New Benimars (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hi Ray , just got mmm so will have a look , I think the problem is the island bed just hang on slats into the garage area and that is not the warmest place in the world :) but thanks I will go and have a read or move somewhere warmer.

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Hi vanderek I got a 202 as well had a problem with fridge not working on electric and gel cracking on over cab and marquis have very good at getting them sorted . I have read either on benimar owners site or magazine that they had problems with cold spots on over cab ask marquis to look at when it was in but they said it a long job , as we were going away Xmas thought this would be a good test as heating will be on .we did get a bit of condensation up in the cubby holes moved things out and seamed to go away,on our last day moved to dump station and when I jumped in van to go water run out ot spot light on drivers side, and when we stared to move came out of other side,I don't think its a leak but insulation issues so phoned Monday booked in following Monday, but I must say i am very pleased with the van ,I went to world of water and got grey plastic pipe and fitting and directed my waste to the side .ps must change my avatar !

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Hi all,
glad I found this.... we are thinking of changing our van and the and happened to see one of these vehicles with a drop down bed at a reasonable price. Looking for a 4 berth, was advised the 202 may be an option but we were concerned with storeage, chairs/tables and odds and sods @Vanderek I see you have one of these, what do you think ?

I think the problem is the island bed just hang on slats into the garage area
@Tezza the brochure I have the 286 has a drop down bed, it is the 294 with the island. We are also looking at the 286... does it have an island bed, do I have a 'duff' brochure ? :think:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Hi Lam

The 286 does have the drop down bed and is very easy to use and surprisingly comfy with the supplied mattress, although we did buy a duvalay mattress for the last van so we use this instead.
Very good storage, good lounging, the table folds away and is stored in the garage, heating is very good, so far the van is behaving itself and everything is working as it should.
If I had to criticise I would say the seat cushions are very firm but will soften in time, I hope.
If you would like to come and see mine you are more then welcome.

Tezza

Reactions: LAM

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We have a 202 agree about the firm seats, also there was hardly any insulation around overhead cab area this caused condensation issues, its now sorted and fine.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Hi all,
glad I found this.... we are thinking of changing our van and the and happened to see one of these vehicles with a drop down bed at a reasonable price. Looking for a 4 berth, was advised the 202 may be an option but we were concerned with storage, chairs/tables and odds and sods @Vanderek I see you have one of these, what do you think ?

Hi LAM Yes I too have the 202 - We have had it since Nov 2014 it was one of the first delivered - in 2015 we did 59 nights away in total including South of France in the summer and Amsterdam in September. It probably would be tight with four sleeping as the lower bed is underneath the drop down. We lower the bed to above the table height and have not used the ladder , but have a two step that folds away and is easy to step on and off. The lower under wardrobe area has now got a four drawer chest we bought in the Range. In the tall side locker I have shelved so as to get some items stored up high. In the summer we take chairs http://www.kampa.co.uk/relaxers/comfort-tuscany that fold and lay on their sides in front of belted travel seats - when on site these chairs can stand in the shower. Gas locker with one 6kg cylinder has room for hoses and I have put a shelf above the cylinder. The side under seat locker takes ramps and cables cans, bottles for europe etc
Above the kitchen units we have some storage trays from Lakeland for lightweight items.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry my response to LAM was inside the quote...
Hi LAM Yes I too have the 202 - We have had it since Nov 2014 it was one of the first delivered - in 2015 we did 59 nights away in total including South of France in the summer and Amsterdam in September. It probably would be tight with four sleeping as the lower bed is underneath the drop down. We lower the bed to above the table height and have not used the ladder , but have a two step that folds away and is easy to step on and off. The lower under wardrobe area has now got a four drawer chest we bought in the Range. In the tall side locker I have shelved so as to get some items stored up high. In the summer we take chairs http://www.kampa.co.uk/relaxers/comfort-tuscany that fold and lay on their sides in front of belted travel seats - when on site these chairs can stand in the shower. Gas locker with one 6kg cylinder has room for hoses and I have put a shelf above the cylinder. The side under seat locker takes ramps and cables cans, bottles for europe etc
Above the kitchen units we have some storage trays from Lakeland for lightweight items.
D.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Just remember the 2016 models like ours have a spare wheel and a jack in the lower wardrobe which from the factory fills it just about up,
I have removed the jack and store it in the gas locket with one Safefill 10 kilo refillable bottle this reclaims half the lower wardrobe space.
Also had the 3 corner shelves fitted with tambour doors this gets the corner locker from the earlier models back.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Thank you all, very helpful. @Tezza Thank you, you appear very happy with your model. I was becoming concerned re the cold temperature conversation on this thread and was confused re the models :confused:. I like that the table can be moved, looking for a reasonable seating space but it sounds like they are quite heavy and too large for the area ?
Although we aren't in the habit of taking 'the kitchen sink' on journeys, in our current MH we have to store some things (usually during winter) in the hab area and would like enough space, in a garage to accommodate the outside furniture, etc.
We love our current van (our 1st) but have had some 'issues' with it which has knocked the confidence so looking for another and want to get it right this time, all this Motorhome buying is expensive :eek: !
@Vanderek thank you for your reply, wow, you are really putting your new van 'through it's paces'. Hope you had a great time

:Ta2:

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Well some good news, my V5 came back with no queries so the Van now weighs 3650kg, thank goodness a bit more payload, also, a nice refund of £30something for the taxation change.
We bought some wardrobe dehumidifier bags from Tuffins in Churchstoke, not seen this type before, clear bag with crystals in the top half and the water collects in the bottom half of the bag so far I'm on the second one, it's amazing just how much water they collect, but better in the bag than in the van.
Anyone got anything to report on the vans?

I have found my windscreen seems to condensate a lot more than the old van.
Not driven it since the New Year, can't get if off my wife, for someone who didn't want a bigger van, she's never out of it, I am allowed to wash it and i'm thinking of taking it to a car park and practice parking it for later in the year when we go off.

Tezza

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Well some good news, my V5 came back with no queries so the Van now weighs 3650kg, thank goodness a bit more payload, also, a nice refund of £30something for the taxation change.
We bought some wardrobe dehumidifier bags from Tuffins in Churchstoke, not seen this type before, clear bag with crystals in the top half and the water collects in the bottom half of the bag so far I'm on the second one, it's amazing just how much water they collect, but better in the bag than in the van.
Anyone got anything to report on the vans?

I have found my windscreen seems to condensate a lot more than the old van.
Not driven it since the New Year, can't get if off my wife, for someone who didn't want a bigger van, she's never out of it, I am allowed to wash it and i'm thinking of taking it to a car park and practice parking it for later in the year when we go off.

Tezza
I find it very strange that we increase the weight of our vans and the tax goes down , not complaining though. Not had any problems with condensation Tezza but we have been away most weekends since we got it and I do leave the heating on very low when we are not away ,so far so good . I have fitted some mirror guards as they do seem to stick out a very very long way and it's only a matter of time. When you are at that car park you will be able to set the compass in the radio/sat nav I believe you have to drive in a figure of 8 for a few times to calibrate it.:)

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
On my last van and and my 202 always have silversceens on when away and when parked on the drive never had condensation on the screen they are worth every penny (y)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hi Howard I never have my heating on when not in use
Hi Jamwitt I know I shouldn't put the heating on when the the vans not in use but as it's still new and we are still like kids around it , we still find any excuse to go and sit in it on the drive and it's nicer when it's warm sad I know :)

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Howard

Now I'm intrigued, what is the compass for?
I did use the sat nav whilst in Taunton to see if it worked, I'm an old fashioned Map user, I went from Van Bitz to Chelston, (so knew the way just in case).

I fitted the mirror guards when we had her, bought them from Chelston when trying the Sat Nav, also, bought some reflective tape to go on the back of them to make them stand out a bit more in the dark.

On Saturday I fitted a set of front mud flaps, bought them off Ebay, new set, Fiat brand £48 so saved a few quid.
We have a set of Silver screens but the van is used everyday (by the wife) so not practical to put them on, we do when we are away, although I must say they don't seem to fit this van properly, the first time out we had water coming in over the door. I asked Taylormade if the screens were different for the 2016 models and their reply was "slightly" but if water is getting in, then my door seals were at fault, told them it was a brand new van, but not interested really.
We then tried them without fastening the flaps that make the door pocket and no water, so now unsure what to do in the future, buy a new set or go for the other Silver screens.
Also, the sliver screen that came with the van is a great frost protector, cant see it lasting in any sort of windy conditions but for frost it was great.

T

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Never had water come on my elddis but have on the fiat just make sure there not tucked in at the top of the door ,and they should be fine .
Howard don't blame you for getting the most out of your van ,I'm just waiting for mine to get approved for warranty work on the over head cab condensation not insulated,when I brought mine it was £1000 extra for winterisation

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Howard

Now I'm intrigued, what is the compass for?
I did use the sat nav whilst in Taunton to see if it worked, I'm an old fashioned Map user, I went from Van Bitz to Chelston, (so knew the way just in case).

I fitted the mirror guards when we had her, bought them from Chelston when trying the Sat Nav, also, bought some reflective tape to go on the back of them to make them stand out a bit more in the dark.

On Saturday I fitted a set of front mud flaps, bought them off Ebay, new set, Fiat brand £48 so saved a few quid.
We have a set of Silver screens but the van is used everyday (by the wife) so not practical to put them on, we do when we are away, although I must say they don't seem to fit this van properly, the first time out we had water coming in over the door. I asked Taylormade if the screens were different for the 2016 models and their reply was "slightly" but if water is getting in, then my door seals were at fault, told them it was a brand new van, but not interested really.
We then tried them without fastening the flaps that make the door pocket and no water, so now unsure what to do in the future, buy a new set or go for the other Silver screens.
Also, the sliver screen that came with the van is a great frost protector, cant see it lasting in any sort of windy conditions but for frost it was great.

T
The compass is in the settings of the radio /sat nav and is a proper digital compass just a gimmick I know but you never know might be of some use to someone but you do have to drive around an empty car park a few times to calibrate it ,you do get a few funny looks though:). I in the process of buying a set of screen covers as the original one is useless I think I will go for silver screen. Your mud flaps sound like a good idea.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
We noticed that the bottom sides of the van were getting stinking with all this rubbish weather, so had to get the front guards, wife just informed me that there was no muddy marks or splashes down the side of the van this morning so mud flaps working already.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Hi Howard

Which way did you go after on the Sliver screens, Silver Screen or Taylormade?

T

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hi Tezza its seems there is not much in either of the two makes but I think I will go for the silver screen ones . I am going to the caravan show at the NEC at the end of this month and hopefully they have a stand there and see them in the flesh .

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Following this thread with interest, as we are waiting delivery of our new Benimar Mileo 286, it is due on the 23rd Feb. I know the table is a bit of a problem, but we can remove that and replace it with a smaller one.

Hopefully none of us will have any problems.

DelMar.

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
A washing machine pipe may help with the draining problem, obtainable from plumbers merchants, as for the table, this could be left behind and substituted with one of the larger aluminium tables. Therefore improving the payload and for use outside. The 286 payload is 370kg, unless a sun awning is fitted, the weight of which would need to be deducted. I believe the 294 payload is 320kg. Free options to increase the payload is obviously available.
If like me, anyone over seventy, will have to watch the payload carefully. Depending on the type of license held.

DelMar.

Can't wait for mine to arrive

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
No major problems with the benimar up to now we are getting use to the table and don't see it as a problem any more . Keep us informed how you like your new van I think you will love it (y)

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
We can't wait for ours to arrive, getting more excited each day. It has been a long wait since October's NEC show.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
We ordered ours at the NEC and where told we would not get it to Jan /Feb but got a call in Dec to say it had arrived .we where that excited we where like kids at Christmas :)

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Hey Delmar, at last a fellow 286 owner has appeared where in South Wales are you, not that I am going to camp on your door step so don't get worried?

We still haven't used ours to camp since the new year, starting to get withdrawal symptoms now, but only 5 and a half weeks before we go to Scotland, so rearing to go now.

Going to Tewksbury tomorrow to have our carpet fixed, rather than send for a new one, it seems Marquis can replace the floor poppers on site, then off to Fiat in Chepstow next Saturday as there's a recall on the ignition system.

T

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Hi Tezza, we live approx 6 miles from Swansea. I think from one of your posts you live in Gwent.
At the NEC we were told delivery would be end of March, as they would be starting building them in February.
Latest delivery I now have is 23rd Feb. Two other couples also bought the 286 the same time as us, one of them from Carmarthen, so they will be going to Tewkesbury to collect theirs as well.

Re carpet, if I were you I would leave them up and buy rugs instead, our experience with carpets is they soon get messed up. We buy suitable sized rugs from a guy in Llanelli market, they wear well and you can chuck them in the washing machine. Also easier to brush outside when needed.

DelMar.

m8form8

Free Member
Mar 3, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Benimar 243
Exp
We have just got a new 243 and joined this forum to read up as heard one or two benimar owners were on here. Have joined owners forum but it seems a bit dead. So far have not been pleased with Marquis who did an awful job fitting an awning on new motor home in the wrong place to my mind. Result is we shall have 4 holes in a new van we did not need. After a week away and now having a 1000 miles on the clock, we also find habitation door hard to open from the outside. Also find waste water outlet is needing a diversion pipe for discrete use in UK. Our sunroof is badly fitted by benimar and has a corner screw falling out as frame was put on cock eyed, meaning it is too short to stay in. Not very happy with door lock on toilet door as it has just holds on edge of (MDF covered ?) frame. Any others not got a return plate to door on toilet compartment?
We also find the seats especially driving ones rather hard so have ordered coordinating dark brown colour L shaped garden seat cushions to go on top making them softer and also providing a bit of dog protection. Not noticed anything else much, usual plastic caps coming off and push studs to ventilator were found on the floor and returned to holes.
Are we pleased with it? The layout is good for us but do find table a bit fiddly and need to move drivers seat to sit at it. Not used fitted carpets and like Del think removable matts probably better especially with a muddy dog on board. Based near Brighton, but were off to Greece next week in new van, hopefully having had issues dealt with by Marquis tomorrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back