LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Oh yes we at Maisonette Shifty have a strict dress code, no onsies, no England rugby shirts ( all others welcome) ,open toe trainers. Toupees, any visible tattoos or those in receipt of winter fuel allowances. We don't allow cheap plonk, or any beer in bottles or prawn cocktail crisps. Tizer and that awful thing that those jocks drink, the wino juice. A no no.

Ah you must bring your own fire bucket and toilet paper, donations will be expected and a 38% service charge WILL BE ADDED, that is not negotiable.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Who cares? Talk to me, and I'll talk to you, ignore me? who gives a rats! not me!
I'll smile and say Giday, (I've even been known to say Giday to @Shifftzz @GJH)

But I do have trouble, and I'll be the first to admit it, just talking to people, starting a conversation, Maureen is exactly the opposite, with me however, I've got to feel comfortable talking to a person before I open up. Sometimes, I suppose, that in itself can be misconstrude as snobbery,

yeh Right! on the Forum I'M stirring here, stirring there, Carrots Pasties and the All Blacks.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
My philosophy on site is smile and say hello and take the chance for a chat if they respond. If they don't, never mind, there are plenty of fellow campers who will, and in the motorhome community, and amongst caravanners too, there are lots of friendly people. Gary
We do the same, but last time up in Yorkshire it was mistaken for a touch of wind...............

..... always found most people friendly. Even Dawn B when she was shooting me - well she was smiling anyway, but maybe that was a touch of wind as well.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
There is obviously a pecking order on camp site rather like the old sketch with John Cleese, and the 2 ronnies. M/H's look down on caravanner's, who look down on trailer tents, who look down on campers simples.....

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
There is obviously a pecking order on camp site rather like the old sketch with John Cleese, and the 2 ronnies. M/H's look down on caravanner's, who look down on trailer tents, who look down on campers simples.....
......VW campervan people look down on everybody, especially if they have a very old split windscreen one, but even tent campers look down on Burstner owners.........:imoutahere:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
......VW campervan people look down on everybody, especially if they have a very old split windscreen one, but even tent campers look down on Burstner owners.........:imoutahere:
That is assuming that the split window VW managed to make it to the site rather than breaking down on the side of the motorway.

If they do arrive, the occupants won't be ignoring you, they will just be deafened from the infernal racket experienced while travelling in the van.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That is assuming that the split window VW managed to make it to the site rather than breaking down on the side of the motorway.

If they do arrive, the occupants won't be ignoring you, they will just be deafened from the infernal racket experienced while travelling in the van.
Didn't know that Burstners were on a VW base......... ;)

Reminds me of a traffic jam last year on M25. Guy in the next lane was a real surfer dude, tatty wife beater, mystic tattoos, boards strapped to the top and of course in an old splittie and looking down his nose at the A class next to him. Well after about ten minutes of very slow stop start and he is waving frantically to get across to the hard shoulder, with a nice blue haze coming from the back of his van.............

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not aware that snobbery exists on here, and nor have I come across it, but then I spend most of my time in my gin palace.
I've heard more about snobbery since spending so much on my new MoHo, but I don't find any less visits from the Hoi Palloi or gathered masses. I know that @Wyaye wires finds the same I even have the evidence......

Broken Link Removed

What the hell is going on there?

Soup kitchen or brothel?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
[QUOTE="and the whole of Watford. .[/QUOTE]
I often stop over in WATFORD it is a pretty little village off the A5 enough people to fill a bus, not to be mistaken for the Dump in London.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Where are you just now Allan???

Just so we can pull up beside you in our big f*** off German van!!!

If this was the forties we'd have been a King Tiger...

Why do you think we parked right at the other end of the site to you at Parc Verger........:whistle:

Oh, and we are just driving back from Germany.........too many Hymers......

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm sure snobbery does exist within the MH circle and I'm sure it's not just the folk with posh vans, I tend to talk to most folk and say good morning and if I get no reply I will continue to say good morning or hi until I break them, once they speak first I just ignore them lol

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
I haven't read through this whole thread, so forgive me if this has been said before.
We haven't found any real open snobbery but my first wife and I, used to sometimes, in our early adventures in the UK, amuse our selfs guessing who would wave as they approached and as a rough calculation it was about 70%.
What was and still is strange is that when arriving on a site we found that only about 30% made any kind of attempt at contact!
Spud.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I don't mind talking to lesser plebs, they just aint drug up proper, like what I am!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back