• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Rapido 996m (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Or very similar, MUST be auto...

There's only one at a dealer on the web at the moment and I've been to see that, it's ok but seeing if there's anything else out there....?

Anybody selling or know of anyone...?

Cash waiting.....(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think I am right saying that the "m" is single wheel RWD Merc where the "mh" would the heavy so better payload and twin wheels on the rear axle, a better option in my opinion.

Martin

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Absolutely correct Martin the MH denotes Merc with heavier twin rear wheel chassis.

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
There is about 10 for sale in France. A few autos for sale
Little taster for you
Broken Link Removed

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I wouldn't fixate too much on the Merc chassis.

I'd take an Alko on a Fiat base every time.

But the OP said "MUST be auto" so unless you call the FIAT robotised manual an auto it's not an option, and I would take twin rear wheel RWD any day over front, I would go for the heavy though.

Martin

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
But the OP said "MUST be auto" so unless you call the FIAT robotised manual an auto it's not an option, and I would take twin rear wheel RWD any day over front, I would go for the heavy though.

Martin

Missed the auto bit (y)

I've never had a problem with front wheel drive though. Even in churned up festival swamps it's never even slipped once.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Martin

Think you will find that Garry has limited options..so the merc cab layout is what he is looking for ..Roy

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Thanks for the input guys.... But yes I am restricted to auto and would like the handbrake on the left of the driving seat...

This is because I have amputations on both legs and will need to get hand controls fitted which is a simple system called "push/pull hand controls" they are bolt on/ bolt off and take about 4-5 hours to fit and cost about £500, been driving like this for over 30yrs and can drive anything upto 7.5t as long as controls fitted (grandad rights) the controls are on the right side of the steering wheel hence operating the handbrake while pulling the lever (accelerate) on hill starts.... This is all not as dodgy as it sounds and is an easy way to drive....:confused:

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
That's the thing with these big long termers - they're often very 'lived in'.
I've stepped into a few and thought 'the last owner got their money's worth' :LOL:

I seem to remember another funster buying one for around 35k, so they must be out there....

Soon be spring and folk will start advertising again (y)

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I think I am right saying that the "m" is single wheel RWD Merc where the "mh" would the heavy so better payload and twin wheels on the rear axle, a better option in my opinion.

Martin

The "H" would be good as I'll probably be loaded ..(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
An absolute necessity in my book, the extra two wheels will give more grip and stop it sinking when it gets a bit sticky, and the extra payload(y)

We looked at a 996m before we bought the Flair, I had already decided that if we were having a 996 it had to be the h version, the salesman was so keen to sell it he said he would give us a guaranteed buy back price if we wanted to change in 6 months time for the h version or a Flair, we were only going to loose £6k in 6months, bargain NOT.

I don't think we have lost that in 4 years on the used Flair that we bought instead and still have.

Good luck with your search.

Martin

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
We have a 995m which has double forward facing bench with belts. From the photos does the 996m have belted passenger seats?
We have air suspension and have updated to 4t and never had any grip problems with the rear wheel drive.good luck with search.

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We have a 995m which has double forward facing bench with belts. From the photos does the 996m have belted passenger seats?
We have air suspension and have updated to 4t and never had any grip problems with the rear wheel drive.good luck with search.

The 996m just has the two bench seats either side so although it's a four berth it only has two belted seats.
The 997m has an L shaped bench behind the passenger seat that has two belts forward facing and we wouldn't say no to one like this as well ...

I would look at anything similar, Rapido or not, looked at a few and just like the Rapido.. Want garage, fixed bed, separate loo/shower and good size lounge for around 35k...

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
the dfh stands for double floor heavy

Are you sure about that?

The h is definitely for heavy but the way is was explained to me is that the F stands for Fiat (Merc ones are always M) and the d (or whatever other letter) denotes the bed arrangement.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Are you sure about that?

The h is definitely for heavy but the way is was explained to me is that the F stands for Fiat (Merc ones are always M) and the d (or whatever other letter) denotes the bed arrangement.
im assuming that the dealer knows his stuff:) and that the translation between glaswegian and belgian english is correct;) ,the guy told us that the DFH is double floor heavy,the Rapido brochure states the double floor part as a part of their sales pitch(y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
im assuming that the dealer knows his stuff:) and that the translation between glaswegian and belgian english is correct;) ,the guy told us that the DFH is double floor heavy,the Rapido brochure states the double floor part as a part of their sales pitch(y)

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that my dealer didn't know his stuff :rolleyes:

I've had a look through the 2014 catalogue from when I bought mine and had a browse.

The H definitely means heavy so ignore that.

It does look like all of the dF models are double floor but, confusingly, not all of the double floor or Al-Ko models are dF o_O

It looks to me like yours is pretty similar to ours (9090dF) apart from you have the extra bed in the dining area. Good choice (y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The D stands for "Don't" the F stands for "Flaunt" in front of "HIM"....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Im looking forward to seeing yours ,can your modifications work with a LHD? why dont you give Decupers of Belgium a look at? ,the dealer speaks good english ,we were chatting about WW1 etc

on a different level,i had a mate who had a modified motorcycle for the same reasons as your self

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that my dealer didn't know his stuff :rolleyes:

I've had a look through the 2014 catalogue from when I bought mine and had a browse.

The H definitely means heavy so ignore that.

It does look like all of the dF models are double floor but, confusingly, not all of the double floor or Al-Ko models are dF o_O

It looks to me like yours is pretty similar to ours (9090dF) apart from you have the extra bed in the dining area. Good choice (y)

does your 9090df have the drop ear coach mirrors?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
does your 9090df have the drop ear coach mirrors?

IMG_0040 (1).jpg

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Im looking forward to seeing yours ,can your modifications work with a LHD? why dont you give Decupers of Belgium a look at? ,the dealer speaks good english ,we were chatting about WW1 etc

on a different level,i had a mate who had a modified motorcycle for the same reasons as your self

Yes.... Doesn't matter if lhd or rhd.... Although I wanted the handbrake on the opposite side to the seat from the push/pull hand controls As it would be simpler to control but have since found out that I can have an electric handbrake fitted, but that is a £800 option that I would rather not take..

I'd go for a lhd but as other half will be driving now and again she won't..!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back