Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Would 12 hours be enough for an overnight stop, by the time you settle in then have some breakfast it could drag on over the 12 hours. How does the tariff go after 12 hours. Know-body wants to rush away in the morning.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You probably have to purchase a fresh ticket I guess

OP
OP
Slawitbob

Slawitbob

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Slaithwaite Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
The car park in St Annes is £5 and it covers you from 18.00 till 10.00 then if you stay longer you pay by the hour or it's £8 for the next 24 hours..... Maybe Blackpool know this way they can get £12 out of you

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The car park in St Annes is £5 and it covers you from 18.00 till 10.00 then if you stay longer you pay by the hour or it's £8 for the next 24 hours..... Maybe Blackpool know this way they can get £12 out of you
Sorry but I find the implication that Blackpool Council are in some way trying to get more out of motorhomers annoying. As I said in the other thread, I've been corresponding with Brian Flower for several years now and have seen the effort he is putting in to the gradual development of extra facilities for motorhomers.

The £6 rate which is being introduced replaces a far higher coach rate which was previously payable. Let's see it for what it is, a genuine effort to provide facilities that many demand but few do anything about.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have used the St Annes site a few times and got the bus into Blackpool.
It might cost dearer to park in Blackpool but we will save on the bus fares so its 6 or a half a dozen for us. Will save the time sitting on and waiting for the bus too.

My relatives live in Blackpool so it means they wont have to chauffeur us which they sometimes do too.

OP
OP
Slawitbob

Slawitbob

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Slaithwaite Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Sorry GJH I don't know how to reply to your message!! I'm not really knocking what they've done I think it's a positive move forward for Blackpool allowing m/homes to park, but why make it 12 hours almost everybody will stay more than that. Who knows maybe you can purchase extra time by the hour? I'm in st annes this week I will go and have a look at the tariff board
Let's hope more coast resorts realise what revenue they're missing out on and do the same

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Who knows maybe you can purchase extra time by the hour? I'm in st annes this week I will go and have a look at the tariff board
That will be useful information to share, thank you (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry GJH I don't know how to reply to your message!! I'm not really knocking what they've done I think it's a positive move forward for Blackpool allowing m/homes to park, but why make it 12 hours almost everybody will stay more than that. Who knows maybe you can purchase extra time by the hour? I'm in st annes this week I will go and have a look at the tariff board
Let's hope more coast resorts realise what revenue they're missing out on and do the same
I don't know if the tariff board will have been updated because (as mentioned on the web page) the special motorhome rate doesn't come in until April.

As regards different charges in different council areas, that is a feature of parking anyway (sometimes varying between different towns in some districts).

OP
OP
Slawitbob

Slawitbob

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Slaithwaite Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Hi GJH/CWH.... As a new poster how do you reply to a post and keep the original post in your post

Thanks in advance

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hi GJH/CWH.... As a new poster how do you reply to a post and keep the original post in your post
Thanks in advance
Look at the post you want to reply to, click on 'Quote' in the bottom right corner. This will show the post in the 'Reply' box. Put your cursor onto the next line, type your post. ;)

OP
OP
Slawitbob

Slawitbob

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Slaithwaite Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
I don't know if the tariff board will have been updated because (as mentioned on the web page) the special motorhome rate doesn't come in until April.

As regards different charges in different council areas, that is a feature of parking anyway (sometimes varying between different towns in some districts).
That will be useful information to share, thank you (y)
I called at the Lyham road car park last week which already allows m/home parking and looking at the tariff board, if you stayed more than 12 hours you would have to purchase another 12 hour period no option for m/homes to purchase by the hour, whether the tariff boards will be updated in April I'm not sure... but let's hope a they allow you to purchase by the hour or extend the current 12hr to 15hrs.
Maybe this could be put forward to Brian Flower?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 22

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I called at the Lyham road car park last week which already allows m/home parking and looking at the tariff board, if you stayed more than 12 hours you would have to purchase another 12 hour period no option for m/homes to purchase by the hour, whether the tariff boards will be updated in April I'm not sure... but let's hope a they allow you to purchase by the hour or extend the current 12hr to 15hrs.
Maybe this could be put forward to Brian Flower?
I have no doubt Brian will be monitoring it anyway. This is a fairly major step so I would say see how it pans out before asking for more change.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back