Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I was talking about a photo of 'fit' you .. not the bl**dy bike! :D
OK, if you insist :lips: Taken before the diet started...

20160106_152958.jpg

20160116_165810.jpg

20160103_161322.jpg

20160107_160311.jpg

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
The vet prescribed a spot on treatment for the sandfly for my 6lb chihuahua. I have to be careful not to overdose her :-(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
?

Deleted User
OK, if you insist :lips: Taken before the diet started...

View attachment 91867

8LB lighter. You left the wallet at home you tight bastard. The hike was chasing the dog that got lose and i bet i am fitter than you. Three years this month off the fags, work outdoors and walk almost everywhere. I only drink now Friday/Saturday nights and Sundy if any beers are left over from the weekend. Plus i was never a fatso to start with. Keep it up though but dont overdo it. I would hate to think you had a heart attack and snuffed it on your first year retired :D

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
8LB lighter. You left the wallet at home you tight bastard. The hike was chasing the dog that got lose and i bet i am fitter than you. Three years this month off the fags, work outdoors and walk almost everywhere. I only drink now Friday/Saturday nights and Sundy if any beers are left over from the weekend. Plus i was never a fatso to start with. Keep it up though but dont overdo it. I would hate to think you had a heart attack and snuffed it on your first year retired :D
I've got a few bob. Also got a good brain.

Gonna enjoy a long retirement.

Kisses

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can you two love birds get a room in chat! :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Why is she out the kitchen?
You need to pay more attention on threads/posts ... the kitchen is my HUSBAND'S domain ... I much prefer playing with my DIY power tools ....:sneaky:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You make that sound so naughty. Snigger :D
... not naughty ... more 'threatening' :sneaky: ... I am the original 'scary' Mel B ... nuff said! :devil:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You two will need a room again shortly ... one with hospital beds in!!! :LOL:

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
You two will need a room again shortly ... one with hospital beds in!!! :LOL:
I used to perv at Mel B. The song that went "Ill tell you what i want, what i really want" there was a part in the video where they were dancing on steps. Very bouncy Mel :whistle:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
who would guess this was a thread about dog passports?:whistle:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I used to perv at Mel B. The song that went "Ill tell you what i want, what i really want" there was a part in the video where they were dancing on steps. Very bouncy Mel :whistle:
If you want bouncy, just watch Robert Palmer's Addicted to Love :)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
You just make appointment at vets but make sure you say it's for issue of passport as not all vets can sign them.
Dog/ cat is then chipped if not already done, rabies jab, passport is issued. No need for blood test now unless you especially want it done. You can go abroad as soon as you like but animal cannot enter UK until 21 days after initial rabies jab.
Check the dates--- I had a couple of mistakes made in dates over the years. Make sure vet always signs and stamps at each point.
Ask for a 2 or 3 year rabies jab as this not only saves you money but saves the animal too many injections.

I thought the point of having the blood test and titre certificate was to make sure your dog had produced enough rabies antibodies to protect it from rabies and therefore ensure its safety. I understand there are incidences of dogs having to undergo a further injection because of insufficient antibodies. This might be out of date but I think it's probably worthwhile having the certificate as it not only enables you to travel outside of Europe with your dog but guarantees that the injection has worked.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I thought the point of having the blood test and titre certificate was to make sure your dog had produced enough rabies antibodies to protect it from rabies and therefore ensure its safety. I understand there are incidences of dogs having to undergo a further injection because of insufficient antibodies. This might be out of date but I think it's probably worthwhile having the certificate as it not only enables you to travel outside of Europe with your dog but guarantees that the injection has worked.
We had 2 of our dogs 'passported' when the blood test was mandatory and at the time it cost over £70, so I hate to think what it would be now!

It is NOT a requirement any more for countries in the EU but for those outside of the EU, such places as Morocco, then you DO need the blood test and have a longer wait before returning to the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/travel-outside-the-eu

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
We had 2 of our dogs 'passported' when the blood test was mandatory and at the time it cost over £70, so I hate to think what it would be now!

It is NOT a requirement any more for countries in the EU but for those outside of the EU, such places as Morocco, then you DO need the blood test and have a longer wait before returning to the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/travel-outside-the-eu
I am not a ranter but there are many reasons why having the blood test is a good idea, not least of which is a crap batch of vaccine, which can and does happen, a dog with a poor immune system etc etc. No it is not mandatory but we all value our pets, get the blood test, it might well be worth it.
You might want to read this:-
http://www.pet-informed-veterinary-advice-online.com/vaccination-failure.html

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Here's what MSD, the makers of Nobivac say :-

Contra-indications, warnings, etc
Do not use in unhealthy animals.

The vaccine may not be effective in animals incubating the disease at the time of vaccination. A good immune response is reliant on the reaction of an immunogenic agent and a fully competent immune system. Immunogenicity of the vaccine antigen will be reduced by poor storage or inappropriate administration. Immunocompetence of the animal may be compromised by a variety of factors including poor health, nutritional status, genetic factors, concurrent drug therapy and stress.
Some animals may be immunologically incompetent and fail to respond to vaccination. Animals that have received the corresponding anti-serum or immunosuppressive drugs should not be vaccinated until an interval of at least 4 weeks has elapsed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back