Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
If all the people planning to do the NC500, who I have read about on here and on facebook, actually do go there's going to be some mighty crowded roads in N Scotland this summer.
I hope you have fun but remember many of the main roads in the Highlands are single track roads so getting past other vehicles could be interesting.
Also remember the passing places are not lay-bys to be stopped in, other than to let other traffic pass.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If all the people planning to do the NC500, who I have read about on here and on facebook, actually do go there's going to be some mighty crowded roads in N Scotland this summer.
I hope you have fun but remember many of the main roads in the Highlands are single track roads so getting past other vehicles could be interesting.
Also remember the passing places are not lay-bys to be stopped in, other than to let other traffic pass.
Hi Keith
Are you suggesting postponing until next year?
I hate crowds...

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
No Robert, but I think there has been a fantastic reception to the idea, and why not it's set to be one of the best ideas to come from Scotland (After Scotch Whiskey of course).
My thought was that someone not used to the roads of Scotland may find the Highland roads little different from the usual A roads they encounter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Wow you're going to be in bother spelling whisky that way. From Scotland as well.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Keith
Thanks for the 'heads up'
Some of the places we've been to in Italy, Norway and Spain, you'd struggle to get a cigarette paper between the side of our MH and the sides of the road
Tight spaces and narrow roads don't phase me.
Appreciate your feedback !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
What I think Keith is saying...The roads will be busy this summer and so will the advertised stopovers. Inside info is the key:sneaky:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Worth emphasising your last point, use the passing spaces to allow faster traffic, especially folk like the postbody, to overtake.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back