Free parking lancaster (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I am possibly going over to Lancaster this week my work drags me over that way is there any good free parking or pub stops
bill

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
No such thing as free in Lancaster I'm afraid; they charge for even half an hour. Your best bet is to find a pub that will allow you to overnight as there are no car parks that permit this even if you were prepared to pay. Morecambe however is different, you can park on the front without restriction.
Beware of traffic problems Bill, at present sewers being replaced and by-pass built so it is chaotic at times.
Best option I can offer is to head for Asda as they appear to allow overnight parking (often see I.O.M vans there).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
it's ok some other mug is getting sent up there I am of to Holland to look at sum equipment::bigsmile:

Reactions: GJH

Arnica

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
Bolton le Sands Carnforth
Funster No
MH
Geist Touring 652 C Class
Exp
Nine years
Drive N East out of Morecambe on the A5105 Coastal Road, as the road turns away from the prom there is a side road which leads to a gym where there is space for a medium sized outfit to park up away from the main road. (have seen the occasional MH there, good spot for bird watching depending on tide).
Tempting go further round to Hest Bank but you will encounter NO overnight signs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back