Ferry question (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have already booked my van plus my hubby from Poole to Cherbourg at Easter. My daughter and her partner have decided to join us...no fees for adding online, however it is £196 for them to come in the van. As foot passengers ( we live less than one mile from Poole terminal) £156. Will we be able to pick them up somewhere in Cherbourg easily?

?

Deleted User
Anywhere after getting through customs. Never been to Cherbourg but every other port i have been at you have a car park area after customs and you can get into the terminal building for the loo or anything. Dont sweat it and boot them as foot passengers.

OP
OP
MichelleRyall
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Anywhere after getting through customs. Never been to Cherbourg but every other port i have been at you have a car park area after customs and you can get into the terminal building for the loo or anything. Dont sweat it and boot them as foot passengers.
Cheers, just have. I know at Calais you can get to the carpark so it must be similar at Cherbourg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Cherbourg is no problem for foot passengers. I have often done a day trip and they may even run a bus from the ferry to the terminal building.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Surely they can just jump in the van with you when you all leave the ferry ?
Say you met a person on the ferry who was heading the same way as you and you said "No problem we will give you a lift" ??

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Just take them down to the van with you, no problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Always amazes me where they get the prices from. My mate runs a haulage business & it is cheaper for him to drop his labourer at Alicante airport , fly him to the UK return rather than pay for him with the truck from Bilbao or Santander ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back