ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I know you moved on Ian, i was just agreeing with other posters views of this site/area and explaining why I suggested it to you. Pulpi looks nice enjoy granada, that is if you don't change your mind along the way:LOL:
Oh and why did you have to mention wind, its getting up very blustery here now thanks!
View attachment 93101
PAT
Hi pat. To be honest if I could have stayed I might have. But to be honest I didn't want to hang about!! Sod the boiler!! And the bird in Iceland !! ( I couldn't find it agai anyway) lol.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
You seem to be rushing here there and everywhere.
Slow down, no rush to get back to UK.
5 degrees last night lol
and snow forecast for wales and parts of england,

all this rushing is no good for stress or fuel consumption. the spanish principle of manyana(sp?) is better for a relaxing tour in the van

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
When you are on the mway just before Portugal, it's worth taking a detour to the coast, various seaside towns, nearly all deserted this time of the year, but beachs for miles, but worth it just to see, it's mostly holiday flats with no one in them, but useualy some nice little bars open for the locals, Isla Christina is one that comes to mind, plenty space to park.
We are at Isla Christina and the place does not have much going for it in our book, we might check out the beach opposite the campsite in the morning, the town is full of dog S--t and you need to watch your step constantly, far better stopping at El Rocio on the way to Portugal, the camp site is good if you want facilities or park in the town for €1 apparently.

Seville is good and the camping stop areas Autocaravanas is fine and pretty handy for the town it's on campercontact.

Martin

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We are at Isla Christina and the place does not have much going for it in our book, we might check out the beach opposite the campsite in the morning, the town is full of dog S--t and you need to watch your step constantly, far better stopping at El Rocio on the way to Portugal, the camp site is good if you want facilities or park in the town for €1 apparently.

Seville is good and the camping stop areas Autocaravanas is fine and pretty handy for the town it's on campercontact.

Martin
I was only saying it's worth a stop just to see the deserted beachs, and empty flats along them, it must be teeming with people in summer and now not a soul, maybe better places it's just the name that came to mind:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None

Martin

I'm gonna have to get that camper contact Martin. But just surviving is all I can manage at the moment !! Lol

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ian

Yes you are.

I have found this camper site on CamperContact:

Area de Autocaravanas de Sevilla
Broken Link Removed

Regards
Martin

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
When heading to Portugal, just past Seville on the main road, make a detour left down to El Rocio, it's about 26 km/miles South from memory, but well worth a visit, whilst you are in the area. There is a campsite, but we camped right in the town, underneath the sign that says no motorhome parking. There were a few other vans there, only stayed the one night.

We have gone north to Castelo Branco at the moment, left the campsite for a few days to have a look at some properties. Will be back middle of next week. Hope you will look us up when you eventually get to Portugal. Be great to catch up again.

There is a good motorhome service place not far from where we are if you are interested in getting some things looked at.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Morning all. Ok I hope? I had a lovely big spaghetti bolognase last night and hit the sack at about 10,30. Well I woke up at 3,30 am and I was bloody starving! So I cooked myself bacon and eggs! Just as lovely!!

I left pulpi at about 9,30 had a lovely leasurely drive to mojaca until I got to the roundabout!! Well I missed the sign left to carbonara or wherever to the beaches and went right into town !! Well poor old helga has never done so much work in her life( yet) bless her. We climbed up and up and finally came to the top of the town! It was tight for helga, it was a beautiful view but we were totally in the wrong place!! I had to do a u turn in quite a confined space and what with the cycle rack down it was hairy, UNTILL. A lovely spaniard with his family knocked on helga and then all of them proceeded to watch me back and with instructions entirely in Spanish we were facing the right direction!!

So when I said Thankyou I saw one of the ladies had a bag and a big towell!! Where are you going I asked?? Playa, playa they said , now I think I know enough Spanish to understand beach!! Bonus I thought so I said Me playa too ! Well they must have thought it was an invite, they got all excited and about 7 of them appeared and all were very pleased with me??? It turns out they thought I had offered to take them down to the beach!! Well what could I do??? Brace yourself helga I said and opened the side door!!

Well they all piled in, they were on the sofa the chairs one was even sitting on the dining table!!! It gets better !!!

Well the road down was a mass of twists and turns, the two that were on the seat next to me where telling me where to go but every time I turned a corner the bloke on the dining table behind me kept sliding off!! One min he was on his mates lap the. He'd climb off get back on the table with a huff and then the next min he was on another ones lap!!

Well they were laughing at him more and more as we came down the hill , they were nearly crying, lots of shouting was heard, lots of laughter and a few Spanish swear words I reckon !!

Well we got to the beach wich is where I am now and they have just all left, lots of kissing of cheek , loads of tissues for their tears of laughter and even the bloke that did all the sliding was laughing in the end!! These Spanish do know how to enjoy themselves don't they!!

Anyway now I'm parked facing the beach and sea ( see pic) and I think it's lovely here!! One night will do me because tomorrow I'm going to need a site for a bit of washing and emptying out!! I am going for a nice long walk now and prob more food! ( I'm getting hungry a lot lately). So speak later, have a good day!!! Lolol you should have seen the old boys face when he was sliding about!!! Lolol. Xxxx Ian and helga. Xx.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
image.jpg My view for the day and night from helga!! Bloody lovely!! Xx

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
My brain cant associate going to the beach with the month being February and the rain hitting my office window!
Good to hear you are entertaining the locals, no doubt they are busy telling their mates about the crazy Englishman! :LOL:
Have a great day Ian.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Have a good day you two!! Isn't it windy!! X

Sorry @ianthebuilder could not reply as moved to wild camping spot at playa Carolina and have not had wifi. Yes it was bloody windy, put a whole new meaning to wild camping.
However we had a great spot facing east and could watch the sun come from our bed.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
My brain cant associate going to the beach with the month being February and the rain hitting my office window!
Good to hear you are entertaining the locals, no doubt they are busy telling their mates about the crazy Englishman! :LOL:
Have a great day Ian.
No mate. I struggle with the thought too! Then I wake up and there it is!! A beach!! It's a bloody nightmare!! Lol

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ian

As Nigel @sundowner says the campsite at El Rocio is great for visiting the town, the likes of which you will not have seen yet. The washing facilities are fine and the tumble drier works well if the sun is not out, actually it also works when the sun is out but you get my drift.

There is even a wash point if Helga needs a spruce up.

If you are a birdwatcher (feathered variety) it's a couple of miles down the road to the national park visitor centre and the are some bird watching hides and you can see lots of water type birds and some big birds of prey as well, we saw Marsh Harriers over the water but also Spoonbill and Flamingo's a amongst others on the near in town.

Good for honing your mountain bike sand riding skills as well.

Camping La Aldea

GPS
N 37.142262
W 6.489320

Martin

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
When heading to Portugal, just past Seville on the main road, make a detour left down to El Rocio, it's about 26 km/miles South from memory, but well worth a visit, whilst you are in the area. There is a campsite, but we camped right in the town, underneath the sign that says no motorhome parking. There were a few other vans there, only stayed the one night.

We have gone north to Castelo Branco at the moment, left the campsite for a few days to have a look at some properties. Will be back middle of next week. Hope you will look us up when you eventually get to Portugal. Be great to catch up again.

There is a good motorhome service place not far from where we are if you are interested in getting some things looked at.

Nigel and Pamala
Hello you two!! Yes I would like to catch you both!! The caravan place sounds a bit of alright too. How much longer you there? Have I got time to do Granada and Seville for a few days each??

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Right here we are again and I am now going to say my bit !!! To be perfectly honest I have seen enough Spanish half inhabited seaside towns, I have had about 300 coffees, 1 ton of cake, I have walked for bloody miles up and down deserted beaches stopping only to wee and drink more coffee!! I am thoroughly enjoying Spain but I am going to see the city side of life now!! So Granada first, I will head there tomorrow!! Slowly!! Then I will stay for I hope about 3 days I'm sure there's loads to see! And I like to explore the dingier sides of towns. That's where the real life is!! So at the moment I have done the seaside to death and the next time I see the sea I hope it will be from Portugal !! So Granada first then Seville. I havnt heard anything negative about either so I hope it will be a good experience!!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
As one or two of us have remarked in the last day or two, slow down , stay a while , relax, or you are going to end up like another poster today, all spained out, you will be wanting to get the trowel out before long.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Make sure you see the Alhambra Ian, particularly the Court of the Lions. It is so beautiful and it's appropriate to see Moorish art at present to remind us that not everything Islamic is bad. The gardens of the Generaliffe are stunning too.

After Seville where you can see the fabulous Alcazar and Christopher Columbus's tomb (brilliant), head to Jerez and take a tour of the Gonzalez Byass sherry factory. It's very interesting to see the vats of sherry belonging to celebrities etc. You can also see a performance of the Andalusian School of Equitation which is fascinating, and then drive on to the ocean at Cadiz (or go on the train from Jerez). Such a lot to see and do, I'm envious, it's all lovely!

Catherine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back