Rally Chat Potential 'Music & Mechanicals' meet July 2016 - South Lincs (1 Viewer)

Michelle CV

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, see also the forum section of 'scheduled rallies' .....I'm pretty sure Misterton happened already.
Thanks for the help. Found section on rally chats and scheduled rallies - looking at the one re Misterton - there are no details of what it is, where it is etc. and an assumption that everyone knows from last year lol Also I am confused that lots of them are not in the event diary which is where I naturally looked to see what was happening - confused.com

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks for the help. Found section on rally chats and scheduled rallies - looking at the one re Misterton - there are no details of what it is, where it is etc. and an assumption that everyone knows from last year lol Also I am confused that lots of them are not in the event diary which is where I naturally looked to see what was happening - confused.com
What normally happens is that you'll see a post in this part of the forum....which is 'planning & chat', once the decision is made there'll be a thread in 'Scheduled'. I believe the calendar entry is separate so relies on someone remembering to do it. Some rallies are very popular and run each year (like Misterton) but I thought there's normally more info posted when it's nearer the time.....

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
As it's not far from our static the chances are that we'll be in that area at the time 'chilling' out - would we be allowed to pop in to say hi if we got the opportunity?
I don't see why not. There is a museum car park, so even if we have filled every available patch of grass, there should still be somewhere to park. Current thinking is that the main music session will be on the Saturday evening, but keep an eye open for details nearer the time.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Presumably Simon its a matter of just bringing the acoustic?
So I can leave the Les Paul and Marshall 100w stack at home?

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Yep. Don't fancy trying to mic up & balance 20+ musicians all at once!

On a general note, if someone wants to bring an electronic only instrument, that's fine, but the volume will need to be set at a comparable level to the other acoustic instruments.

It will be open session format - someone starts a tune - anyone who knows it & wants to play along just joins in. Singers will have to hope that instrumental players will moderate their volume accordingly! It's a bit like singing in the choir - if you are struggling to hear the person next to you, then you are playing too loud! Squeeze boxes, banjos & percussion generally have to hold back a bit, mandolin & nylon strung guitars have to give it some welly & whistle players are just stuck with what they've got!

Although there is a performance element to a session, as in lots of people will be sitting around just listening, it's not a concert. The musicians will be playing whatever comes into their heads for their own collective enjoyment. With any luck, the overall sound will be good enough that it will be pleasant to listen to by those sitting around. Deciding what to play next is often a case of thinking "What do I know & like that I think the rest might be able to join in with".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I think it would be sensible to set up a mike with an amp for those who wish to sing and play .

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
We would be interested..but dependant on dates. Thanks
See the first post for dates - 1st weekend in July.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
crikey forgot about this we are interested still if we can fit all the meets in July so many
I hadn't forgotten that you had expressed an interest back in post #10 on 3rd August.

The attendance list will open in the new year, when I will be asking for actual bookings. All the rally & meet dates for June & July should be known by then, so people will be able to make proper plans for where they want to go. I'll tag everyone who has expressed an interest, so you will get a reminder.

The events pages for June & July are still looking very bare - only this meet & the York rally on there so far, so I trust other organisers will put their events up as soon as they have dates finalised. I do know that Misterton is supposed to be happening at the end of June.

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
Hi would be grateful if you could put us on the list.
The first house we bought after moving to Derbyshire was a family that ran the" World Bubble Car Club" it took him ages to empty his loft of spare parts and there was a Xlarge garage that housed about 4 bubble cars and a large shed that had more and a second garage as a workshop, so would be interested if same person running this museum.
Margaret and Dave (Daisy)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I hadn't forgotten that you had expressed an interest back in post #10 on 3rd August.

The attendance list will open in the new year, when I will be asking for actual bookings. All the rally & meet dates for June & July should be known by then, so people will be able to make proper plans for where they want to go. I'll tag everyone who has expressed an interest, so you will get a reminder.

The events pages for June & July are still looking very bare - only this meet & the York rally on there so far, so I trust other organisers will put their events up as soon as they have dates finalised. I do know that Misterton is supposed to be happening at the end of June.
Hartlepool will also be happening early July.

GWG

Free Member
Oct 15, 2015
Paignton, Devon
Funster No
MH
C. Bessacarr 496
Exp
2 years (40 years Caravan)
Yes please, put us on your reminder list. Thanks.
Would be good to have a couple of week tour over "in the East"
Cheers.
Graham & Helen

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Hartlepool will also be happening early July.
It's going to be a busy summer! We are on the Misterton interest list, then there is this one & I'd love to get to Hartlepool next year if it doesn't clash - we couldn't make it in 2015. Then we are off to Sweden at the end of July, if the plan comes together.

We are also taking band bookings through into Autumn 2016, so it's all getting a bit tight & 2015 isn't even over yet!

Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
2 years back in 2009/10; resuming in 2016.
I'm very late to this particular party, but I am definitely interested if a place comes up.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
hope to b in uk then if so then pencil me in is there ehu?

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
hope to b in uk then if so then pencil me in is there ehu?
Yes - see site's own web site linked from post #1.
Additional £4/night & I'm not sure how many there are - not enough for everyone to have EHU, but at least half, I think, which should be plenty. I'll confirm when we do the proper booking in the Spring.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back