What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
MrB never stayed at Fulford is it walking distance in to York?
Friends stopped last week and they said 15 min walk ... With no pub stops :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
:cheers: Thanks may try it if can't get on Rowntree next time we are in York (y)

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
We have just got back home from the Forest of Dean lovely area but last night was horrendous high winds and heavy rain.Nice break anyway always good to be away.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
repaired conservatory door, bottom hinge destroyed when wind took door out of my hand snapping internal screws. an absolute barsteward to remove both sides then refit 5cm higher, job done goodun, saved a mint, just got to tidy up redundant holes. Also spent some time shiftin stuff around the van to accommodate new Kampa 260L air awning - no chance, so will sit on floor up front when travelling.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Trying out the new sport called "wind gardening" :xblink:

Our garden bins get emptied twice a week - including this coming Monday - and as we have to pay in advance, being a Yorkshire Tyke I'm not letting the bin go out unless it's really full - and there's a bit of a gale blowing :xsurprised:

But in the way of all determined people, I'm going to put it off until we've been for a walk along the coast path to get Him Indoors a newspaper. Hope we don't get blown off the headland :xsurprised:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Spending our first night away in our new motorhome. All essentials packed (tea, kettle, milk,wine,corkscrew).
Have a great time! We were in ours last weekend the wind was horrendous but I slept until it died down and was so eerily quiet I couldn't sleep!!

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Going to chester oaks cc club site on thurs untill sunday I am having rear air suspension fitted on friday to help with uprated payload

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We're booked on the 6.20pm train Friday evening (but hopefully will be on an earlier one!). Probably staying at Gravelines 1st night.

Not back until Sunday 3 January 2016.

Denise
Fancy swapping for a Christmas Dinner in Northants? No? Just thought I'd ask anyway. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We're booked on the 6.20pm train Friday evening (but hopefully will be on an earlier one!). Probably staying at Gravelines 1st night.

Not back until Sunday 3 January 2016.

Denise
Enjoy - see you next year! (that sounds like a long time away)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Enjoy - see you next year! (that sounds like a long time away)
I know - sounds a long time away but not really - we're away for 22 nights! Really can't wait to get going. We've seen both the kids this weekend so that'll be it until mid January when they are both coming to us for "Christmas in January" (they quite like it when we go away for Christmas because they can buy our pressies in the sales, LOL!).

Denise

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Off to the Dealers to do a handover walk around the New MH on Saturday. :clap: Unfortunately cannot drive it home as DVLA still not registered it yet. :xangry: At least when they do, the handover walk around will be done and so I can just drive it away.:xgrin: Dealer packs up for Xmas on the 18th, so they have only one more week:xeek: After sale did say he would come in and open up anytime for me though providing Tax has been applied for.:xThumb:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Off to the Dealers to do a handover walk around the New MH on Saturday. :clap: Unfortunately cannot drive it home as DVLA still not registered it yet. :xangry: At least when they do, the handover walk around will be done and so I can just drive it away.:xgrin: Dealer packs up for Xmas on the 18th, so they have only one more week:xeek: After sale did say he would come in and open up anytime for me though providing Tax has been applied for.:xThumb:
@Zigisla , can I suggest that you video the handover? There will be so much information that memory and notes generally can't cope! Especially as you'll not be taking the MH away straight away.
I bet you can't wait to get your hands on it though!

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Excited is probably the most understated phrase you can use at this moment. :party2: I know I haven't waited anywhere near as long as some wait; from NEC this October, but it is our first - crazy to buy new - got it in before some say it, but at least if I do forget something, I can ask again face to face when we do pick it up. Wife went over to deliver some extras we are having fitted and it looked real good.:clap2: We hope to use it over the Xmas period, so lets hope DVLA don't break up soon.:pray:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Meeting my family for a piss up in Cardiff:xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun