. Very comfortable van to live in :)

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
We have the new 610 flash, we use duvalays and the electric bed size is large and very comfortable, not slept on the mattress tho.
There is plenty of room in the garage for two bikes and all the tables and chairs plus more, inside plenty of room for food etc we do not have the welcome so under one seat instead of the extra BBQ pull out stove the extra room it gives is very useful. By the way we leave the duvalays on the electric bed.
So far so good.
Etap

Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
we have flash 510 2015 transit, and very happy so far. adjust the settings on the bed so it stops a little short of the roof space.Thus giving the room to leave pillows etc on bed, and t.v without it touching the roof. we were worried about the thin mattress but it is the most comfy bed we have ever used in a motorhome.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
We have a new 718 Welcome - it's very nice to be in and has more storage in the garage than most people will need. Only observation so far is the lack of enough pin sockets. I think the Welcome finish is worth the extra cost,

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
we have flash 510 2015 transit, and very happy so far. adjust the settings on the bed so it stops a little short of the roof space.Thus giving the room to leave pillows etc on bed, and t.v without it touching the roof. we were worried about the thin mattress but it is the most comfy bed we have ever used in a motorhome.

Agree that the mattress on the bed is very comfortable !!! But how did you adjust the bed to not go completely to the ceiling, there is an end of travel switch at the top end which gives the bed a reference point for the electric circuits. And also the seat belt type locking system would not reach, unless you used an extender ?

Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
Hi there is secret button between the up and down arrows...put your finger there and you will feel a dent..when bed in fully raised press and hold this button along with the up arrow until the green light comes on. On my bed you can have 3 positions. if you let me have your email will send you a copy of the instructions from chausson.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I've got the instruction and have re-programmed the bed a few times. If you look towards the ceiling above the corner of the bed near the drivers seat you will see a switch type thing hanging down. This is the end of travel limit switch. It works in conjunction with the hidden switch on the local control panel. The bed electronics need to see the end of travel switch changeover so it knows it's starting point for re-programming. I suspect it also prevents the bed from keep winding into the ceiling if the programming goes haywire. If I was wanting to have the bed hang a bit lower in the parked position I'd put an extension piece on the switch so it gets hit by the bed in a lower position.

Then you also need to extend the seatbelt buckle type safety catch to hang lower.

BTW, does Wardleyweb infer your from Wardley in Gateshead ?

Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
I think you got the same info as me there......Sorry not from Wardley...I didn't know there was such a place, as im in Yorkshire. ....but my dad did have a bike!!!

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Don't have the electric bed so its not an issue for us. Still haven't mastered the make up of the 3rd berth yet!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back