Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
Just had the habitation check done on my nearly 3 year old Elddis. Found a small patch of damp on the back wall by the toilet. Honest not me and I do shut the lid. It is at the very bottom and reads just under 25%, although 2 inches higher it is 15%. The person undertaking the test believed that the seal around the bumper didn't look good and re sealed it. He made a note of this on the check. He believes that this should now dry out and not be an issue. I have a 6 year anti water ingress guarantee on the Motorhome and assume that Elddis wouldn't take any action given the small locality. I am making an assumption that if it became worse then Elddis would have to stump up the cost of repair, based on the fact that it is an approved service agent who completed the check, any ideas appreciated if I should just forget it for now

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If it is just a seal failure then resealing should work. It did on our, rather older, Burstner.

It would be worth keeping complete documentation (and perhaps even informing Elddis) just in case of further problems.

OP
OP
Cliffy38

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
Just phoned Elddis, and they aren't concerned, just need to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse invoke the 6 year anti water ingress warranty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
Cliffy38

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
I have sent them an e-mail detailing the issue, lets see if they respond

OP
OP
Cliffy38

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
So a different response every time I speak to Elddis. This time was you need to take to the local agent and get them to progress the claim through warranty. So that will be happening

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back