Habitation Power e645 Bessacarr 1999 (1 Viewer)

DJK

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
Bury Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E645
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I wrote on Swift –Talk on the fact that my habitation power is not live when the engine is running.

They told me it was a safety device on the habitation control bit of the power supply.

With winter now coming a bit quicker than we thought. Do we have any thoughts on why this is and can it be safely changed, my dealer say some MH’s you can and some you can’t mostly European that you can.

I find it a bit of a pain in rear end I like to check my motor and run the engine up whilst my good lady finishes off inside our Delcy.

Anyone any ideas please.

Ta

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you can read a wiring map and have a bit of technical know how it is not too difficult to by pass the issue
If you have a Sargent system it is a little tricky but not too bad, especially if all you want to do is fire up the engine to check all is ok.. Just need one small switch in a quite thin wire

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Most, if not all, UK built ones are like this - absolutely bonkers! We used to have an Autocruise Accent and this drove us nuts as whenever we stopped we had to remember to turn on the control panel and the water pump again ... in previous (foreign) vans we never had to do it ... now we've got a Globecar and it stays on ... no more having to yell to hubby to turn the ****** water on when I go for a wee so I can flush the loo/wash my hands!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The reason for this stupidity is that all electrical services on any vehicle have to conform with an EC standard that ensures that they won't interfere with essential vehicle services (ie all the ECUs fitted to modern vehicles). It costs to have each device certified and MH manufactures don't bother (there may be good reasons other than unwillingness to spend the money given the variety of electrical gadgetry usually installed). The simple answer for them is to isolate uncertified services when the vehicle is being driven. Most if not all electrical stuff installed in a MH is unlikely to cause a problem for the base vehicle so it is safe to bypass whatever is used to isolate the MH equipment.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
It can't be EU wide because this is only on UK built vans and not those from mainland Europe. And they use mostly the same devices as the European ones (toilet, hobs, fridge, heating etc). I think is a requirement of the NCC.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It can't be EU wide because this is only on UK built vans and not those from mainland Europe. And they use mostly the same devices as the European ones (toilet, hobs, fridge, heating etc). I think is a requirement of the NCC.
It isn't EU wide ... its just British built ones for some stupid reason! Every foreign make van we've had has always had the control panel, and thereby the rear electrics, remaining usable when the engine is running.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Thank god for the NCC!

If you go abroad you see Johnny foreigner's vehicles careering out of control off the autobahn whenever they plug their phone charger in!:rofl:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Could be although it sticks in my (variable efficiency) mind as EC. Maybe one of those rules that only we obey.:)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Having had one Italian van, two german ones and a brit ( and son has had nothing but brit ones ) it has only been the brit vans that are wired thus

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back