Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I've had my Rolex submariner 12 years now (50th Bday prezzie) and its as new and will continue to be for rest of my life. wear it 24/7 never take it off.

I feel the same way about e bikes, I like quality. As for vans enough medium priced stuff around in Germany thats good. Although I might change to a Carthago small A class IF the wife retires and IF we can make extended use of it ( want to go on long trips to Scandinavia as miss it...)Have to see if my health holds out first.....I do like the reliability of a new/nearly new plated van though.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks for the photos Dave. I think it looks really beautiful... I could live in that full time for certain.... Hope you and Pat have many many happy travels in it. Really lovely.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have been busy with this thing over the last few weeks. Have taken half the dinette out and replaced it with a nice leather lounger. Changed all bulbs to LED. Moved the TV down to a watch able level without getting a stiff neck during Coronation Street. Fitted a TV in the bedroom just in case am sick. Fitted the spare wheel on the rear bumper, instead of it filling a locker. Had the truck serviced with new oil injection system on the LPG. Its growing on me, BUT.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
To help with the odds of how long I will keep it. I fetched the cart part on Sunday morning last, although I had been using the donkey part since before Christmas. As I was putting the cart on my pitch there were 4 Belgians watching my excellent driving and manoeuvring skills. I was levelling the thing whilst pat was carrying stuff from the RMB. The next thing, one of the Belgians came over and said he had a Ram in Belgium and would love a fifth wheel. I wont repeat what Pat said when I told her to stop what she was doing, as I think I have sold it. At that point I had owned it for all of 30 minutes.

Mmmmmmmm are we related somehow Dave :roflmto: I have someone sniffing on mine if it goes that's three in a year :wasntme:

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Finally got round to a photo of the new mode of transport. It has one slide with the couch and fridge freezer and towed by a Dodge Ram 1500 with 200litre LPG tank. Herself loves it, but am not quite sure about it yet. It is a handy size for touring and just about big enough for long terming.View attachment 51417

Hi, What dealer did you get it from as I am still looking at what 5th wheeler to get. What made you decide on a Dodge Ram 1500? I love them and the Ford F-150. Everyone I talk to say there too big use to much fuel and why not get a small Moterhome , I am sure you have heard all the reasons why they cannot drive one. Did you come across the Kountrylite type 5th wheeler and if yes what do you think of them? What put you off the Nissan V6?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi, What dealer did you get it from as I am still looking at what 5th wheeler to get. What made you decide on a Dodge Ram 1500? I love them and the Ford F-150. Everyone I talk to say there too big use to much fuel and why not get a small Moterhome , I am sure you have heard all the reasons why they cannot drive one. Did you come across the Kountrylite type 5th wheeler and if yes what do you think of them? What put you off the Nissan V6?

Hi, Its for sale. PM sent.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
What are you and Pat going for now Dave? :eek:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

We have had this for almost a year now and like it a lot.
On the road again 004.JPG
On the road again 002.JPG

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just to give you an idea of the coupled length of the outfit. Oh, and the whole outfit is as new. Its residing in the sun at the minute, but could be delivered anywhere in the UK.
On the road again 003.JPG
On the road again 001.JPG
On the road again 005.JPG

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
The unit looks fantastic. How do you find the correct camp site or do you wild camp?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The unit looks fantastic. How do you find the correct camp site or do you wild camp?
We have done both. The unit is no bigger than a Euro motorhome in length at 23ft, but with the full lounge slide it becomes twice the size when parked up. It has solar panels fitted, so no problem camping off grid. The truck being LPG powered with huge 200 litre gas tank gives a good range with running costs no different than a family car. The bonus comes when booking ferries as its classed as a car and caravan and much cheaper than a motorhome. I may be tempted to sell the trailer separately from the truck, but not the other way round as I am happy to use the truck as everyday transport.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back