Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I did point out in earlier post Phil that you were a tight bar steward. :LOL:
Must have some screwed up Yorkshire genes in my system.
Hear all, see all, say nowt,
Eat all, drink all, pay nowt.
It's a long time remember
from January to December
So hear all, see all, say nowt,
Eat all, sup all, pay nowt
And if ever tha does owt fer nowt
Always do it fer thi'sen.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The surfers are brilliant some of them professional I would hazard to guess as they take off and do somersaults and land back on the wave with everything in place and some go at breakneck speeds on big waves.
A few pictures taken a short while ago of the surfers.

View attachment 93210 View attachment 93211 View attachment 93212 View attachment 93213 View attachment 93214

Was getting confused until I saw the pictures. Kite surfers.
You'd be amazed what most who do it can do , as regards jumps ,somersaults ,etc. Last year I watched them at both Paignton, Devon & Greatstone near Dungeness, where they run a school for people to learn. Fascinating, just can't see the point though.:)

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hey Busman , have you seen any of the " Lonely Tortoises " around the site .....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Was getting confused until I saw the pictures. Kite surfers.
You'd be amazed what most who do it can do , as regards jumps ,somersaults ,etc. Last year I watched them at both Paignton, Devon & Greatstone near Dungeness, where they run a school for people to learn. Fascinating, just can't see the point though.:)
We also saw to our amazement one guy on a windsurfer take off and rotate 360 degrees and carry on, he must have rose at least 25 feet into the air. A guy here told me some of the French junior team were here training which I can well believe watching how they perform.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
trying to work out what's different between last year and this, seem to be using a lot more data cough
:wasntme::wasntme: :coolest:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Plenty of room in my dog house for any other Funster who also forgot it's Valentine's day to day.
Looks like were in for another cracking day. Yesterday, we just watched the surfers, Watched Mike's team wallop my team and had a bit of a wine o'clock.
Today's plans, watch surfers, read some more, watch England beat Italy at rugby and see off some vino collapso. Oh Yea! I have some grovelling to do !
Some more pictures of the surfers yesterday and sunset.

IMG_9719.JPG
IMG_9722.JPG
IMG_9733.JPG
IMG_9738.JPG
IMG_9742.JPG

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Plenty of room in my dog house for any other Funster who also forgot it's Valentine's day to day.
Looks like were in for another cracking day. Yesterday, we just watched the surfers, Watched Mike's team wallop my team and had a bit of a wine o'clock.
Today's plans, watch surfers, read some more, watch England beat Italy at rugby and see off some vino collapso. Oh Yea! I have some grovelling to do !
Some more pictures of the surfers yesterday and sunset.

View attachment 93388 View attachment 93389 View attachment 93390 View attachment 93392 View attachment 93393
I'm sure it's not the first time you've been it the cathouse, sorry, doghouse Phil, anyhow make sure it doesn't lick your face!:D;)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@PhilandMena Re: Irfanview.

Load your photo in via File/Open then click on Images tab. Go to resize and change the width to, say 450 pixels. Don't touch anything else as it's automatic when you click finish. Then save the result; I save all my resized photos to a new folder so that I can keep the originals - resizing reduces some of the quality (not enough to see on the forum) which can't be reversed by increasing the size.

You then end up with a perfectly acceptable piccie that doesn't eat your bandwidth and take ages to download.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi

Has anyone managed to get a propane refill in Agadir/ Tiznit area?

We ve got a french propane bottle and it says in the french morocco book that theres a place on the tafraoute road out of tiznit. Has anyone tried it?

We ve been having gas issues the last 2 days, similar to what we had last trip, and have by a process of elimination worked out that our van does not like butane. It wont let us run more than one appliance on butane as it throws the secumotion button out. If we re connect to propane the problem goes away - trouble is we ve only got a bout 6kgs of propane left.

At Erkounte park at present, lovely balmy day - 20c sunny a bit blowy but not too bad.

Jon & Sue

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
We asked Mustafa in Agadir to refill with propane our large Gaslow bottle in 2014. They took it to Marrakesh overnight and returned following day. Price was 200MAD

colin

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
Major sand storm here in Mergouza for the last couple of hours. Hope it blows over soon as its too hot sitting in van with windows closed.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
A very romantic (not) Valentines Day here in Tafarout. Spent the day cleaning the van Windows and the cutlery/utentils drawers, then into town for orange juice and freshly cooked doughnuts. Now having a class of fizz before dinner.

Oh and Colin completely flunked out on even a card for Valentines so he/I bought myself a second pair of shoes whilst walking around town.......that will teach him! ::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Major sand storm here in Mergouza for the last couple of hours. Hope it blows over soon as its too hot sitting in van with windows closed.

Been windy and dust storms here all day in Agdz:( Had planned to move on to Zagora tomorrow but according to forecast looks like it will be windy there too:(:(

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
@PhilandMena Re: Irfanview.

Load your photo in via File/Open then click on Images tab. Go to resize and change the width to, say 450 pixels. Don't touch anything else as it's automatic when you click finish. Then save the result; I save all my resized photos to a new folder so that I can keep the originals - resizing reduces some of the quality (not enough to see on the forum) which can't be reversed by increasing the size.

You then end up with a perfectly acceptable piccie that doesn't eat your bandwidth and take ages to download.
Will do ! Thank you for the guidance.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A very romantic (not) Valentines Day here in Tafarout. Spent the day cleaning the van Windows and the cutlery/utentils drawers, then into town for orange juice and freshly cooked doughnuts. Now having a class of fizz before dinner.

Oh and Colin completely flunked out on even a card for Valentines so he/I bought myself a second pair of shoes whilst walking around town.......that will teach him! ::bigsmile:
Time to ditch him! You have only been married a few months too. If it's any consoation Mike Makem and I are in the same boat, but and it's a big but we got sweet F all ether today ? What did you get your hubby by the way !!

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
A very romantic (not) Valentines Day here in Tafarout. Spent the day cleaning the van Windows and, then into town for orange juice and freshly cooked doughnuts. Now having a glass of fizz before dinner. ::bigsmile:

Had our bottle of Cremant this morning. The pop of the cork turned a few heads at 10.30!
Then strutted (staggered) to town where I treated the bird to a platter of chicken & chips at the Hotel, not the chicken shack before you shout cheapskate!

After topping up the veg supply and stopping for a coffee we picked up a donut 'tween us for the walk back.

Not one to skimp, I then spoiled the lass with a bowl of slop from the mobile soup kitchen for supper.

Beat that.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Had our bottle of Cremant this morning. The pop of the cork turned a few heads at 10.30!
Then strutted (staggered) to town where I treated the bird to a platter of chicken & chips at the Hotel, not the chicken shack before you shout cheapskate!

After topping up the veg supply and stopping for a coffee we picked up a donut 'tween us for the walk back.

Not one to skimp, I then spoiled the lass with a bowl of slop from the mobile soup kitchen for supper.

Beat that.
Cricky, you pushed the boat out!

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Hi
We ve been having gas issues the last 2 days, similar to what we had last trip, and have by a process of elimination worked out that our van does not like butane. It wont let us run more than one appliance on butane as it throws the secumotion button out. If we re connect to propane the problem goes away - trouble is we ve only got a bout 6kgs of propane left

Jon & Sue

Jon just a thought but might you need a differant regulator maybe for butane ??? I admit I know nothing tho
Dave

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Hi Dave

I think your right, even though the Alde blurb say that its supposed to run on either - after a lot of googling and talking to other campers, it appears that the propane is a higher pressure in the bottle than Butane and for some reason my regulator doesn't like the lower pressure.

I think there is possibly an underlying issue with the regulator that will require further attention.

However, I have been told that Camping Bakanou (Tifnit) can get bottles filled with propane. Ive spoken to them and they confirm and as they are very close to the Afriquia gas depot at Sidi Bibi I'm going to give it a go and see how we get on with it.

cheers

Jon

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Dave

I think your right, even though the Alde blurb say that its supposed to run on either - after a lot of googling and talking to other campers, it appears that the propane is a higher pressure in the bottle than Butane and for some reason my regulator doesn't like the lower pressure.

I think there is possibly an underlying issue with the regulator that will require further attention.

However, I have been told that Camping Bakanou (Tifnit) can get bottles filled with propane. Ive spoken to them and they confirm and as they are very close to the Afriquia gas depot at Sidi Bibi I'm going to give it a go and see how we get on with it.

cheers

Jon

Keep us posted on that please(y)

WanderingWolves

Free Member
Mar 8, 2014
Penkridge. Staffs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Dave

cheers

Jon
Hi Jon, I AM NO EXPERT ON YOUR PROBLEM BUT our present van was fitted with a Truma regulator
we had a problem where only one appliance could be used. Replaced Truma regulator and it was perfect again. Last year in Morocco had the same problem again running on propane with the one year old Truma regulator. So, I disconnected and disregarded the regulator and as a trial bought a cheap TURKEY regulator from one of the markets. A length of blue plastic gas pipe and some jubilee clips. Piped it up and ran it on a red Afriquia gas bottle 13 Kg bought in Tafroute. Have exchanged the bottle three times and as of today had no problems at all. I shall be in Tafroute tomorrow if you want to have a look at mine, you are more than welcome.
P.S. The regulators cost about 2 quid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back