Help wanted with new technology (1 Viewer)

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi from Lucille Staging Lady.
We've not been away in the motorhome for 18 months due to extended family commitments. Now we are thinking about our trip to Italy which we had to miss last year.
Since we went away ,our old TomTom died, and we replaced it with Garmin Nuevi 2597, my laptop died , my tablet died so we have an Ipad mini4.
I had a new laptop which I hid when the grandson came to stay and now I can't find that safe place I put away from the hands of a toddler.Doh!

I want to put campsites and aires on the Garmin just like I had on TomTom.
Where is the best place to get a list of campsites and aires to put on the Garmin?
How do I put them on?
Can I put these on Ipad and will they work off line as free wifi proved non accessible in France last time?
Can you find a cure for me putting things in places 'He will never find it here'................
Lucille Staging Lady
Many Thanks

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Campercontact provide a good set of poi as do searchforsites. Both provide a description of how to do it also.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Try here: Link Removed

You can download different file formats of points of interest and there is an app for iPad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Grandson is probably smarter than you think (and you?).:whistle: He found it in seconds and now has it at home.:p

OP
OP
A

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
Well tried to do campercontact and archies but failed! need the 18 month grandson! Will have a coffee and try again later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back