AGM Batteries - Pros and Cons? (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Our dealer recently had our MH in for over four weeks putting right (but mostly failing) the warranty problems I had identified. Over the time they managed to run our new AGM batteries so flat they could not even light an LED. They found the problem and have offered to replace them free of charge, but just how good is this battery type and have they been damaged by their mistreatment.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
AGM free............ I would bite your arm off. If I could afford them I would have them tomorrow. I'm sure there will loads giving you more good than bad points soon.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Had our pair last year. They don't loose charge when standing idle, last a hell of a time compared to our old wet ones when in use and charge faster too. Very happy with them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
They are the best batteries in my opinion especially in the VRLA type. Only downside to them is cost in my opinion.

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
It's another type of lead-acid battery, with all sorts of claims for better this and that, but at the end of the day ALL lead-acid batteries need very similar treatment and looking after.

If the habitation loads had all been taken through a low voltage cutoff, it would have protected the batteries from serious overdischarge. Most solar controllers include this function but few use it.

Replacing like with like would be the way to go, we have AGM in the Mercedes.

Gromett: You can't get AGM in anything other than VRLA type.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back